1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Lie I've Lived by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm actually kinda glad he doesn't. I like fast updates as much as the next guy, but I'm more than willing to wait for the complete, polished version.

BTW, where's your sig from? It seems familiar somehow, but I can't place it.

2. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Finally got that beast up. Youngest daughter pitching a fit and spitting up on me. Oldest daughter sick. Wife trying to study for a professional exam.

On top of that, I get to go back into work tonight to patch some VM servers.

Anyway, yes it can be assumed that Athena discharged her debt at some point.

I have my own group at AFC that serves the purpose of Works By Author.

Funny that someone here has a sister named Fleur that has the same complaints about England.

3. Ganwean

Ganwean Squib

Classic! *whipes away tear formed at his eye* Great chapter!

4. oephyx

oephyx Headmaster DLP Supporter

Yes, some good lines. The boat falling apart, and Harry doing badly were both a bit predictable. The plot is moving along nicely though.

Just a few things:

This sounds weird to me, but I'm still trying to figure out if it's actually wrong. Clearly nobody would say something like this today, but you're trying something more traditional, etiquette and all. I would go with 'mon cher', 'dear' or 'cheri' which is less formal. Not that it's really important.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

...Jbern, I'm sorry. It was a really great chapter and all... But it lacked Zazz.

6. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I enjoyed it, nothing really huge, but can't always have that.

I look forward to more, as always.

7. masteraleph

masteraleph First Year

I think the thing I was most disappointed by was the lack of the conversation in the common room. I wanted to see the chewing out/lack thereof, and then you go with "a few days later" instead....

8. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

Another decent chapter.

Are you going to have the duels next chapter? I really want to see Krum get his ass beat.

9. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Agreed.

I've always been a fan of your writing Jbern and this chapter was no different. Jon mentioned it and I also cant help but feel it was, slightly lack luster in action/interaction/thrill. Some epic one liners on the part of HJ and even McGonagall but for a chapter that covered a task it was kinda sluggish. Still one more step closer to the last task and hopefully a HJ/Voldemort interaction...there will be interaction right?

On a side note, I read your short story Existence, it was truly fantastic. Truth be told i was honestly disappointed that it wasn't longer, but still fantastic work and congrats on the publish.

10. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    ^^ can't agree more

... I nearly fell off my chair laughing!

Despite the lack of serious action, the chapter is still good methinks.

11. Freelancer

Freelancer Fourth Year

A mistake.

Anyway, a good chapter with a lot of good lines. I really enjoy it and the only bad thing about this is that now I know I will needs to wait for the next chapter.

12. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    Simply loved it.

It's official. HJ is now my favorite version of Harry Potter, even more than Harry in Turn Me Loose and Bungle.

Now that my fanboy tendencies are out of the way, good chapter. The Fleur/Harry dynamic seems to be built on a solid foundation, which in terms of romance between characters few writers bother to do.

The other little touches are nice, such as Snape getting sacked. Many other fics have Dumbledore moving Heaven and Earth to brush away Snape's transgressions. Good to see logic reigning supreme.

The Durmstrang boat going to pieces was unexpected, but fun. Krum, you fuck with the bull, you get the horns.

And Harry needs to share his spyfly information with Dumbledore and Sirius and Remus. Some rat hunting is in order.

13. Jon

If you don't start reacting to my not-so-subtle Metalocalypse references I will be forced to petition the Staff to change your name. o_o

14. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

What Metalocalypse references?

And nice sig picture, btw. Cameron and Uncle Bob both have places of honor in my heart.

15. Jon

The fact you haven't picked them up does not help your cause at all.

16. Cruzik

Cruzik Squib

Jon here is refering to ZAZZ, the word used constantly in Skwisklok. I use to hate my father, but explosion sauce changed that.^^

Nice little chapter of Lie, while not action intensive, it fit well after last chapter. I can always appreciate the Harry/Fleur relationship development

17. ayanamirei2

ayanamirei2 Squib

Thanks for the chapter, will be eagerly waiting for next installment.

18. Ganwean

Ganwean Squib

While re-reading the chapter, I had a thought...
    This nicely explains who would charm the Tri-Wizard cup into a portkey, assuming JBern heads in that direction...

19. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

My apologies Jon. I haven't watched Metalocalypse in a good long while. I actually don't watch that much TV anymore, and what I do watch I watch online.

It's a pity that Battlestar Galactica only has one more episode left in it.

20. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

This, mainly. And it's not just this chapter either. I think this would make it every chapter since the dementor incident where I just don't feel it. While it should be great, I just found the last couple of chapters meh.

Assuming of course Zazz means what I think it means. D:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009