1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

FanFiction.Net Extender Plugin for Firefox [MUST HAVE]

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Antivash, Jul 21, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Update that should fix the problem.

If the link doesn't work, save it to disk and then open it with Firefox.

2. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Ah-ha! 9.1 worked like a charm the first time.

Jangel, this is epic win!

3. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

seems to be working I tried on both Vista and 7 and works like a charm! thanks for this!

4. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Excellent! Updating to 0.9.1 did the trick. 0.9 never popped any errors into the error console.

5. pdo91

Hmmm. Is there a way to reset everything to Not Ignore? I got a little too vigorous with my experimentation and blocked some good fics, but I can't find them to change the setting back.

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Boo-yah. Works.

7. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Nice. Since this new update is working for me I've been going to all Slash C2s and ignoring everything in sight.

8. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Yeah, 9.1 got it working for me as well.

9. Dareycow

Dareycow Fifth Year

If you don't mind ignoring everything again just delete then install the Add-On again. Should work.

10. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Seconded. This sounds incredibly useful, especially given that my recent searches for new fiction with Harry as a main character results in more Harry/Draco than anything else...

11. pdo91

That's the first thing I did. Apparently it keeps the settings even after it's gone. Or am I just being dumb and not doing it right?

12. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Reinstalling the extension doesn't remove the ignore list. There'll be a way to manage ignored fics in the next version.

Also, an Opera version is highly unlikely.

13. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

The ability to ignore Draco/Harry fics with the click of a mouse is great. On the other hand, I'll be clinically depressed until Tab Mix Plus is updated for compatibility with 3.5.*. :(

I did notice that the Ignore All/None buttons and the radio buttons have a tendency to not show up unless I'm focused on that tab when the page loads, so no skipping around viewing other tabs while the page loads (Hey, on my dial up, that can sometimes be a little while).

This is something that should have been made a long time ago and I salute you. I think you get a distinguished service medal for this or something.

Nothing like loading up FFN and noticing that the first story is #2, and that whatever #1 was, it was crap and a time wasting disaster has been averted.

The next one is a HP/Twilight slash crossover? Eat my dick! What's this, a Cedric/OC story? Do I give a damn about who that overrated Hufflepuff is dating when he should be fertilizing the daisies? Fuck no, it's the ignore button for both of you!

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: Huge success. It's hard to overstate my satisfaction. :D

14. Dareycow

Dareycow Fifth Year

I went to ignore all Harry/Draco, any word count any rating. 944 pages worth of ignore. Fuck that, only did all fics above 60k words+ :p

Is anyone else getting the 9.1 update all the time? Mine pops up every time I restart the computer and open up firefox again. Is it something my computer is doing, or are other people getting it aswell? It only takes a second to update, but would be nice to fix. :D

15. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Jangel fixed that one yesterday, it was 9.1 still called 9 so it thought there was an update, but there wasn't one.

16. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

*sways*

Apeture Science: We do what we must because we can, for the best of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

17. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

If I could give you a cookie, I would. This is one of those things that I never knew I always needed.

18. jts360

jts360 Second Year

I sense that several others want option Ignore all slash

Suggests to cover ears from the echoing storm of mouse clicking that rocks the world once the release of such a feature.

Granted fanfiction already has features in its search for filtering out words and is rather packed with other features. But in its listings it sadly lacks a feature to show only straight/femslash/slash, would be a great feature for that site to have.

19. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

This is why PatronusCharm exists. But I digress, Jangel has said that he'll be putting in a customizable filter in the next version.

20. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Whatever pairing you don't want, you just put into the filter, search, and then press "ignore all". No more problems with slash. :D

Not open for further replies.