1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

[​IMG]

Who else has played it? I'm going to be starting it back up in a week or three, game was awesome, but buggy. There's a large unofficial fan made patch that tweaks and fixes thousands of things.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Looks pretty awsome, I might get into it.

3. Reyhkt

Reyhkt Groundskeeper

I've played it. I remember getting introduced to the game when my brother installed it a few years back (I think sometime in 2004). We bought a new computer and the CD went missing. I never played the game again until early this year when I bought a new copy.

It is pretty awesome. Though besides the bugs, there are some minor inconveniences. Like the fact that you can't reload a gun. The lines in a conversation will sometimes loop, and the combat is repetitive. Not to mention my followers can't seem to follow the most basic orders. I almost beat the game, getting up till level 45, before my stats suddenly reverted back to what they were at level 1.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Like I said, there are patches out that fix a shitload of things and make the game what it should of been. Troika went out of business not too long after the game came out, it didnt get the love it deserved.

I think I played a Half-Ogre. I remember vaguely this giant mechanical spider that liked to eat dwarves.

5. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

I remember making a pretty rocking gunslinger à la Roland Deschain... I'll go dig out my old copy now.

6. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Maybe the most epic game ever. I have played it through several times with different character types. The world in the game is really large, and there are many things to do outside the main quest.

The only bad thing in this game is the fact, that magic has an insta-kill spell. It breaks the game balance, as well as the spell 'Fireflash'. Both are WAY too good. And even simple 'Harm' is damn good with level 50 mage.

7. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I am the gunslinger... D:

8. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Old game is old, but it's true. The game is still amazing. But yes, mages are not allowed on trains. Specifically, time mages. Cast the Tempus Fugit spell even once, and it's teleporting for you.