1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Nothing but Trouble by Mister Cynical - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Cruentus, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Title: Nothing but Trouble
    Author: Mister Cynical
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humor/Adventure
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms > Naruto
    Pairing: looks like it's gonna be multiple.
    Chapters: 36
    Words: 102,018
    Updated: Feb 15, 2015
    Published: Apr 18, 2009

Summary: The Chunin Exams have come back to Konoha and the Hokage has decided to recall all her ninjas, including one Naruto Uzumaki. Too bad she doesn't know that she'd probably be better off without him.

Linksuss sets out on his journey of exile.

Some of you might be aware of Cynical's work in the Evangelion section, he also has one in Love Hina, he focuses mainly on comedy, but has been trying his hand at romance in an effort to broaden his horizons, his stories are good for a light read, and he updates something every Friday, barring being held up. He also happens to have a lot of finished stories to his name.

Anyway this is his first stab at a new fandom in a while and in my opinion in was a great first chapter, if you read his works often you know what to expect as most of his main characters follow a central trait then branch out from there.

Hope you enjoy!

Checked by Minion, February 15, 2015
    The story is complete, but the author might add further omakes and deleted scenes.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Not funny, not interesting, only one chapter, I see no reason to rec this fic other than the fact that you're a fan of the author.

As I've never heard of them before, I want the time I wasted reading that crap back.

3. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Mister Cynical virtually writes the same damn story every time. Shinji (or Naruto) becomes a total badass, sleeps with women, and generally kicks ass while his romantic interest has a 70% chance of dying.

Canon characterization does not exist. OC's pop up everywhere.

That said, his stories are generally entertaining for a single read-through. I personally am happy to read his stories once, then never look back.

2/5-3/5 (based on a model of reading all his stories and realizing that they are virtually all the same. This one will probably resemble the one where Shinji went by the name Spades. This is pure speculation, but I'm betting that Tsunade will take the role of Misato.)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

LOL, isn't this is the author who threatened to beat Sree's ass if he ever met him IRL in one of his story chapter AN's?

5. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Posting to say how much I love your avatar.

*Goes to re watch his Loony Tunes collection*

6. confucius

confucius Second Year

Yea, i normally enjoy his work in evangelion. This one doesn't seem to catch my attention as his cyborgs/vampires/zombies in space/africa/sea stuff. One chapter so far, not much to comment on. I s'pose if I hadn't already read his two-shots I'd find this more interesting.

7. Cruentus

Ya he dosn't like DLP, we didn't leave a good impression when we tore into that one chick with all the luzy pics, as far as I know it has nothing to do with flames or dislike of his writing and more to do with DLP attitude in general.

8. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

So 6 years later and at the end of the latest chapter he posts:

Wtf did you guys do to him to make him hold a 6 year grudge? o_o

9. Cruentus

Way back when DLP was full of young assholes, as opposed to the old crotchety assholes of today, and the introduction section was alive and kicking. Sport was made from hazing noobs who couldn't follow the intro thread instructions. At the height of it this one girl came in and got completely blasted with almost no mercy shown. If you go back through the Author Notes in Nothing but Trouble he mentions seeing it happen and being disgusted with it.

Though the fact he's still holding onto that is kinda sad.

Last edited: May 18, 2015