1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Awaken Sleeper by Water Mage - T - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Memory King, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Considering the Summer lady has to carry a heir, fuck you for bringing the possibilty of mpreg into this story. :D

2. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Yes I know, she is behind it, but she seemed less evil than Lea, or at least just plain nicer. If you had to pick one Fae to end up with, it would either boil down to her or Lily. Lea has her moments, but the majority of the time she is trying to enslave you or get you brutally tortured.

God I hat mpreg so much.

3. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Well, that's because she's part of the Summer Court. They seem like the nicer side, but they are just as vicious as the Winter. Only Winter is much more open about it.

Aurora is no different than Maeve or Mab or Lea, but being a Summer Fae she hides it behind smiles and false compassion.

4. My.pie

My.pie First Year

I was a little surprised he got taken down by the vampires. Even more surprised when he realized she wasn't going to help before the fight started. It's unpredictable and shows Harry's mortality, despite his vast powers.

Just a question, Harry isn't in the same level as Voldemort or Dumbledore, correct?

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Was Lily Aurora's daughter? No. Clearly the mantle of Summer Lady can be passed on in ways other than biological.

With regards to the vampires, I'm fairly satisfied in the explanation of it being an off day for Harry. It's realistic. Not even Mad Eye could practice Constant Vigilance 24/7. Plus he would have been unsettled by Aurora's presence.

6. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

He should have been able to take care of the 2 vampires, but if he did that easily then we wouldn't get a chance to see some Wife x Husband interaction when Aurora helped him out and healed him would we?

It is sometimes not about constant vigilance, its about oportunties to build relations between characters, I for one am glad to see some development between the two despite how odd the fight scene was.

You know it was whack when he couldn't fight off 2 vamps, but it was made up for by Aurora's gentle touch, I guess.

7. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm really liking how Water Mage isn't making Harry to be some invincible mage. It's nice seeing him fuck up now and then, especially with the Vampires.

As to the interaction with James, it was perfect. It makes sense how after spending his childhood wishing for his parents, to be given a version of his father that utterly rejects him is something that he is ill-equipped to handle emotionally. It just furthers the humanity of Harry, which is somewhat ironic considering he's binding himself further to Summer.

Excellent chapter.

8. My.pie

My.pie First Year

You know, every time i think of Aurora i keep picturing her looking like Magen Fox lol

Anyway, i loved the scene with the conversation between the winter and the transportation that is eerily smiler to a phoenix method of travel was aswome. The interaction between James and Harry seemed a bit random but extremely well done.

And i get this sudden feeling Winter and Summer is getting duped. oh the irony...

9. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

My interpretation was the only reason Lily became the Summer Lady was because she had the Summer Knights power forced into her by Aurora. It seemed to me from explanations in Dresden Files about how Mab is going insane from having too much power without being able to pawn it off to a Winter Knight that the power of a Fae Knight is actually just the excess power of the Fae Queens sorta like a container to stop the Fae Queens from going insane from too much power. So the Summer Knights power which was inside Lily was actually just excess Summer Queens power so when the Summer Lady died it saw the power of the Summer Queens inside Lily and believed her to be the closest Summer Queen.

Since Harry and Aurora swapped essences and some magic power that means Harry if he is closest would be considered a vessel of Summer Queens power since he has some of Aurora's Summer Fae Power in him.

Also I think Aurora is evil did you guys notice how she sent the Final Frost to the Winter Queen when Harry and Elaine were at Artics Tor or whatever it's called.

10. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Spanner in you theory: Butcher has indicated that Mab has been injured by an outside party.

11. Garlak

Garlak Fifth Year

My guess is Aurora did that to force Harry to use more of the Summer's Fire.

On the other hand, maybe it wasn't Aurora who sent it? For all we know Talos or some other Sidhe Lord sent it. Aurora did announce that she had killed the Final Frost...

12. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Or Aurora didn't want them learning to much from Mab, in case they were able to trace the plot back to her.

13. My.pie

My.pie First Year

I may have taken a direction on the wrong path but I think this little plot is a bit more deeper then it seems. It all began with the murder of the knight. The summer suspects the winter. The winter denies this. The death of Frosty. The day the gift of Frosty was received, Harry and Elaine was also there.

Seems too much of a coincidences.

A war is brewing between Summer and Winter and it all started with the death of the Knight and the stolen powers. And after the death of Frosty...

It was never explained what happened to the body of Frosty and Aurora treasures Harry far too much at the moment to do something stupid as sending the head of Frosty to Mab as a gift. Knowing doing something like that would only get Harry and Elaine killed since there in the enemy's territory. (and the only reason they escaped was pure luck) The time was too damn perfect. They wanted Harry to be killed because he is considered a threat to them. And "they" i mean a possible third party who orchestrated this entire event up to this point.

Winter and Summer is getting duped...damn, karma is a bitch. Ironic too.

14. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

There are two other options I can think of to explain the whole incident.

One involves Titania trying to kill Harry. This one's pretty weak, as I can't think of a reason for Titania to do so, or why she would want Elaine dead as well.

The other is Aurora and her emotions. We've somewhat decided that she now has human emotions, right? So why not jealousy? Elaine knows her man spends lots of time with Elaine, one of the only ties he has besides her in this universe. She also knows that Harry would be able to get out, with his Summer Fire. Elaine, she wanted dead, but not in a way that could be linked to her. Also a weak theory, but one that hasn't been discussed yet.

15. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

That would be a bit too risky way for her to inhibit the investigation, don't you think? This is, of course, assuming that she doesn't want Harry to die.

What I find interesting is that Aurora obviously cares of what her fellow High Sidhe think of Harry. Her plan in canon would result in Summer being destroyed and thus making their opinion of Harry's status irrelevant. Is she actually planning for Summer to win this time? Or is someone else behind the disturbance?

16. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

You have to wonder if the little ball of wizarding power maybe blocked or helped Auror fight off the 'influence' that the Black Council put on her. At least, that was the impression I always got when thinking of why Aurora did what she did. I'm also curious to see the ramifications of two similar sources of wizarding power clashing with each other. In DH, Voldemort and Harry's magic were so similar or so connected that freaky things happened. Could it be the same here?

Awesome update, man.

17. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I think Aurora and Harry are going to remain allies (though careful allies) for a while longer still.

I predict either

(A) They learn to genuinely care for each other but Aurora is killed.

or

(B) Aurora betrays Harry to serve her own ends and becomes, if not the, a major villain.

Call me sappy but I quite like the first.

18. My.pie

My.pie First Year

I am also inclined to agree with you on the former. I have a soft spot for bad girl/good boy kind of relationship. I actually prefer Harry as canon if he gets into a relationship with a slytherin chick.

Anyhow, I never read Dresden Files so much of my theory is probebly wrong since i never considered the canon version until Shezza brought it up. Something I overlooked unfortunately.

19. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

There is no proof whatsoever that the Black Council was involved. Just because Dresden thought so doesn't make it true.

20. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Technically, the fact that they've been behind just about everything counts as proof. Just saying.