1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fringe

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Iztiak, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Has anyone seen the series Fringe, off Fox? I've seen the first episode, and am watching the second. For those who don't know what this is, it's like a sci-fi series. Sort of. Also partially horror. I think. Anyway, I really enjoyed the first episode, and I was wondering about what some other people's opinions were. So I could see if it gets any better, or worse, or whatever.

Provided anyone has seen it, of course.

[​IMG]

Anyway, if any of ya decide to watch it, you might want to start at the beginning. Otherwise... :confused:

Also, I did a title search for this, and it didn't appear that this has been posted. If it was, my bad, feel free to delete.

2. Immolo

Immolo High Inquisitor

Wrong area, this thread should be multimedia.

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I've seen it. Couple episodes. If you msis one, your'e lost on what the hell s happening in the next episode though.

Everyone on IRC seems to think that its trying to play at being the new X-Files, and on some fronts I tend to agree.

If you've not seen X-Files though, and you want to watch a decent show about science, that has a semi-interesting plot, then watch Fringe.

I like it, its decent, and the old guy is funny sometimes.

The way they treated the old guy at the start, he was supposed to be a modernday Dr. Frankenstein, but, when he starts revealing all his tests that he did, and the strange shit that he's done, his work crew that he does all the crime solving with is like, "oh, lol, cool.. not strange, or barbaric at all... Now, how can we use this to solve this weeks case?"

4. Iztiak

Eh, in my defense, it was 5:30 am. >_>

But yeah, if anyone could toss it over there, that would work.

5. Lyndon Eye

Lyndon Eye Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I love this series!

It's more plot-driven rather than character-driven and has lots of nice motifs going on (i.e. The Watcher).

It's a lot more intellectual than most series in that there's a bigger picture that the viewer has to piece together, along with Olivia. It's really good at keeping you engaged in the plot progression.

I'd definitely recommend it. :D

6. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

Isn't the old dude Boromir's and Faramir's dad from LotR? That dude... I don't like 'im.

I think I'll go check this out, though, it sounds pretty interesting.

7. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

omfg I just realized you're right, that is Denethor :O

But that doesn't matter, he does a pretty good job acting like a crazy scientist. The series gets better with each episode, and I wouldn't really call it the next x-files. It's got a lot less horror and a lot more sci-fi.

8. Iztiak

o_O I can't believe I watched almost the entire series and didn't notice that...

But yeah, I think I can call myself a fan of this show.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Besides Supernatural, I look forward to Fringe the most these days. Late convert but an awesome show - also, bump.

10. J22

J22 Seventh Year

This needed a bump, Fringe is awesome.

I was surprised by how well they did the "musical" episode. It didn't make me want to kill myself. Much.

I like Walter being other dimension general, can't wait to see more of him. Though it was pretty obvious.

11. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I tried getting into it when it first premiered, but the lead actress is so fucking awful. My God, who did the casting for this show?

Even if I did want to try getting into it again, I watch a much better show Thursdays at 9 anyway. Supernatural.

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I DVR both and usually choose at 9 which I want to watch first. :awesome

13. Iztiak

Still an amazing show. The "musical" episode I managed to watch, even though I had to suppress the urge to close the browser every five minutes.

14. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

The musical episode was subpar tbh but the episode after that, well the ending was something else and set up the story for the 2 episode finale.

Superantural and Fringe season endings....Gonna be mind blowing i hope.......

15. Lyndon Eye

Lyndon Eye Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

<3 <3 <3 Fringe.

Can't wait for the next ep, and Peter's Choice.

16. J22

J22 Seventh Year

New episode was :awesome The beginning had a very suicide mission feel to it. I wanted to see more of the cortexifan kids though.

17. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I don't like evil!Walter :/

18. h2o

h2o Professor

Evil!Walter seems kinda cool tho... but yeah. Still rooting for crazy!Walter :)

19. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I bought the first season on DVD months ago and I daresay I wasted my fucking money. Maybe it was the manly voice of the lead actor, or the overuse of the word posit, or the utter lack of chemistry between the characters, I don't know. It wasn't helped that the -fucking terrible - lead actress seemed to be the new Sophia Coppola- nepotism at it's worst. IIRC she's the stepdaughter of Mr Murdoch himself.

Butt question to you is this: does the show improve? I trudged through an entire season and I am pretty fucking bored these days what with LOST about to end, so is the second season any good? Or have they stuck to the horrible fucking high school science of the first season.

20. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

If you didn't like Season 1 don't bother with 2 (you tasteless piece of shit :p)