1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Denarian Knight by Shezza88 - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Rehio, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    /me demands hawt Harry/Meciel sex. I don't care if she's imaginary. I want it now.

Oh yeah, good chapter partial :p Needs betaing though. There are a couple of places where sentences and speech just cuts off.

2. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

As an avid supporter of Harry/Meciel, I heartily support and praise this part of the chapter. Fucking fantastic that kinky Meciel is. I demand moar of her in the upcoming Denarian Lord.

3. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    I like the dichotomy present in the second part of the latest chapter and the interplay between Dumbledore and Harry.

Yes, the old man is manipulative, but we already know that. But I like the fact that Shezza has not made Dumbledore into the money-stealing, supervillian cliche that so many HP fanfics fall into.

I am also very pleased that the issue of the Dursleys and the problems inherent with that decision was brought to light. Dumbledore chose safety vs. a family who would love Harry, and Harry made his own choice to walk in the darkness based on that.

In a way, the deaths of the Dursleys is Dumbledore's fault.

I like the fact that the relationship between Harry and Dumbledore seems to be moving into a more mature venue than in the past. In the past, the old man and Harry would butt heads, but Harry respected Dumbledore for his power and ability.

Now, Harry knows that Dumbledore's decisions adversely affected his life, and he can now look at the old man with clear eyes.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  4. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Great update.

I love your Dumbledore characterisation. He is everything you could expect from man of his age and posistion. He is manipulative, of course, yet he is beacon of Light, not a money and/or power stealing concealed dark lord. Also, what he makes are not acts of evil, but so humanly mistakes.

5. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

by far your best chapter ever!

Dumbledore's little spiel and revelation was very well received.

the only bit I'm a little confused with is at the end when dumbledore is saying meciel gave him love while he gave him protection...

Are you trying to say dumbledore not sure who is the actual villian here, him or the fallen?

Cause up to the end, dumbledore seems to be teetering between depressed and angry.

I'm not sure which he is for that statement.

6. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

What Dumbledore is saying about love vs. protection is that Dumbledore shipping Harry off to the boondocks in the Muggle world to live with the Dursleys was supposed to be protection, since the Death Eaters know shit about how to find someone in the Muggle world.

The problem was that who would protect Harry from the Dursleys? In comes Meciel, who gave Harry the power to tear those sleazebags apart like wet tissue paper.

Meciel offeres Harry love and support, and has actively aided him in his quest to become powerful. Dumbledore has stated that had Harry not been a Denarian, Albus would have kept Harry's destiny from him, and he would be a 'normal' boy, much like the canon emo-Harry we all know and hate.

7. shh

shh Squib

Great chapter, I have no doubt that the last story will be as good as the first two and that you wont fuck it up like so many other authors do with their series and/or stories.

Loved the kinky Meciel and the way you portrayed Dumbledore was great, not some ridiculously cliched villain stealing money from school children but manipulative and capable of seeing his mistakes.

8. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

Indeed, a win chapter. Although I was upset we still didn't hear of Amaris Dumbledore's little talk was interesting.

Sorry Shezza has already stated that Denarian Lord will be H/D slash as an apology to Harry Potter-Snape whos challenge he snubbed.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  9. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I'd still read it!

10. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

?
    This will be slash?

Great chapter, very good characterization.

11. shh

shh Squib

Yeah, you missed his post about it?

12. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

Yes, I must have missed it.
    Well, if it is done in Shezza's normal (the awesome) way, I don't mind, but I can't really imagine is *shrug*

13. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Lol, I wonder what Shezza would have to do in order to get his fans to ditch him.

Perhaps some experimentation is in order...

14. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

He would have to pull a JKR and seriously fuck up.

-Make Harry a whining pansy with no power whatsoever
    -Pair him with a characterless, annoying bitch
    -Make the relationship very dubious (lovepotion baby) and don't explain a thing
    -we need an annoying Know-It-All, who is better in everything and can do nearly everything
    -we need tons of new and never before mentioned magic trinkets, so magical power, knowledge, training will be nearly useless
    -long and boring chapters about something mundane as angsting teenagers and maybe something like...camping
    -start to suddenly kill some characters so it will look like some kind of serious fight
    -and the absolute best to fail a story, an epilogue that is so sweet and crappy that someones teeth begin to fall out and absolute stupid names for some children, pets etc.

Here you go for a way to make even Shezza's awesome story fail.
    JKR showed us how it goes

15. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

I was about to say old guys slash, but that works too.

16. LegalAlien

LegalAlien Denarii Host

A really great new chapter, Shezza! I enjoyed Dumbledore's point of view immensely! :)

All that talk about debts in the end brought me to a though however: Do Amanda, Ginny and Neville now own (wand-wizard) life debts to Harry? I would assume so, since he at least definitely saved Amanda's life by cauterizing her wound (I hope her family feels properly guilty about sending Harry away when he was in need of help!) and Neville's life by pushing him out of the way of an AK. Ginny's case might be argueable though.

In any way, James' dead to save Snape's life definitely seems to pale in comparison to this, and still this debt forces Snape to look out for Harry's life (at least in canon). So I'm wondering, if you've planned anything like this, Shezza?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading the last part of this chapter as well as the last chapter of the Denarian Knight.

17. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

I think Snape tried to save Harry's life voluntarily, because from his point of view he owes James and that's unthinkable. I don't think a life debt forced him to do anything.

18. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Also, don't forget Lily.

19. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

I am curious...

Shezza tried out a chapter earlier in Denarian Knight where Dumbledore used his powers as a Grand Sorcerer and used a combination of divine force and human magic to alter Meciel's coin so that Meciel would have an actual human connection to Harry and love him in all ways genuinely.

Will something like that still go down in Denarian Lord? The idea is interesting and might change the dynamic between Harry and Meciel, but it seemed too early for Denarian Knight.

20. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I came. Twice.