1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fable 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by The Mysterious Nobody, Oct 22, 2008.

1. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

So, anyone playing it?

I plan to get it this friday and I'd like to know if anyone here's playing it and how is it.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I just picked it up and so far its great, the graphics are excellent and the gameplay is very solid. They kept essentially the same fighting systems from the original Fable but with a few changes. My only complaint with that is the spell system is a little more difficult to work with but its still easily usable if you pay attention. I'm also really enjoying the "rippling" world effect, which changes the the entire world based on what you do in one area. Even as a child if you chose to help the sheriff instead of the thieves then when you come back years later the city will be very different. It adds a lot of replayability to the game. Also the dog is awesome, just when you think that he wont be of much use to you, you see him wander off and come back carrying some monsters bloody head and you realize that you managed to pick up a fucking badass dog. All in all so far I love it but I haven't beat it yet.

3. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Definitely going to get it, however I think I need to wait until most of my exams are over or else I think there is no chance of them going well.

4. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

How many hours to finish the game? I ask because the first Fable took 8...
    Decent game, but way too short.

5. The Mysterious Nobody

I think the main quest is up to twelve hours, but if you do most side-quests and interact with the environement should take you about twenty-something hours.

At least, that's what I read.

6. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

Too many games coming out, planning to pass this over for Fallout 3.

7. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Ahem: Screw you Yanks getting the game before us when we made it ffs! Worse yet, I'm going away for a week tomorrow :mad:.

Rant over, have they patched in online co-op yet?

8. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Planning on getting it sometime soon. As soon as I get paid, actually.

9. Chaotic Harmony

Chaotic Harmony Third Year

@ Magus: They patched the online co-op, the day it released. But, it's not as good as I had hoped. You can't transfer your character into anyone else's world, only their stats. The game then forces you to choose one of six characters, Good Female, Bad Female, Neutral Female, Good Male, Bad Male, or Neutral Male. You then pick your weapons, and it gives you the worst of the class you pick.

10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Without spoiling anything, just how full of shit is the game you guys have compared to what that sack of shit Molyneux said it would be?

11. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Well, I have no idea what was said about the game, so I can't compare. But it's really more fun than I thought it would be. And I was looking forward to it. My only complaint is that you can't grow horns in this one.

12. No Earthly Clue

No Earthly Clue Third Year DLP Supporter

I just beat the game and I have to say it was great. Although, the co-op wasn't to solid and the graphics were pretty rough before they were was smoothed out. The main story made it worth the buy. Especially at the end when you make a major decision and Theresa says something interesting. In the end it was an awesome game and a great start to weeks of huge releases.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  13. Krogan

High Score:
    Yes you can grow horns, kill enough people and they'll show up pretty quick, I went on a little murdering spree in Bowerstone Old Town and started executing bitches with my pistol and I had horns within ten minutes.

14. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Nuh-uh! I killed like everyone in Bowerstone and Oakfield! And I still got no horns. Maybe it's because my character's a chick?

15. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I took The money anyone else?

I also smell a sequel...

16. No Earthly Clue

No Earthly Clue Third Year DLP Supporter

I took the family.

I do sense a sequel, or maybe some DLC. Something like the lost chapters. But there is more than enough room for a sequel.

17. The Mysterious Nobody

I took Sacrifice and remarried a prostitute. I'm such a Saint :(

As for the game itself, I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I have. Even though Molyneux once again has failed to deliver on some of his promises, this is still one amazing game.

It probably could've been so much more, at least that's the feeling I get playing it, but there are too many good things about this to make it a bad game.

I would like to point out the artstyle; not so much the character design, but the Dickens-Grimm-esque design of Albion, that makes the game beautiful and original at the same time. I don't know the rest of you, but I was getting rather tired of all the "Orcs & Elves" fantasy type, and this was a breath of fresh air in every sense, from Bowerstone to Wraithmarsch.

One thing. In Bowerstone, during the prologue, you're given the choice to give the arrest orders to the Sheriff or present them to the criminal. chose the sheriff, but I'm told Bowerstone turns out quite different if you choose the other way around. Do any of you know how it changes?

18. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

I read from a gaming website, probably IGN, that

the town becomes a center for criminals if you choose to free the bandits or whatever.

es?

19. Krogan

High Score:
    I gave them to the criminal and Bowerstone old town becomes a shit hole, there's hobo shacks, prostitutes, and thugs everywhere with no guards at all.

20. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    This game is epic!