1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Online; The Age of Reckoning

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Dark-Stallion, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

Well, the release is on Thursday the 18th (earlier if you have the collectors edition pass) and I'm pretty shocked that there isn't already a thread on this.

It's heralded as the new WoW, and many think that it will become even more popular then the MMO giant. Graphics wise it's only a small step up, but the RvR just looks sublime.

Click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about, and some of the better Closed Beta vids can be found here.

So- any of you guys interested/exited or, like me, already pre-ordered it? If so, we should start a guild or at least ensure we get to paly together; going to war is something which us DLP bretherin should do together, as a family.

2. TripticWriter

TripticWriter Groundskeeper

It sounds pretty good, but it never going to replace WoW.

But it will certainly be better in certain aspect like PvP.

I really hope that WAR will have a lot of success because Blizzard can only benefit from some competition and more importantly us player.

Sadly I don't have the money and the time to play both game and since I have put so much time in WoW I am going to stick to it.

But I am interested in the game so could you post your impression after playing it?

3. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

I was invited to try the Open-Beta with a guild I was with in WoW, but I was away in China for over a month so I had to decline >.<

From what I gather from my Guild-mates, it's got more potential the WoW had, so we will see. I got bored of WoW pretty quickly, and once you get lvl 70 all you can do is raid, which is better in WAR anyway...

The Realm vs Realm, however, just looks so... Brutal. Hundreds upon hundreds of people on each side... The only issue I can see is the Lag factor, but reports say that it's kept to a minimal so far. Some of the professions, such as the High Elf Dark Mage, will probably be nerfed on release, though, because they are way over powered.

4. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Ooo this is cool looking.

Anyone know the time commitment? I like RPGs but I also have a life. Plus, WoW bored the fuck out of me once I hit level 40 or so and realized I was doing the same shit over and over for imaginary stuff <_<.

As well, how much a month? The classes and races look pretty damn ill... if DLP starts a guild I'll certainly be tempted.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  5. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

I'm gonna start playing after work today.

6. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

Price is £8.50 a month, which would be around $17? I'm downloading the BetaClient for my HeadStart, but the damn internet at my house is so bad it's taken about 11 hours so far...

I'll end up rolling Order, but I have no idea which server I'll be on. Gizmore, which server are you on?

7. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

14.99 a month and it's supposed to be 250 hours to reach the level cap of 40. Which can either be done in pve or completely in rvr/pvp. I'll be rolling destruction on the skull throne server which an IGN guild. But haven't decided what server I'll do order on yet.

Thankfully I have tomorrow off so I can dedicate some time with my SE pre-order head start.

8. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Just remember: you really need a good PC for this game. No "oh, I have the minimum requirements, I'll just play with low details!". Forget it. If you want to see RvR with more than two dozen players you better have a high-end-monster. ;)

Oh yeah and there's a technical bug which requires some people to reinstall Windows to be able to play.

9. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

I'm a witch hunter on Kragg if anyone wants to join me. And I'll probably end up doing destruction away from the IGN guild since the guy who picked the server decided to go with skull throne by far the most populated one that has an hour long waiting list to get in.

10. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Just got it and I'm installing it now. I'll edit when I pick a server to play on.

11. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

I still can't believe they released the game here in Australia with corrupted executable files.

EA fuck yeah!

12. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Anyone playing on the european servers?

13. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

Yeah, I'm on Karak Hirn or something like that with my guild (Seltic Leaf Army). Lvl 19 Arch mage atm, and I am really loving the RvR aspect of the game.

I will second the requirement note; you will need a decent rig to run this, and a very good one to run it full detail.

Fun game, though I am wary of getting drawn too far into it; I've already wasted most of this week, and am scared it will take over my life :eek:

14. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Installing it now. I'm a little leery since the last mmorpg I played was Everquest and its fucking boring. I'll post where I'm at and character stats as they come.

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Are the requirements posted on the site minimum or recommended?

16. Boofers

Boofers Groundskeeper

Had an awesome fight last night on my server.. 40 of us order took an undefended keep in tier 2 chaos zone.. 20 mins later we had 150+ Destrution knocking on the doors.. we kept the keep doors up for about an hour before they fell.. then we fought them out of the keep lord room for another hour but they eventually overwhelmed us.. Even though we lost it was a whole lot of fun

17. Cruentus

I'm a level 6 Witch Hunter on Grimmar, think that's the name. Where is everybody else, and are we going to make a DLP guild?

18. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm actually on Grimmar as well but Im a level 8 Chaos Magus so no dice on the guild idea there for me.

19. Cruentus

Bummer....I'll just have to settle for slaughtering your heathen ass.

20. Dark-Stallion

Dark-Stallion Professor

Just had the most amazing keep siege. My guild posted well over 100 opps, and we were joined by our allies with around 70, to take the tier 2 Shadowlands Keep; there were well over 100 Destruction holding the keep, and with the MOBS we couldn't get in. We spent around half an hour just picking them of from the roof before heading south and taking the Ellysion keep. We then came back with even more opps to storm the hell out of the buggers; my healing got my the top contribution, and I managed to get a good loot rool and ended up with a golden bag- basically paid for my mount in one night. Awesome game.