1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Veela or Metamorphmagus? (Why not both?)

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Brian64, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I don't know.

Oh wait.

2. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If I didn't have the powers, this still wouldn't have been moved.

Think about that.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Brian64; Stop posting. Seriously. You're a fucking retard. You add nothing of value to the site. Leave.

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

He's got you there.

And this idea fails right at the beginning, where you make Bella unhot, of course.

... then again, I'd read a Harry/Flonks. It sounds so ridiculously Fanboyish, that it just might be extremely lulzy to read. But of course, you know, I have strange tastes and all that xD

5. FollowTheReaper

FollowTheReaper Professor

As long as it's well-written and contains an amount of :fap material... Then it's fine by me.
    With emphasis on the :fap

6. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I ask one question of you... why the hell would you need the veela? The entire point of veela powers is to make them look more attractive and to draw in males. A metamorphmagus can just change themselve to look hotter. Totally fucking redundant. Threesome>This crap

7. NataliaGAG

NataliaGAG Fourth Year

I lol'd too, it could be good as a parody...

But, really, why Voldemort would want a veela near him? They make men loose control... And Voldemort is a control freak.
    If he wanted some extra good looking brood mare he could have Tonks metamorfomaged (yey, I don't know how to write that idea...) into Fleur.

Edit: Errr... I haven't saw the last post before posting...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  8. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

I'm not going to bother commenting on the outline you put up, that would just be redundant. Even a stupidly contrived plot involving conspiracies, Bill's grand-daughter and Time Travel would be more entertaining to read.

A female who has somehow inherited those skills would be nothing but a Mary Sue. Might not come out too horribly, if the relationship was properly balanced and if the author put enough smut and awesomeness in the story. It still wouldn't get very high marks on here, I suspect it would end up in the WTF thread.

9. Brian64

Brian64 First Year

You've read maybe a handful of posts from me, and have already decided that this is as good as it'll get? I comment on 2, maybe 3 topics, and you've decided to take the time to try and chase me off both in this thread and a PM saying the same thing?

Seriously, based on what I've seen so far I can't see any reason why I'd even want to hang around.. (Yeah, I can already hear the cheering and the "Great, don't let the door hit you on the way out" reply)... but I'm not going to slink off simply because of some insults flying my way.

BTW, the 'fail' responses I have *no* problem with. I put the idea out there, people think it sucks - that's cool - that's the whole point of posting the idea for feedback. Hey, at least I had the balls to take a shot at putting my idea out there. Chasing people off after so few posts because they don't think the same as you? Sounds like a good way to build a forum full of lurkers and ego strokers.

Ginny I can take or leave - plenty of other girls in the queue ahead of her in my opinion. I also hate slash. As far as I know those are the only two real qualifications for DLP membership apart from a thick skin. Am I wrong?

Anyway, on to some other responses..

Memory King; I have this idea of Tonks and Fleur arguing in their head, everything from fashion, to Tonks' clumsiness... trying to establish who should be the alpha personality. I'm thinking of that scene in a Doctor Who episode where Cassandra takes over Rose and that whole "Oh God, I'm a Chav!" line. I can also almost hear Fleur in my head saying something along the lines of "Wotchair 'Arry. <insert shocked pause> Oh merde! Zis ees c'est eempossible!"

NataliaGAG; Yep, humour would be a big part of it. Not sure if I see it as a total parody, but maybe. As for Voldy, I can see it being a status symbol thing, but he's also smart enough to see some value in having a Veela put his enemies off their game during battles.

Poytin; Tonks is still just one regular woman at a time, however she morphs. Veela have the magic compulsion behind them and whatever other Veela 'gifts' the author wants to include.

FollowTheLeader; I'd expect there to be some fappage-worthy material in there somewhere. Not if I end up writing it though.

Sesc; yeah, Bella's got that whole evil hotness thing happening, but I think that's Bonham-Carter & fanon that have done that. Realistically speaking, after spending as long as she has in a cell in Azkaban with dementors, she is gonna be a wreck. I don't see her getting into the whole pilates thing, and without a wand and decent meals? Dunno. We saw what a wreck Sirius was when he got out.

Wash; yeah, Nonjon probably could at that.

Cheers,

Brian

PS. Vash, I've shamelessly stolen your Joker gif to use elsewhere.

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

No. I said you're a fucking idiot because you're taking a fapfic idea, and talking about it like its, for example, Bungle in the Junglebunny by Jbern. This is not, and will never be, a serious idea, despite your retarded, virgin, sweaty palmed mind tells you.

Not only that, you come off as a complete and utter idiot in every thread you post in.

PS; DONT STEAL MY SHIT.

Edit; Way to ruin my 3800th post, you faggot.

11. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

Lol. I spent like 5 minutes watching Vash's sig.

12. Brian64

Brian64 First Year

I'd argue with you, but why waste my time? You're way too busy working on insults, high on your own self-importance, to pay any attention to what I say anyway. And you accuse me of sweaty palms? ROFLMFAO

But, for the sake of anyone else reading along, I talked about the idea since people asked or commented about it - almost like they were interested. I never suggested it was the next bloody Bungle.

BTW, that was so worth the edit - like I'm going to give a shit what you did with your 3800th post. :D

PS; that gif was good, but hey, I promise not to steal it again if you want to keep using it. That pencil scene was totally awesome in the movie.

13. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

STORY TIME:
    Utter fucking fail.

14. Brian64

Brian64 First Year

LOL. That was a complete fail for sure, but at least you took the time to be creative about it, so kudos for that.

15. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    [insert generic facepalm picture that Gullible is too lazy to go dig up]
    FACEPALM!!!
    [/insert]

16. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    [​IMG]
    A facepalm for a fellow lazy dark lord.

17. FollowTheReaper

Goddamn Knox, your pic ripped me up.

18. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Yes, I thought so too. The concentrated failure of your post nearly corroded a hole into my screen -- LOLZ BRIAN IZ GAY FOR VOLDEMORT LOLOL! So creative indeed. Subtle, even.

Would you mind not jumping on the bandwagon in every thread you post?

As for the plot-bunny: as it is, it's extremely weak. But I could see it done as a parody, with some sex-deprived pimply idiot wanting to create THE hawtest gurl evah (see FollowTheReaper's posts for a more accurate idea of the character's personality), going all Frankenstein with a Veela and a Metamorphmagus, and coming up with an MPD-suffering "Flonks" he has no control over. Why not. You'd need a serious talent at comedy to pull it off, but why not. Of course, if you do it that way, smut scenes wouldn't fit in there at all.

That would still be a lot less 'fail' than some ideas people come up with in the "Heur" thread. That's where you have to look for the sweaty-palmed virgins. That and most reviewboards for H/Lily stories.

EDIT: wtf with the pet-pic fest?

19. FollowTheReaper

You wound me deeply Tinn. And about the cat pics? Join the Cat-side Tinn, well make you powrful beyond your wildest imaginations...

lolz

Btw, I agree with you on it making at least a mediocre humor/comedy fic if done right.
    Ninjaedit: "Done right" meaning nonjon

20. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Yeah, FollowTheReaper. I see that that was what you where talking about all along :p

Tinn can be very persuasive, can't she?