1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Anatomy of a Leader by Cyblock - PG

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Fiddlesoup, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Fiddlesoup

Fiddlesoup First Year

Title: Anatomy of a Leader
    Author: Cy Block
    Rating: PG
    Genre: Humor/Parody/Alternate
    DLP Category: Humor/Parody
    Chapters: 7
    Words: 9,845
    Published: July 30, 2008
    Updated: August 06, 2008

Summary: The election is around the corner, so it is only a matter of time until Harry Potter will ascend to the magical premiership. The youngest minister ever, the shining light of our people, but in so many ways a complete enigma. Where does he come from, what makes him tick and what really happened during the tri-wizard-tournament? Join Rita Skeeter, in her series “Anatomy of a Leader”, one writer’s attempt to retrace the trail Harry Potter blazed through the world ever since that fateful night.
    Link:
    Work by Authors thread: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=10266 Complete
    Patronus Charm: http://patronuscharm.net/u/1130/ Edit in the works.

I liked it overall I'll give it a 4/5. The chapters are short, but it is a worthwhile read.

Checked by Minion, February 6, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  2. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Wasn't that great of a story. Left a review on PC. It's just your average story following Canon with his own tiny little twists thrown in. 3/5 from me.

3. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

I couldn't even read through the whole thing. It was okay at the first few lines I guess, but the whole 'I AM HARRY POTTER' thing got annoying before the second time. Petunia was the whole motherly mode in front of the Skeeter bug but the clues underneath were pretty obvious.

FAIL. Spectacular FAIL. However, I will give it a 1/5 for the attempt at a new (well, not 'new' but more Original) idea put on the net.

4. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I couldn't get into this story at all, The "I am Harry Potter'" thing annoyed the hell out of me also. I just don't like the hole retard!Harry thing.

2/5

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  5. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

Why do you rate a story that you didn't read?
    For people who don't pay attention. This is a Retarded!Harry fic. He is mentally dysfunctional with the huge forehead and the whole deal.

And the aunt wasn't being motherly at all. You could look in a primary school English textbook to know what these [brackets] mean in quotes. Petunia was calling Harry a freak and retard through out the interview written by the skeeter.

For review. 4.5/5 for extremely funny presentation ways to portray how Harry got through the years as a Retard. The writer of the prophet articles are extremely believable in character as well, doing things like misspelling names and balantly editing quotes.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  6. The Deadman

The Deadman Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

I read this in WbA, then at Patronus Charm, and I liked it. This is the first time I read a retarded!Harry, so it is original (I believe). My favorite is when on the second day of class in First Year, he started going around, giving people great big hugs.

4/5.

7. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I liked it.

Retarded Harry was funny. 4/5 because nothing is perfect.

8. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I left my thoughts in the WbA section, so I'll leave it at that.

4/5 for originality, amusement, and for acheiving the original aim. Let's not even mention the fact it is actually finished.

9. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    5/5. It is very rare that a parody makes me laugh - far too often the genre is an excuse for poor grammar and lame jokes, and an excuse for obsessive OOCness. Here that didn't happen - Petunia's thinly veiled abuse and the prophet's attempt to change it was hilarious, and certain lines from interviews were top notch - in particular Cedric's and Ron's - funny because they were Cedric and Ron, and not OC's that just shared names with them. It was very easy to transpose this onto the canon story, and that's what makes satire worth reading.

10. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

I've never laughed at a parody, this was no different. Retarded!Harry is, in no way shape or form, amusing. 1/5

11. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

I laughed. I shouldn't, seeing as I'm a teacher. But I laughed.

5/5

12. Cjonbloodletter

Cjonbloodletter Professor

I was amused, I loved how you could tell that Rita was forced to edit the interview with the Durslys. Reading between the lines of what was and wasn't being said made this an entertaining read. 4 out of 5.

13. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

It was...decent enough I suppose. Pretty much in the middle of my scale between a great work and absolute donkey balls. So, a 3/5 from me.

14. Cy Block

Cy Block Second Year

Final chapter is up over at PC. Shit is done. It’s different than the WBA version, maybe worse, maybe better, but it’s done.

A fat thank you to all the reviewers. I do like those of you better that gave me a good review, but I love those of you that elaborated. My one true hero, however, is the brave soul who rated this thread “terrible” without commenting. That takes balls, massive balls. Kudos, I want to touch you.

15. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

I can't read it as I said but I can understand the idea. Petunia was never motherly towards Harry but tried to act like she 'had loved him' as many might have.

Retard!Harry is, well, retarded for a true plot but this little bunny worked for some I see.

And I didn't give it any points for reading. The single point I offered was for originality.

16. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

You still aren't getting that Skeeter fixed Petunias wording. She took a few liberties with the conversation. What I'm trying to say is she put words in Peunia Dursley's mouth.

Not that hard of a concept to understand. Most reporters only do brackets to clarify what their interviewee said. Rita isn't like most and changed up a few things to make Harry appear normal.

Cy - It wasn't what I had in my mind's eye when I thought up Retard!Harry, but you took it and made it your own thing. Somethings I didn't like, but I laughed and enjoyed it for the most part. Good job on the first fic.

17. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

For the socially retarded, or perhaps victims of the same birth defect that this Harry has, here is a clarification to prevent future confusion.

See the brackets? It means that Rita changed it. Knowing Petunia, it was probably something like this.

See?

18. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Lol. I inserted the word retard for most of those. Freak works too.

19. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Eh, just using it as an example. You're right though, retard works better. In my defense, I skimmed over a good bit of the story.

I did like it though.