1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Lie I've Lived by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Boo

Boo Auror

Glad you didnt keep Hj with the Horntail

2. pontfirebird73

pontfirebird73 Third Year

serpentine like huh? maybe HJ is going to ask for the egg.

3. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Doubt it, unless all dragons can suddenly speak parseltongue.

HJ seems to have this all planned out. He's confident about facing down a dragon in pretty much any conceivable situation considering the contestants were unaware of the specifics of the task - dragons aside.

Unless the revelation that dragons speak parsel is a well known fact that he could find in the library, I'm thinking he's come up with something that's not a cheap gimmick.

But that's just me.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  4. Boo

Boo Auror

I'd gonna laugh my ass off if Hj just goes up and ask if he can have the fake egg.

5. mathiasgranger

mathiasgranger Slug Club Member

That has been done before. I tend to think Jim will be a bit more creative then the parseltongue trick...when I read the line about Dragon's being vulnerable in more than the eyes...

Well, I pictured HJ punching a female Dragon in the ovaries...amusing yes...going to happen...no.

6. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The 'serpentine' was a trap, to make it seem likely that Parseltongue will be used. It won't though.

The conversation went completely the opposite direction Harry intended lol. Good teaser.

7. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

He is obviously simply going to use a spell with a power level of over 9000 and blow the dragons head off.

8. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Is truth.

I'm looking forward to this, should be excellent.

9. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

It's a very interesting beginning. As Boo said, this is the first fanfic I've seen giving Harry a dragon other than the Hungarian Horntail. I really liked how quickly the bet spun out of his control to include 2 other people. Eagerly waiting for more.

10. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Damn you jbern!

You've made my withdrawal come back again with this teaser.

The previous chapter was enjoyable, though a tad boring, and while I'd always anticipate an update, I wasn't salivating for one this time around.

Until you went and post this teaser!

11. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

...I'm weak. I told myself not to read the teaser. I told myself that reading the teaser doesn't enhance the story. I said that it won't get the update out any faster. I reminded myself that one scene out of context won't advance the plot.
    I read it.
    It was good. Now I'm all hot for the update.

Edit: *blink* This thread is at 1671 posts.

12. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Yups. If you wanted some extra nerdy trivia, there was a point where the thread had a 1:10 post-to-view ratio. Ahem.

On topic: Nice teaser, JBern. The way you write Hat makes me wonder how much of that is part of your actual personality. - nobody can simply turn on that much "dirty old perve" for a character and not express it in real life.

13. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Heh, Hat as always, has a litle comedy, seems to not be as good as when the story first started out though. Trivial humour grows old fast? Or hat's merely saving the best material for later..

Good teaser, makes me wonder what approach HJ's going to take if he doesn't intend to fly, but won't go near the flames either.

14. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I am glad I a clicked on this thread today before I have to leave for lectures, though at the same time now this is going to be in my head until the next release.

15. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    To tease - to tantalize especially by arousing desire and curiosity... I knew it I shouldn't have read it. Now it would seem forever before the full chapter is out X(

Also wondering about the actual personality question JustBlaise rised O_0

16. TheDefiantOne

TheDefiantOne First Year

I shouldn't have read the teaser, but it looked good. Involving the others is definately relevant in something when you are simply trying to make a joke with a...friend.

Anyway, I also liked the change in dragons, it gives you more to work with and less confinement in terms of the movie and books.

My opinion, HJ is going to use some sort of misdirection and confusion, hit the dragon from all sides, some sort of smoke/fog/mist will cover him as he sneaks up on the beast and jacks the egg. With the mention of "slower on ground" it seems to me HJ will use his size and speed to maneuver, holding back on the power he has.

17. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

Quality teaser, and it looks like this will update fairly quickly after TML. Both very positive things.

18. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm really looking forward to the next chapter, Jim. The teaser is just enough to get me into the story but not enough to have the feeling of satisfaction that I usually come away with after reading your work.

19. masteraleph

masteraleph First Year

I too shouldn't have read the teaser...oops.

I keep having to try and convince myself, though, that Harry's egg isn't a portkey. I mean, you've told us this task will go horribly wrong for someone, and Harry's just thought in this teaser that Dumbledore was clever to avoid any sort of trap for him...

Alternatively, of course, the 6th person to go could get a portkey egg, if Dumbledore's strategy worked.

20. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Anyone get the feeling Athena is going to be the next Notch on HJ's holster after he saves her from the Horntail?