1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Yin and Yang by IP82 - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by ip82, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Bittersweet

Bittersweet Groundskeeper

There's not much I can really add to everything already said, so I'll just say this - Hurry up and update!!!
    5/5

2. DoWnEr

DoWnEr Second Year

Wish Harry had a more hands on torturing session for Hermione, Ronald and Ginerva. Felt sorry for Gabrielle, kind of, maybe... not sure really. Well its Fluers fault that her family was killed She probably knew that Bill and his family were stealing there money from Harry. I mean she had to have noticed the pricey things Harry did and how a family so poor that they had to hand down pets, wands, and clothes could suddenly afford those things.

Hope to see more soon.

3. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Is Yin-Yang actually, you know... Yin-Yang--kind of like the universe becoming sentient and striving for balance? Or maybe a deistic absent landlord deity who just recently noticed the Voldemort mishaps and sought to restore balance?

4. PapaMidNite56

PapaMidNite56 Second Year DLP Supporter

I like this story and I don't have a clue who this yin-yang guy could be. Maybe Dumbledore I dunno keep up the good work.

4.5/5

5. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

My first 5/5, though I feel this story deserves something higher. It's a pity you've discontinued it.

6. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Did you even look at the last time the story was updated? It was over a year ago... If ip hasn't finished yet I imagine this story is on Hiatus

7. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

It did take him 6-8 months to get chapters 2 and 3 out for beta'ing, so I assume 4 (and possibly 5) are gonna be monsters.

8. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

The best word for this story is "intriguing." Every chapter has something completely unexpected. It kept me riveted.

*giggle*
    And the whole anti-climactic "great revenge" scene actually felt very ... believable.

9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I've been stuck at the duelling scene for months. Actually, due to a variety of reasons, I haven't been around HP much lately, other than alphaing for a few authors and following a couple of favourite fics. I know better than to promise anything, but when I get back into it, the next chapter shouldn't take long to come out (I'm more than 2/3rds of the way in).

10. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

That is very good to hear, as this is one of the few evil!Harry fics I find outstanding.

11. Pug

Pug First Year DLP Supporter

It is good to hear from you take your time I know that when that chapter is finished it will be epic. I too would give this fic a 5/5. I have spent many hours trying to determine who the yin-yang person might be and I am still lost. I hope that it is not Dumbledore because if it is then Harry is truely f*****.

12. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

He could be because of the password's but remember the book he found (which detailed what the old man did to him) had the first page torn out so the password's may not even exist,
    but anyway it's good to here you haven't abandoned this and iam looking forward to the next chapter.

13. Voice of the Nephilim

From my viewpoint, Snape seems like the most likely culprit.

14. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

That makes sense, I think. If Snape had been the Bad Guy and had known the command phrases, Harry would have been used to ... I don't know ... steal a lot of money, then give it to Snape, or commit a few assassinations of people Snape didn't like. An Evil!Snape would have used Harry until the man was confident that Harry was used up, then would have arranged for him to end up in Azkaban. If he knew the phrases, and he knew A Lot about Harry through the Occlumency lessons, then he could have set up most of the first few chapters.

15. Voice of the Nephilim

For Snape to be the culprit, I see him as using Harry to destroy both the Order of the Phoenix, and the Death Eaters, and then defeating Harry using the chosen words, making him a hero in the eyes of the wizarding world. Pre-DH, Snape can easily be written as someone who hated Harry not for his ancestry, but for his the reverence his name brings, something that Snape actually desires for itself.

Perhaps a bit of a stretch.

16. Hiasha

Hiasha Squib

While Snape would've been a logical choice, towards the end of the last chapter, Harry says, (Well, thinks...) "Shit, I should have questioned Snape further before killing him, Harry sighed in frustration as he jumped on his feet and started pacing across the room."

17. Voice of the Nephilim

Oh, thanks for pointing that out, I obviously missed that. It's still a possibility, considering that all of Yin Yang's clues were laid out before the Order was destroyed. In this scenario, Snape was ambushed, so he didn't have the chance to use the keywords.

18. FollowTheReaper

FollowTheReaper Professor

I truly hope it won't become so cliche as Ying Yang = Nick Flamel...
    It would make sense, as Flamel was Dumbledores old friend and mentor, and the only one that Dumbledore could have divulged the Passwords...

I know that in canon, Flamel died at the end of the PS/SS, but this is hardly canon, innit?
    Also, a deceit like that would not be too unthinkable from a 600yo alchemist genious...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  19. Pug

Pug First Year DLP Supporter

Who ever Ying Yang is it apparent that he/she was close to Dumbles and one wonders if that person has made an entrance into the story as yet. That person had access to Dumbles office, the chamber of secrets an a number of other places accessible to only order members. Of all the contenders for the post of Ying Yang Unassuming, Trip over his feet, Dueling Champion Filius Flitwick is the one person who I think has the nuts to pull this off. Filius Flitwick with all the qualities of Ravenclaw could possible have hidden his Slytherin ablities.

20. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

But why not interfere earlier?
    I get that AD and the Order had to wait til Harry was physically capable of doing their dirty deeds, but why would YinYang wait so long to get involved, and why in such an ...indirect... and inefficient way? Rescue him, help him indirectly, use him in ways that serve him and you, use him to commit crimes, abuse him, use him up.
    All this wasted time and lost resources. The author better have some Damn Good reasons for the way the story is working. I love it, and I have faith that these aren't plot holes...