1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skykes, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Coming out in September 16th looks very good. Website is here and trailer is here. I for one will be getting it for the 360 or Wii.
    You play as Darth Vader's secret apprentice killing off Jedi mostly from that iv read.

So what do you guys think?

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I thought it was out months ago...

From what I remember it looked incredibly awesome. The only problem I had with it was his secret apprentice could perform feats well beyond anything previously seen in the SW Universe.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There's an in story explanation for the temporary power fluctuations in the force. I think it has something to do with the events of Episode III (killing Jedi babies?) severely screwing with the force. It'll take some years to settle down.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Canon Universe. Some of the Expanded Universe Jedi and Sith could do some hellacious shit. Nihilus wiping out an entire planet of Force Sensitves with the Thought Bomb? One of Bane's rivals did the same in the novels.

As to the OP and the game, this is fucking awesome. I remember when I first saw the trailer for it. I thought it was Revan and that KoTOR3 was finally coming out. This is not as epic as that would have been, but still utterly awesome.

Revan > All.

5. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

There has yet to be an official announcement regarding KoToR 3. Here's to hoping it's given more than a 10 month development cycle.

6. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

7. neren

neren Slug Club Member

Indeed, Revan>All. I think it will be the one of the most awesome Star Wars game ever. Second only to KOTOR. Get the game!

8. BombTheHarbor

BombTheHarbor Third Year

the problem with a star wars MMO is that everyone wants to be a jedi, nobody wants to be a smuggler, a merchant, or what have you. Too many chiefs, not enough injuns.

9. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Spore. Spore will be more important.

10. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Oh sorry for double thread but to be fair I did search for "star wars" in this section looking for threads, either it didn't show up or I missed...

Anyways if a mod will probably merge this soon enough.

11. Dr. Strange Lulz

I was a smuggler in SWG from beta through the combat revamp, NGE, and 3 expansions... Finally got fed up and quit. Back in the day, the smuggler forums were the place to be, we were all about Maroj Melons and Cake. Smuggler for life.

12. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

I used to be a Combat Medic. Man I loved that game. Nothing like bustin a heavily defended rebel scum stronghold.

To OP: got it preordered since march

13. The Deadman

The Deadman Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

I can explain the power thing. From what the makers of the game said, Starkiller, Vader's apprentice, has been raised since birth to test the Force to the limits.

On another note, I am buying this game as soon as I possibly can.

14. Dr. Strange Lulz

Top of the line Combat Medics that toss poisons that tick for like half your bars. God I hated CM/Rifleman...

The power situation is due to the eradication of the Jedi with order 66. All of a sudden the balance of the force in the universe has shifted greatly among those still able to use it.

It's like having a house in the middle of a constant rainstorm, this house has a roof with thousands of individual drain pipes pouring off the side into buckets of the same size, so each bucket gets a bit of the rain.

But when you take away all but 10 of the drain pipes, all the water that was previously flowing into thousands of buckets is suddenly flowing into 10. So rather than taking a long time for the buckets to fill, they're instantly and constantly overflowing.

The force is literally going haywire, and those able to wield it can do some incredible things.

15. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

well at least it looks cool :D

16. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

They released a developers movie, talking about various aspects of the game including many spoilers and how the game will differ on each of the consoles and handhelds. I thinkt he wii system will be very good. Sbar movements and strike with the right, force with the left. They showed people playing on the wii and it looked incredible. No preview on the PS3 and 360 graphics though, the wii, PS2 and PSP all look incredible, the DS looks kinda shitty but with awesome gameplay.

17. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Your theory is based on the Dark side though. Darth Bane theorized in the novels that the Dark Side is finite. Basically the more Dark-users there are, the weaker they get as a whole. Which is the exact opposite of the Light side.

However this is shit well on the level of awesome seen in EU. It's just that shit usually had a side-effect of death or was the affect of a prophecy etc. I just find it hard to believe this is average day stuff for 'Starkiller'.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  18. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Screw KoTOR 3, Bethesda needs to make my elder scrolls 5.

19. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This bring a whole new meaning to the sith motto there can only be two. And a good reason to wipe out those imitators.

Dark Side=Two powerful people.

Light=Lots of moderately powerful ones.

20. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Well, really, when you think about it, the Force, in both of its aspects, is supposedly created by life. Life is finite, which would seem to imply that the Force, as a whole, is also finite. So, with that in mind, the "Force Overflow" theory makes a lot more sense.

Also, ditto on the longer developement time for KotOR 3. But Obsidian really dropped the ball with KotOR 2, leaving the plot incomplete at best, and downright nonsensical at worst. I think they seriously fucked up the chances of having a KotOR 3. For months, all I've heard is that they were starting to develope it, but then canceled, then started again, then stopped. I don't think they're going to finish it. I have a really bad feeling that they'll just drop it and move to something gay, like another lego star wars game.