1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Harry Potter and the NofP by S'Tarkan - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Feb 22, 2006.

1. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

I like. The touch with the Goblins using the Ministry mistakes to get good publicity was an idea I've never seen before in fan fiction.

2. Bratling

Bratling Professor

This is probably my favorite of the time travel subgenre in HP fic. It's well written and includes several excellently done twists on what now are sort of clichéd ideas. I do wish he'd update faster, but his attention has been split between two rather large WIP stories.

Looking over the thread, I see that a good many posts are about his Naruto fic, well I can't comment except to say that Naruto is anime and IMHO all anime is badly drawn crap.

5/5 for me. I still love this story even with successive rereadings.

3. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Well, chapter 36 is now out. This chapter seems to be character interaction filler, and though it does show the outlooks and interactions of the "Gryffindor Six" with each other and some of the other players within the story, not much has actually happened yet in terms of plot (beyond showing how Hermione's parents have major misgivings about some things). That said, the update was slightly interesting, and shows some of the underlying guilt and responsibility that the characters feel they have for some of the events that have happened, even when they're not really responsible for them. It adds a touch of humanity to the characters.

Now if only something would actually happen to start moving the plot forward. =/

4. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

I quite agree, though the wormtail scene last chapter is promising. I think that this chapter was necessary, but not the most interesting one. Still, good to see an update.

5. Bug-Eyed Earl

Bug-Eyed Earl First Year

I met viridian for dinner once and we talked about writing. In terms of time in the story- just you wait.

6. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

I had found it difficult to get over the first few chapters not only that but it just degnerates to making the Weasley's god-like character's. Like his Naruto fic this is barely read-able.

3/5

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Is anyone else getting sick of all these fucking pep talks and/or condescending speeches to the older generation? It seems in every chapter Harry (at least most of the time, there was that one time with Neville and his grandmother) is cheering someone up, or talking down to McGonagall/Dumbledore/Weasleys/etc. Hell, most of this chapter was Harry giving his soap box speeches. There's a time and a place for them, not every fucking chapter. >_>

8. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Adults lost Harry's last war so it was obvious he would do so. His friends however were fighters like him, not politicians, so he improves them there. Basically is seems like doing things like last time just earlier, and changing the parents pov is to "improve" them or something.

9. Joschneide

Joschneide Groundskeeper

I really enjoyed this beginning. This Harry seemed willing to do anything to win. Now he's a fucking sissy. I still read it but update rate sucks, he's going to end up with Ginny and it's slowly degenerating into a fic I don't enjoy. 2.5/5

10. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

I am changing my vote 1/5. I like the Weasley's...Well more than most people here do, but S'Tarkan crossed the invisible line when he had Harry calling Molly mum. quite right there.

11. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've never managed to make it past the second chapter. Is it worth struggling through for the rest of the story?

12. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

If you're violently opposed to the canon 'ships or seeing the Weasleys portrayed in a flattering light, then this is probably not a story you'll enjoy.

13. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Truth. I think Viridian's lost interest in HP fanfics - at least it felt like it in this chapter. I have a feeling that he's putting more effort into the Naruto story and his real work.

14. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

It was nice to see that this story has been updated, but this is a huge project that seems to have lost it's head of steam. One of the better redo fics, I hope it can get back on track.

Is it just me or has harry potter fan fic jump the shark?

15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

In what way?

16. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

To even me, who has standards set very low, this chapter was merely 'eh'. It was fine, but the content is starting to bug me a bit. It didn't at all when I first started reading, but now I guess I've gotten kind of sick of the Weasleys.

On the plus side, his Naruto fic is really picking up steam.

17. Calis Clayr

Calis Clayr Seventh Year

One of the smallest countries in the world
    This used to be one of my favourites, but now it's just... I dunno, boring, I guess. The new chapter was pretty lame in my opinion, nothing really significant happened...

Luckily, his Naruto fic just keeps getting better. I'm really looking forward to the next update.

18. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I'm going to have to agree. At one time this was one of my favourites. I don't know if it is the long intervals between updates, a loss of interest in either the genre or the Weasley's or what, but it no longer interests me as it did. It remains one of, if not the best in its genre, however I don't find it as interesting as before.

Team 8, though, is one of my favourite Naruto fics.

19. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

It was a bit hard getting into the chapter, but I enjoyed it quite a bit once that was done. Great forshadowing in places, Slughorn was pretty cool also.

Reading this stuff about the Weasleys was pretty jarring though, mostly because canon compliant fics haven't really been my thing lately.

20. mathiasgranger

mathiasgranger Slug Club Member

Five months for that chapter, with the following this fic has...well it seems rather disrespectful to me.

2.5/5 for this chapter.

In my eyes five months between updates is officially on 'hiatus'.