1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Dark Belra, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Awesome, I'm already drooling in anticipation. Good to see they won't pull a Revan on us like they did with Kotor 2. That was my biggest concern.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The whole KOTOR 2 storyline made no fucking sense to me. This awesome character just bails and you get a gimpy old lady who's really uber supposedly, blah blah. Just couldn't get into it at all. I liked the game, but the storyline was forgettable as hell to me.

3. Matian

I think that under all of the confusion, Obsidian was trying to teach us who Revan is through getting to know the various characters and what the Force is (other than midichlorians) even more so how dark the galaxy had become after Revan's disappearance.

But yeah, the game was bugged as hell and the enjoyment factor definitely suffered. I remember finishing the game and thinking: Oh yeah? Well fuck you too, Obsidian! Because that was perhaps the worst ending to a game with so great a potential I've ever seen. Why Lucas-arts would ever change developer from Bioware to Obsidian I'll never know.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  4. SKsniper128

SKsniper128 Fifth Year

You mean from Bioware to Obsidian right? 'Cause Kotor was a great game, the second just sucked.

-SK

5. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

KOTOR: The Sith Lords had MASSIVE chunks missing from it.

Hell even the people running the shots said that they wanted more time.

Other than that I really enjoyed it. I found the extra options to be fairly awesome.

6. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

True.

True.

My sentiments exactly. I know it had bugs up the arse, but that doesn't stop it from being one of my favourite RPG's of all time. Despite Kreia admittedly being fairly annoying I loved the storyline and the extremely dark atmosphere. This could have easily been the "dark second act in the trilogy" of KOTOR as ME2 is to ME, if only Lucasarts hadn't fucked Obsidian over and forced them to release the game too early.

I don't fault Obsidian, if it wasn't for Lucasarts KOTOR 2 would have probably been a far better game and a 3rd single-player instalment could have been released.

If you want to see some hint of the games potential look at the videos made by the Sith Lords Restoration Project.

7. Midknight

Those cock suckers at Team Gizka have been promising it's almost done for 4 years.

By the time they get done, the game will be so dated and graphically horrible compared to current stuff, no one will want to play the damned thing, lol.

8. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Agree with middy on Team Gizka. I have gotten to the point where I could care less about their project.

---

I just hope that I can play Mass Effect 2 without having to rollback to the 169 series of nvidia drivers >_>

9. Matian

Haven't it been a year since they've updated? I remember the last think I saw them do was working on how to get the characters to lean against walls. Who the fuck cares about a character that can lean against a wall? They did so in Mass Effect and funnily enough it didn't really hold my attention for that long...

10. Midknight

It's been held up for a bergillion different reasons, many of them so small and so rare that you could simply release a memo saying DON"T DO THAT, and save themselves the time.

11. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Mmm, you do know 1.08b was leaked? Most of the restoration mod is finished, and the torrent for it is still active (it only has one seed though lol). Guess who's getting it right now?

12. Midknight

13. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

Supposedly you get death endings. If this is true that would rock. There's supposedly a "bloodbath" ending in which either near the beginning or end of the game you and your crew die when the ship explodes if you make stupid decisions.

14. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

For the most part, sounds like a good idea, but it strikes me as a way to limit your experience, as if the developers were saying to us "No, there's only one way to play it correctly and if you do it that way, your sheppard gets to live", limiting the feeling of control we had over the story and somewhat making us more concerned about following the right path. After all, why would I want to lose the character I've been building during two games?

15. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

Eh I think its more of a: You made an immensely retarded decision. Here's your death ending now reload and not make the same mistake. There's rumors you might start of as another character after your death but I doubt it. Shepard is the show no bobble head newb is going to replace him/her.

I don't think it would limit your experience if the death endings make sense. Like sparing someone who obviously wants to assassinate you and not leaving an exploding ship and what not.

16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Someone's never played Metal Gear Solid 2.

17. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

I think Bioware knows better than to repeat the scrappy mess with lame ass Raiden. If they do they'd have to do a damn level up in badass and that would just be annoying.

I still don't like Raiden. Though I lol'd at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPgDIWxgOYA

18. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

New Post E3 Plot reveal. Warning, contains major spoilers for one of the possible endings of ME2. But its also fucking awesome.

This reminds me of how bad I was jonesing for the first Mass Effect two years ago after seeing the final E3 trailer. Excpt this time I've got to wait until next year... Damn!

The introduction of the "Pull" power seems to be the final step in removing the difference between the force and dark energy manipulating biotics. All we need now is "Biotic Persuade."

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Micro blackholes in the reasoning/pleasure centers of the brain?

That said, watched the trailer. Freaking epic. Seriously what I imagined the original was going to be.
    If you get one of the endings where Shepherd dies
    do you think you'll be able to carry you're files over to MS3 or will you just get a 'thanks for playing'?

20. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Apparently you can carry over but play as a different character. I'm not sure I'd be able to make it throughout that ending without a humiliating emotional response.

Also,
    :awesome.Or just a blackhole in the brain, that would be pretty good as well. They could get rid of Stasis, as that was the only pointless biotic power in the first game.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009