1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hellgate London Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Alright, I'm looking to get into messing with this here and there again, anyone still playing it?

I got screwed out of enjoying it shortly after launch due to the new house and all, lol.

2. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I might be willing to give it a go again sometime when I'm less busy. However I found that the novelty wore off rather quickly for me since it became so repetitive. Hope you have better luck.

3. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Exactly. Playing the same damn levels and the same damn bosses over and over again just isn't appealing =/

The rearranging levels doesn't help either. A different path with the same/similar baddies is hardly noticeable.

4. Midknight

lol not alot of interest. Then anyone who's not playing anymore, can i has ur stuphh?! lol

Actually I really just need a good hand transfering items if no one wants to give me a hand with some stuff =P

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  5. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

What level is your character? If any of mine are close I might be up for playing some. It would be a waste to let the game sit there.

6. Midknight

7. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Looks like they devs just went bust and folded. Were there patches expected for Hellgate, those of you who play? If so I would not get my hopes up, it appears it's now very unclear as to whom holds the rights to the IP. HanbitSoft wanting to continue development, someone else saying they have no right as the IP isn't theirs.

I suspect Hellgate may come to a bitter end because of this unless it is resolved soon.

http://kotaku.com/5024558/flagship-sunk-whos-in-charge-of-hellgate

8. Danjam

Danjam Seventh Year

That sucks, especially considering I just bought the game. I wonder if this means no more online play at all, or just no content updates, which you have to pay for anyway.

I hope they manage to keep a server up.

9. Midknight

I wouldn't believe it yet. There's no word of it from their devs on the forums, and the guys' still posting blogs of development processes. I've also read about 20 different new stories about this, and they're self quoting each other's articles.

Believe it when you see it. Either way, you can still play the game just fine offline. Fuck I think I've only ever interacted with folks as is to mule items before I resubscribed.

10. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

You're right in that there doesn't appear to be an official press release yet, but confirmation is effectively out. Employees changing their working history to ending with Flagship in July 08, lots officially leaving, etc.

I've been tracking at the following source for the last 12 hours or so, they are updating more as the story develops. Press release or no I think I'm going to call this true.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/3...losure-Confirmed-All-Staff-Fired-All-I-P-Lost

You are right about the SP experience of course. That won't be going away, and I'd think that there will be at least a few months of online left if not longer, provided Flagship were contracting out servers and not hosting their own (in which case it'd come down to the IP holder - which is up in the air). Just that if the community was expecting patches or new content it might not be happening any more.

11. Midknight

Hrm yeah it is looking more and more likely. Damnit and I just spent all that time on my MM =/

Ah well, right idea, right game, wrong company.

And I dont really get the big deal about Mythos. It's a Diablo clone, but a very kiddy one at that.

http://www.flagshipped.com/2008/07/11/flagship-has-been-flagshipped

And then you have another article where they're saying official responses say it aint true. So still, who knows.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  12. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Are you currently subscribed to the MMO part of the game Mid? That article seems to suggest unsubscribing has been down for 36 hours+, with no word on when it'll be back. Worrying for those who are still paying :(

I would think that a press release would be forthcoming tomorrow at the latest. With the apparent amount of layoffs being what it is (on top of the fact that the company had been losing staff at a high rate for a few weeks prior to this) I do not see how the company can continue, much less carry on with development of anything at all.

It may be possible I suppose that the founders are going to start over under the same name and rebuild the company from scratch, so technically the company would not be completely folding. Not sure how likely that is though, as I don't think I've ever seen it before other than in Interplay's case - and years on after their collapse they're still not back to even a tenth of what they were.

Realistically I'd be very surprised to see anything other than a "We're closing. Thanks for your support." sometime this week.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  13. Midknight

Yeah I had to spend 10 bucks to be able to get all my items I had in the stash free. And yeah the unsubscribe bit is down.

Sucky if they did, they had an awesome idea for a game, graphics are medium quality, but the world needs to be 20 times bigger at least. needs more tilesets, more outside stuff.

Stonehenge and the wilds kicks ass though, really mood setting.

14. Durden's Wrath

Durden's Wrath Second Year

I feel completely raped by this, as I paid to be a "Founder" of the game. I'd thought, with this being the team that developed Diablo and Diablo 2, that I'd have a safe bet.

Damn, looks like if it's not Blizzard, then it's a safe bet it won't survive.

15. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This is the absolute truth behind all video games.

16. Durden's Wrath

Well I would rank it right behind the JRPG Limit. The limit is described as follows.

As completion time of game exceeds 1 hour, chances of seeing a tentacle approaches infinity.

17. Midknight

18. Durden's Wrath

Sweet. Now if they'd just undo some of the proposed nerfs in the 2.0 patch.

Course this game and every other game I play is going to gather sweet sweet dust once Diablo 3 comes out.

19. Danjam

Danjam Seventh Year

Well, I can say for sure that this is a great game, now that I played it a bit.

How does that Stonehenge thing work now? Is it like an expansion pack, do you have to subscribe or what?

20. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Glad to see that Namco are stepping in. Never nice to see a game studio sink, and hopefully this will be enough to help Flagship claw themselves back, provided they can get back their employees (or those who haven't already found other jobs at least).

Good news for everyone subscribed too of course.