1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Prince of the Dark Kingdom by Mizuni-sama - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by headbanger22, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

Yes, Very promising.

I am surprised that it is so welcomed here though, it's not something DLP usually aproves of, the style is kind of different?

2. Sporangia

Sporangia First Year

What's wrong with a different style?
    Edit: Sorry, I thought you implied something that you didn't.

Anyway I read through this and at first it seemed rather confusing, what with the 'Heinrich' and all that but it soon became fascinating and the world is very interesting. Harry's shown intelligence in figuring out things like at the at WYRA (memory charms and such), which is great.

New Chapter. I didn't quite like the confrontation between Harry and Snape though the scene between Voldemort's groupies was fairly intruiguing and hints at what's to come. The Taboo from DH has come into play. How shall the drama unfold.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  3. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

I never said that anything was wrong with it.

4. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

It has been updated..twice :D

5. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

Interesting scene between Voldemort and Harry. And next chapter we get to see how the rest of Hogwarts responds to his return, and Whitehall and Morgenson's disappearence. I hope the story continues to be interesting.

6. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yes, yes... good story, hopefully worth it since I've been following it for months... but what about the Remus/Sirius hot jungle werewolf sex?

Only it's been implied by Snape... so I hope he continues his record as a lying fucktard. I don't mind minor slash much, but this has been done to death. And the way Harry thinks about the possibility of James being gay... or am I misinterpreting here?

7. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

The new chapter finally has him start his second year, and we're introduced to a new character (who in my opinion seems 10x more interesting than Harry). The foreseeable Harry/Ginny interactions are slightly nauseating, but at least the author has said that the story will not likely be Harry/Ginny.

8. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Don't bitch about the H/G... Ginny is constructed well, from the little we've seen of her.

The Sirius/Remus is a bit cliched though, but so have many parts in the story and the author has pulled them off reasonably well.

4/5

9. Neo2b

Neo2b First Year

It stopped being interesting for me the moment a Weasley appeared at a Malfoy christmas ball.

10. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Voldemort is one slick bastard. He's awakened the diary to help bring Harry over to his way of thinking.

11. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

Great story, does anybody found similarities with Aldous Huxley's Brave New World book? This fic contains anti utopia, it is original and at this point it is hard to tell what plot will be (which is certainly an good thing)
    5/5

12. Renzhoulawyers

Renzhoulawyers Sent Back to India

and pray, did you send him your thoughts via a PM?

13. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Finally a fic which shows the brilliance of the Dark Lord. In too many fics you have Harry outwitting him. I would much prefer a struggle for control then a one sided battle.

14. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Ney chapter has been posted if anyone didn't know, and it looks like updates will pick up to their previous pace.
    Harry's reaction to finding the body was handled beautifully. It seemed he was having flashbacks to finding his mothers body (she was killed by burglars, wasn't she?), and the way Snape reacted to Harry was priceless.
    Overall, it's a really good story, and I'd give it 4.5/5

15. malwastyle

malwastyle First Year

I have attempted to read this story several times before and I just couldn't get past the first few paragraphs when "heinrich" appeared. Today I was desperate for a good read, and with shezza neglecting here faithful :p I tried this story again.

I have to admit though I cheated a bit and skipped the prologue. I am glad I did, the writing is wonderful, the plot is original, the pace of the story is beautiful and characterization is well done (no mary-sues). I'm only on ch11 right now, and I usually don't enjoy "young" harry fics but this might just break the norm.

Ill holla back when I get through some more!

Hehe just read ch 12, i thought the "burning" sensation in harrys lap was an std!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  16. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

This is up to the third year, and 46 chapters. I think this will be the first decent septology to ever reach completion.

The random German at the beginning kept defeating me over and over and over again whenever I attempted to read, but when the backstory of the AU unfolded, I found this to be very well-imagined.

What I like most is that the author's interpretation of a Britain under Voldemort's rule is strict and aloof, but not a hell on earth scenario, in-line with IP82's interpretation in "Renegade State".

5/5 material right here.

Baby.

17. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I feel obliged to protest. The Sacrifices Arc was a helluva lot better, and it finished. Even though it was gay. :p

But yeah, this one's decent enough, and doesn't slide to midless drudgery much despite its length and time-span. I'd award it 4.5/5 if it ever reaches completion.

18. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

History is written by the winners. This story definitely expands on that. 4/5 with more potential.

19. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

I enjoyed the werewolf scenes especially with deceptive luna almost getting him.

20. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

o_O

Luna's in the fic?

I already gave it a 5/5, lulz.