1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Anubis, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's supposedly only 90 minutes max long and easy as hell. The Batarians try to crash an asteroid on a planet, you stop them.

2. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Pretty much on the ball, but overall I actually quite liked it. It was too easy, and too short, but it was pretty much what the UNC missions should all have been like - a mini-story with cutscenes, etc.

Probably the longest I ever spent on a planet before was 30 mins, just tagging everything then going. Bring Down the Sky took me actually over 90 mins (because Im slow and went to do everything I could, dying twice in the process), and had a decent story.

3. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Sorry for the necro guys, but I have an idea that I'd like to pitch...

After a couple of hard drive wipes, I have decided to re-install my game. This would be my second "activation".

I want to know if it would be possible to wipe hard drive, install everything clean, install and "activate" this game and then make a back-up image of the hard drive to DVD or back-up partition or both?

The way that I see it, this would only count as one "activation"? Lets say later on down the road, I decide to uninstall it Mass Effect. Then even later on down the road, I want to play it again. I whip out my back up, let it do it's thing and then I'll be playing again. Would this still count as my second "activation"? Have I totally confused anyone?

The only thing that might make a kink is if a piece of hardware goes out...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Just flat out "aquire" it, patch and crack it, and save yourself the headache man. It's legal since you already have a copy legally purchased before hand anyway.

5. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

It's in a bit of a legal grey zone. If the precedent set by music digital downloads is anything to go by, it's actually illegal.

But it is on rock-solid ground, ethically speaking.