1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Stranger Trilogy by serpant sorcerer - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Sep 10, 2005.

1. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

You're a hero!

2. rededison

rededison Second Year

3. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

Fantastic. Thanks for your help.

Is there a chapter 7? There was a link that said there was one more left for now...

4. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Chapter 7 is still "Writing in Progress" and will be for probably another month – or so I've read. The author is busy with college.

5. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

It's up to being Beta'd, actually. Hopefully it won't require much of a rewrite after it does come back. I, like the next person, like 50k chapters but I'd rather than the 17k that are only a month apart.

6. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

A BIT!? You call three to five months between updates a BIT slow?!

Jono needs to learn to fucking break up his chapters into reasonable sizes. 50,000 words per chapter is not reasonable.

7. Anme

Anme Professor

Lol, I quite like it to be honest.
    I mostly forget about the story and then I suddenly find myself with
    50k to read.:D

8. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

That's good to hear. Though, Jono has like 20 betas, so we've probably got another month left.

What Jono needs to do is sign up here and post his stuff as WIP – that way we get to read it ahead of time and safeguard Harry from becoming a puss.

9. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

That may be needed depending on the direction the fic seems to be going. I don't like how all this talk of "Harry only knows the sword, we need to teach him about other tactics".

10. HSRTG

HSRTG First Year

I gotta agree here. What's wrong with the sword anyway? After all, it worked for Genghis Khan.

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I've been worried about that too. But I think that Jono likes Harry being strong, he won't make him too pussyish. After all, he went through the whole first story trying to come to terms with being able to kill easily and efficiently, Jono wouldn't throw all that character development away for nothing.

12. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Yeah, already Harry had no problems with attacking and torturing Borgin, attacking and threatening with knife St.Mungo's innocent guards and using lethal curses on Grindelwald.

13. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Has anyone heard news on when the update will be? I'd ask the author if I knew his email, instead of getting your hopes up.

14. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

No idea, Strager in the Promise Land has chapter 7 as "Comming soon" as of April 14th... So my guess is he's (or she) is taking a break...

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Goddamn you. Go check his yahoo group if you want to know, we don't exactly have inside knowledge.

All I know is that the chapter is done, and it is betaed, but Jono had exams when he recieved the betaed chapter back, so he didn't have a chance to look it over. That was a month or so ago (probably more), so he's had enough time to see if it was good enough to be posted -- so I'm guessing he's rewriting parts of it like he has for most other chapters. It should come out soon. Though "soon" for Jono is about 2 months...

16. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Yeah, about a month or so ago, it was finished. Jono had like 50 betas though, so while it shouldn't take that long to proof and correct his work, it just does.

Sure, having to wait six months for a new chapter is kina ridiculous, but considering the content, it's generally worth the patience.

Don't post here please. I was excited :( I thought he'd updated.

We should see the newest chapter by August, at any rate.

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Lol, so after a few months of Jono not even leaving a message up on his Yahoo group, he finally came back and apologized for being absent for so long. Amusing, because just before he came back there was a huge debate over whether or not the readers had a right to complain that Jono was taking way too long to update, and even let people know of his progress. Apparently he just sent the next chapter off to the betas just now.

Anyways, he gave us a small preview of chapter 7 because people were bitching so much. Nothing much, just a brief intro to the Dumbledore/Grindelwald battle shown in Tom's perspective.

18. Boo

Boo Auror

Well its better than nothing i guess.

19. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Fuck, I'd rather the drought continued and was lifted with one huge motherfucker of a chapter, instead we get a teaser.

If I read that teaser I'll go fucking insane waiting for the next chapter, especially as the previous chapter was so full of win!

Argh!!!

20. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

Jono is quite the cunt.