1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Morrowind Mods

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jamven, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

I was walking around my Wal-Mart today and came upon the clearance section. Walking through, I spotted a section with red-tag video games. Wadding through the crap, I spotted a box that said, "Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition". It was a pretty beat up looking box, probably been sitting in the backroom since TES 4 came out but with a $10:00 price tag, you can't really go wrong.

So here I am, installing the game. Everything goes perfectly and I load it up. The splash screen looks a bit off, but my Baldur's Gate does as well. I let the splash screen run, till I get to the start menu. I select "New" and I am underway.

The first thing I notice is the dude I am talking to has a red blob were his eye is at.

Scratching my head, I exit out and head on-line to find some mods for it. Thus I am here...

What mods would you guys recommend me downloading?

I have already downloaded:

better bodies
    better clothes
    patch6.3b
    Morrowind Visual Pack- Combined (3.0) (Morrowind Visual Pack, the Morrowind Visual Pack Nature Add-on, and the Morrowind Visual Pack XT.),
    The Underground

2. neren

neren Slug Club Member

No idea. The game was insanely awesome and my mods were numerous. I recommend you get familiar with the game editor and make your own house. The game becomes quite awesome after you've accomplished that. I stuck my house in the river of Balmora.

Also, who is the girl in your avatar?

3. Jamven

No clue, been trying to find out since I found it on /b/...

4. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Galsiah's Character Developement is an awesome mod. It takes a little getting used to, but it's sweet.

And I have a mod called "Balance". It makes the enemies harder, weapon damage higher, spells improved, etc... Can't remember where I got it though.

5. Onlyhestands

Onlyhestands Fourth Year

Morrowind is one of my all time favorite games. I got it when it came out and I still occasionally load it up. If I was you I wouldn’t download any more mods than you have until you have played the game a bit more.

If you get any Ordinator armor try putting it on and talk to any Ordinator. Just be sure to save first.

Its a good idea to save often incase you permantly mess something up or the game crashes (I find it to be a bit unstable).

6. neren

neren Slug Club Member

Yeah pick up some Ordinator armor and go talk to Vivec. I think the best looking armor is that green glass stuff. Don't forget to pick up some strippers, don't remember where they were at but they're there.

7. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    The strippers are in suran.

Thats a shithole of a town lol, I hardly ever stopped off there in my journeys around Vvardenfall.

8. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Another mod out there thats actually for Oblivion that you might want to check out is Morroblivion. It takes the entire Morrowind world and converts it to the Oblivion graphics. It doesn't do all of the quests and stuff like that but its still pretty cool.

9. neren

neren Slug Club Member

Oh that reminds me. I think there's this mod that adds Hammerfall and Daggerfall to the Morrowind world. Pretty impressive but I have no idea if it's actually done. Lol, I stopped in Suran a few times while exploring.

10. Jamven

I've installed the Better Bodies, Clothes, the patch, and the Visual Pack so far.

Haven't really been able to play much, been out looking for a new car to get me back and forth to school.

I am not really liking the 1st person view and the 3rd person is meh. 3rd person view makes my character look funny when he is trying to run :cry:

11. Onlyhestands

Onlyhestands Fourth Year

Yeah, the characters move pretty robotically. That’s one of the few things that can't be replaced by modders to my knowledge.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008