1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Build me a computer for x.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Vir, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

The link I gave in the last post was serious, if you're looking to buy the most expensive PC I've ever seen (Dual Quad Core Extreme + Dual Graphics Cards standard).

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Virail, you're over complicating things. You should've just told everyone Money is no issue. Fuck the future, and its repercussions. You have 10k, what computer would you buy with it, and for whatever reason, why would you buy that computer.

All talk about thought experiments aside, and people laughing at Virail for posting a topic that seems pointless in nature, I just have to say, way to fucking not grasp the concept...

I guess it could've been made more clear, but even I got the point that if you have 10k, and you had to spend it all on a computer what would you buy...

Taure, way to be a faggot.. LOL BUY A DECENT COMPUTER, AND USE THE REST TO LIVE..

Everyone else, meh, I'll blame it all on Taure. God you're fucking stupid.

3. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Yeah welcome to 09 fagface. A 10k Mac will destroy anything you throw at it.

Mac used to be shit for gaming, its catching up quick and is already equalling some systems.

MacPro

Upgrade it to 10k and it is just as good and better than any PC. And its a mac.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You missed my point entirely. I'm not talking hardware, I'm talking Operating System. Games for Windows won't work on Macs unless you go out of your way to make them (virtual machine, dual boot) in which case you might as well have got a PC with Windows (and maybe a linux dual boot) anyway.

As for hardware, sure you can get top stuff with Apple but its hardly good value.

Plus they're Macs.

5. Erotic Adventures of S

All new Macs come with dual boot ready to use. Apple is good at being smart and know one of the main things holding them back was lack of software that ran on their OS and their OS in general.

Windows is both easy to run dual or independently on a mac right out of the box.

That and more and more games are being built to run on macs as well as anything else. Last I heard Mac saturation had hit the teens and is climbing all the time.

I have been doing a lot of research into Macs Vs other in the last month as I am buying a new laptop. From what I can see a Mac is around 11-16% more expencive than a similar speced other computer. But over all the quality is better than the majority. An Acer is about as cheap as you can get and still have quality. Thus it is cheaper, but the quality over all isnt the same even if the specs are the same.

I'd rather pay that bit more for the qulity. And its a mac.

But then again you can build your own and save like 60%.

6. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Which is bad... why? Sure, they are overpriced as hell, but from my point of view it is definitely worth it.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

What are you on about?

8. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

*Fan-boi alert*

Macs are overrated. (That's right, I said it).

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Oh wow can this not turn into a Mac versus PC thread, Yea yea we have seen a million and one of them before.

10. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I lol'd at this.

I tried out that website. If you specced it out, your 20k apparently wouldn't cut it ($28,188.90 to be exact).

Also, I'd rather spend 5 or maybe 7.5k on the rig itself, and the rest (of the 20) in equipment, displays mostly.

11. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Skykes: Since you didn't actually offer an opinion on the OP, and decided to play mini-mod, we'll talk about mac vs. PC kthxbai.

LOL @ Nuk: just because someone decided to take the minority side doesn't make him a fanboy. I don't even really understand the "fanboy" concept; if you favor one system over another, then by definition you're a fanboy of that system *shrug* maybe I'm not nerdy enough to understand the distinction.

And Erotic's not wrong...you'd be hard-pressed to find something that outperforms a $10G Mac Pro without a myriad of concerns/problems that are pretty much non-existent in the Mac. The primary difference is gaming, a gap which is narrowing or a non-issue depending on how computer savvy one is.

But this is all moot, as I'm certain that Virail will do something more worthwhile - like get a Ducati sportbike :awesome

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  12. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agreed, Macs are overrated. But, that being said they're still pretty.

13. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Matter of personal taste. I can't stand the look of them (both the look of the hardware and the OS).

14. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

15. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

LOL Oz, you greasy fuck. I guess you don't like Italians either.

I gesture like hell, but at least I don't "um,er, uh" at every instance.

16. Oz

Italians are responsible for pizza so gain immunity. :D

17. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gesturing is part of human communication. Everyone does it. It's part of good public speaking.

18. Oz

Watch that video again, Virail, and tell me how well they're communicating.

19. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I'm going to agree with my spirit brother here. He did ask you to try and persuade him to bank 7k and spend 3. He's joining the army and getting a nice bonus for doing it, he can spend it on whatever the fuck he wants. Canadian officers are very well taken care of.

Virail: I'd try to rig something awesome up with as many monitors and video cards as possible and just have this like 4 big flat screen set up. Just to be ballin'. Better yet use some of your other army to convert a room in your house into a cigar room and put your ballin' setup in there.

20. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

When you put some twat on loop to exaggerate their gesturing, then yes, you'll get people who look like illiterate fucks.