1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Lie I've Lived by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm not speaking to you fucktard, but the necro.

2. Boofers

Boofers Groundskeeper

Oh.. Well never mind then..

But your face is still annoying

3. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Okay fucktard, a demand ends with a . or a !

I asked a question, and 3 weeks since the last post aint much of a necro.

BTW, your avatar becomes shorter everytime you post something like the above.

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  4. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

....I hate you all.

Please just PM that shit next time.

5. MrJoe

MrJoe Guest

Or you can all leave him alone so he can update when ready . . .

6. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

Bah, everyone knows the only way to get an author to speed up an update is to fill his Library thread with pictures of hot wimminz.

7. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I'm just posting so we have three Joe's in a row

Go Joe!

Oh and didn't he mention this in his forum on ffa. Too lazy to check but he usually say's how far along he in there as well.

Edit:

Voice of the Nephilim: How do I say this... you remember that boy who cried wolf.

Well this thread is like that... if people keep bumping the thread when the story hasn't actually been updated, someone's gonna get there nuts ripped off by the wolf.

(ie A vengeful moderator( ie Vash) )

And the village people ( The Other Mods ) will probably be quite pleased for it.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  8. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

If jbern doesn't mind answering, I don't really see the issue with posing the question.

9. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

General issues with asking about updates aside, seeing that the thread has a new post, when it's been awhile, makes other members believe that there's an update. You know this.

10. Voice of the Nephilim

When it's been a mere three weeks since the last post in the topic, is seeing a single post really that traumatic?

11. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

It's annoying; in three weeks time the last chapter has been discussed enough, everyone is just waiting till the next one.

When we see the thread updated after three weeks we get our hopes up that maybe the next chapter has arrived... Only to find some one necro posted. You should know by now, DLPer's don't take kindly to that. Even if the library is exempt from that rule.

Plus usually the good stories always finish there chapters in cliff hangers because the authors are douche's who get off on that kind of thing. And No one likes to be teased.

So in conclusion: Don't do It unless you want to be e-raped. Its basic interwebz etiquette.

12. Voice of the Nephilim

Yeah, that was my impression, that the Library was one area where it didn't matter.

13. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Christ, it has nothing to do with length of time. Three weeks or three years could go by: if that post isn't about an UPDATE (as in "an update occurred", not "when's teh next update plox?"), it's fucking annoying to be misled. QuasiJoe made it painfully simple to understand: Boy Who Cried Wolf effect.

EDIT: And I know JBern doesn't mind answering, which is why I said to PM him instead of whining on the story thread.

*mumbles* s'like I'm speaking Chinese or something in this mawfucker...bitches can't understand simple shit....

14. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Its okay... here
    [​IMG]

Because you tried.

15. Voice of the Nephilim

I humbly accept that Seratin has schooled me.

16. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Huh? I think that was meant for Blaise. He's the resident blacky.

17. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Hectic week at work, so here is a tease for the moment. In the final product, the Hat and Harry's conversations will be in italics. The Drakiekins will change before posting. I'm not thrilled with it just yet.

Disclaimer – Just another piece of fanfiction.

Acknowledgements – Special thanks to Mordecai for the education on Ancient Runes.

Chapter 13 – Caged Fear
    November 13th, 1994

I resist the urge to clap at Draco’s punishment. Somehow, I manage amidst the stifled mutterings from all the people crowding the Great Hall and the wails of denial emanating from Narcissa Malfoy. She’s already foaming at the mouth.

The Hat chortles in my mind. “Save your plans for beating the puzzle room, HJ. It’s been a long time since I’ve watched a branding and I want to savor the moment.”

“Here I thought you were supposed to be nice, Hat. Didn’t peg you for a Malfoy hater.”

“I could care less about the little shit or his misbegotten bloodline! I want to see pain and suffering! I want to watch Dumbledore’s face as he tries to figure out where he went wrong with the boy. I want to memorize every detail so the next time that aging fossil makes some inane statement about human kindness I can remind him about the day everyone watched one of his students get branded! It never fails to amaze me how savage you miserable bastards can be to each other. Frankly, I’m surprised that your race ever managed to walk upright – let alone create something as glorious as myself.”

