1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Magus, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

106 tripped me out too. o_O Did you by chance run into the purple area where all the computers talked to you?

Supposedly, there's another vault where the exit moves, some really hideous mapless raider bases and a friend of mine was wandering around an area where the ghouls act extremely fucking odd.

Also, baby bombs.

xD I fucking love this game.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Vault 106 is the one where the "exit" moves. In reality the exit marker just moves, the door simply closes and the lighting changes some to make it hard as hell to see.

3. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Oh

>> By the time I finished that place, I knew the floor map well enough not to be looking at the marker. Guess I didn't even notice it.

xD Pleasantville was fun! I found the emergency terminal before even making the kid cry, and proceeded to fuck around with them anyway.

4. The Sour Kraut

The Sour Kraut Seventh Year

Got it. Love it.
    Luckily my favourite game shop always keeps some english versions under the table, cause in Germany you normally don't get the uncut version.

Story and gameplay are really cool so far. Loved the growing up part.
    The VATS is awesome. Nothing better than seeing my char blowing someones leg off in a cutscene.

I also saved Megaton. I like it there.
    I turned Burke in but shot him before he could shoot the sheriff. Now I have to break in to his house to steal his bobblehead, but that's okay. (BTW, when you start a new game, there's a bobblehead figure on your Dad's desk when you are sixteen that gives you +10 medicine).

Oh, and I tried the child at heart perk just for fun. Now every child tells me in which safe their parents keep their good stuff and what the combination is so I "can play with it too".
    Lol, for things like that I love Fallout.

5. Midknight

What is everyone running it at? I got all the sliders maxed, 4x FSAA, 15xAA, everything but shadow fade maxed, and I was running at 60 fps with Vsynch on earlier. Going to go play now and take it off and explore and see what I get.

6. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That happened to me, I just turned on VATS and then flung grenades like they were candy. I survived that encounter :D.

I also managed to get a suit in Tenpenny tower and one in megaton

7. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    I'm currently downloading it via steam. 56% so far -__-

I doubt I'll manage to play it today but when I wake up tomorrow!!!!

8. Midknight

K that result was inside Megaton. Outside, I can literally see the horizon clear as day, looking around 40 fps maxed out.

I am seeing a few things I really dont like, like how easy it is to kill Super mutants. VATS, combat shotgun, jet, I can take 3 on at point blank range without dying and I'm only lvl 7 in combat armor. Those things are supposed to be hard as hell to take out.

9. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well the Brutes and Masters are supposed to be tough yeah, but I could take out the regular ones with a Chinese officers sword and the sheriffs duster at lvl.6 on medium difficulty. I've never found killing the normal ones hard.

10. Midknight

Brutes are the ones I'm talking about, lol. I got hit with three of them and 2 normals outside of Germantown. 2 had miniguns that torn my ass up until I crippled their arms with the sniper rifle.

But hell still, the games just too uber easy on medium. The only thing to make it harder is the rate the weapons decay, and the ass high cost of repairing.

11. Twisted

Twisted Guest

I've played it for 25 hours and I completed the main Q this morning at level 18. I enjoyed EVERY MINUTE. Found an alien blaster which 63 dmg which 1hit most things though, made the finale a bit easy :p

I must say, what made me RAGE was the bit in the main Q with the simulation, I lost all my FUCKING KARMA because I didn't realise there was another way to do it and by then it was too late.

I was a bit pissed actually, as it was the only bit where there was no real way at the time to avoid losing shitloads of karma.

Also, Tenpenny towers got a bit owned by me. Got a sick reward which means I dont get attacked by ghouls lol, think of the mask in Zelda Majora's Mask which stops the zombies going for you.

Other than that, fucking SICK except for piss-poor animation. Think Oblivionesque skating.

Oh and I found that VATS is not useful when fighting supermutants. Just shoot them conventionally. Thankfully I encountered few deathclaws as those things are badass.

Oh and there is no way to get Amata to come with you at the beginning. Just so people know.

And theres something disturbing about VATs hitting someone from behind with a baseball bat and watching their head come CLEAN OFF.
    Or shooting a dog accidentally (in Lamplight) and having it explode over its owner, a small child.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  12. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

1. You can find the emergency terminal if you ask around, there's a puzzle connected to it and you can shut the whole thing down without losing karma. Not tough, but not fun! either.

2. I'm currently running it maxxed out for all visuals on a computer with specs that are way over-qualified. xD Its beautiful in every way, and you can see forever. (The run/skate is a bit annoying, but I play in FP mode so...)

3. If you're looking to make things a bit more difficult, lower your STR and END stats at the beginning in favor of other things. Gunfights become really fucking dangerous if you don't have the HP to just walk through a hail of bullets.

Deathclaws and Yao Guai are just awesome. xD

13. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

keke.

Oh man

VATS in the smiluation is AWESOME.

I mean come on guys who didn't fucking love that?

14. Twisted

Twisted Guest

Twas a bit of a stepdown for the Last, Best hope for Humanity to VATs people like that.

Was fucking funny to play that bit with a friend though, quality bit of gaming I have to say.

15. Midknight

Here's a shot from outside Megaton looking at the Capitol

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Midknight00711/Fallout%203/CapitalfromMegaton.jpg

And here's another way, a fuckload further away, you can still see the monument. it's from the road that leads to Arefu (sp)
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Midknight00711/Fallout 3/CapitalfromArefu.jpg

I got the repair mod and the 10% run speed increase running, needz moar speed. I like to explore, and I've seen the map showing that there is literally over 100 things to find, some are hidden well enough that'd you'd wander right past them, but the run speed drives me crazy

Also, The Family, I chose not to kill them, but that was an awesome bit of storytelling. I was worried that at any second I'd be fucked. I got a nice chill when I found out what they were by hacking their terminal. Great job. Now if I can only find a gas tank to make that fucking awesome sword.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Shishkebab_drawn.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  16. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Look in Rivet City and look near the mechanic shop over the vault with Pleasantville in it. That's where I found all of the motorcycle parts I needed and you will like that sword it is bad-ass. Just to let you know though Middy if you didn't like the lack of difficulty from super-mutants before, its not going to get better with the shishkebab. With a high Strength, Melee skill and a couple in the little leaguer perk I could take out Super-Mutant Masters in two power swings with the shishkebab.

17. Midknight

Figures, lol. I just want it b/c it looks cool. I looked at the Vault wiki, and there's a bike in the Super Duper mart with one, and I know where to get the blade from.

18. Twisted

Twisted Guest

Midknight I made the sword, looks like Nero's blade from DMC, very cool. Its pretty fucking nifty, and one of the strongest melee weapons. And I loved that quest as it was just so unexpected.

I feel I can say the game was just very dramatic and made me stop and think a lot. Should I kill everyone in this area? Should I sacrifice X person for X cause? It was all very ethical :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  19. Midknight

I'll have it as soon as I cbf to find a work bench, or leave where I am to go to Megaton. I saved up caps and got the Scientific theme for the house, with the lab table... which turns out to blow ass.

It makes randomly, 1 per day concoctions. So far I've gotten a dirty water, 2 stimpacks, and a purified water.

20. Twisted

Twisted Guest

I never bothered with themes, I just loved the butler and his jokes

What weapons did you spec in? Explosives and small guns for me, I used the combat shotty, chinese AK, SMG in emergencies and the minigun for anything big as well as a shitload of frags.