Laughing almost aloud, I reply, “On behalf of the human race, I have to take offense to that. Besides, you need to tell me how you really feel about Dumbledore.”

People are looking around, some wondering just exactly how this whole branding is supposed to work. Thanks to the Sorting Hat, I already know. It’s partly why I have such a stupid grin on my face. I’m too far away to see the runes swirling on the surface of the chalice, but I know that in the center will be two runes. The first is Raidho, which symbolizes Right and Order – a symbol of justice. The second is Thurisaz, but in a reversed position implying that the enemy was attacked with malicious and less than honorable intent. The irony is that the two runes together have an almost lightning bolt look to them. Congratulations, Malfoy, you get your own distinctive little mark, except for the fact that it will remind everyone of me.

Maybe the Goblet has a sense of humor? “Hat, have you ever spoken with the Goblet of Fire? Is it alive like you? Is it just as miserable?”

“It’s never spoken. It shot an occasional wad of parchment at me over the years, but I don’t really have the hands to read them now do I?”

“That’d put a strain in any relationship.”

“Still, I believe it was created originally as an artifact to render judgment back in the days when you ignorant fucks believed that magic itself could not be corrupted and was a pure force.”

“I bet that lasted about as long as it took for the first person to put a Confundus charm on it. Look at it this way, if it is fully aware, it must be more miserable than you are. The last time that thing has been out was centuries ago.”

Either way, I can appreciate the irony in Draco finally getting his, but wait it gets better…

“It’s starting, HJ, look at the Goblet.”

The two runes begin to glow like sunlight is being reflected off of them. Unfortunately for Draco, the sun has already set. “How’s that for ‘Instant Karma’ there, Hat? No appeals. No buying off Ministry officials. Justice done right on the spot – no waiting.”

“Looks like he’s electing to do it himself! Must be his father’s idea to make him look like something resembling a man.”

It’s somewhat reassuring to see the uncaring thing that passes for justice in the magical world turn on someone else. “My Drakiekins! No!” Narcissa whines and gets to her feet. Two Ministry officials restrain her, but it looks like she was going for her wand. Given how she wanted to destroy my buddy here, it didn’t seem like she has the proper appreciation for a magical artifact.

In the grand scheme of things Draco is just a little gnat, an annoyance. He might have been some kind of archrival to Harry Potter, but I’m not that wet behind the ears soul anymore. Hell, maybe I never was.

Lucius hands his panicked son something to bite down on. He is no doubt telling the little ponce that Malfoy men do not scream like little girls. Narcissa is being physically restrained by two Ministry officials. Sweet Merlin, I hope they took her wand from her or this might turn violent. Someone else should see this – someone with his own personal ax to grind against ickle Draco.

“Dobby!” I whisper under my breath and wait for the pop.

“Master Harry…” I slap my hand over his mouth to shut him up. A few people sitting near me are momentarily distracted by the appearance.

“Just be quiet and watch. I’m guessing Draco was never very nice to you was he?”

The little psychopath nods very slowly with his overly large eyes fixated on the scene. With a muffled cry Draco thrusts the back of his wand hand against the side of the Goblet and he yelps in pain. There’s a brief flash of light and he thrown backwards clutching his hand and looking more pathetic after the Buckbeak incident last year. From the corner of my eye, I see a scary smile on Dobby’s face.

“He always says Dobby is not a good elf. Dobby needs to punish himself. How long can Dobby hold his hands in the fire today? Now who is the bad one?” The elf mutters under his breath with a slight cackle.

I’m not ashamed to admit it – that elf frightens me sometimes. It makes me really glad that I’m his employer.

18. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

Dobby wackiness FTW.

19. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Thank you!
    I needed that after the day I put in.

20. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    Dobby seems a little cracked....guess that goes to show you that even house elves can go off the deep end.