1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW accounts

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Way ahead of you bro.

2. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I used to play WOW back in... hmm I think it was 2003-2004~ maybe the beginning of 2005 (I never saw the first expansion pack at any rate). It was a blast for the time I played it, but since I got back into playing WC3 I visited wowiki just to check up how the game's progressed since I left.

I'm actually really disappointed. All those world events Blizzard promised... they're pretty awful. I mean the story. Kael was turned into an insane jerk, Illidan is boring, and space ships? Really? And killing Kil'Jaedan? I mean, Blizzard pissed me off in WC3 when they killed off Grom and Cenarius, but then the whole storyline just goes out of control. Here I'm reading now that Zul'Jin is an undead zombie with only one arm and he's a boss in Medivh's tower? Wut? And that you can do an instance where the boss is Archimonde who doesn't die from wisp zerg? I was excited when I read that Blizzard had big plans for Greymane since they weren't even mentioned since WC2 and now I read 'lol we had awesome stuff planned but we forgot about it'. And why are the bloodelves allied with the horde? That's basically an impossible alliance (quel elves fought trolls in a bloody war, then they fought orcs in a bloody war, then they lost their capital to the undead).

And where are the hero classes? Those were promised like during the second year of release (and then the FIRST expansion pack). And wtf? Everyone can become a death knight? That's beyond my suspension of disbelief.

Blizzard dropped the ball I think – sure it was a fun game when I played it, but they just didn't plan anything long-term. Shit's a mess. Did they even consider the story?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  3. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Most players don't care about the story, at all. And Death Knight isn't the first of the hero classes, its the 2nd, pr maybe the 3rd depending on how you see things. I see mage and paladin as hero classes. What other hero classes can they add, while staying with horde/alliance? Maybe ading some of the heroes from netural tavern, but that means adding a new race also.

I really dont see where WoW is going from here, what extra content cant they add?
    They could add a new continent I guess..

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well it's rumored that the next expansion will be the maelstorm in the middle.

There's also a hell of a lot of speculation that the next two races will be Goblins and Worgen. This comes from someone who went data mining and found Goblin and Worgen halloween masks in the files.

5. Skykes

Interesting, both would be pretty fun to play, any ideas about classes?
    Maybe Goblin Tinker, or Goblin Alchemist from wc3...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  6. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

If maelstrom is the next expansion wouldnt it make more sense to have the Naga as one of the races?

7. Lokesin

Lokesin Slug Club Member

Illidan -- One of the best fights I had the fortune of doing back during BC. I don't really see how that was boring. Outside of the instance, perhaps. They improved their villain tie-ins with WOTLK.

Kil'jaeden -- I'm fairly sure he wasn't killed, rather, prevented from being summoned fully to Azeroth. Ritual interrupted, or some such. I'd expect to see something with him again in the future.

Zul'jin -- I don't even KNOW where you got this from. He's missing an arm, he's NOT undead, and he has four shamanistic forms in Zul'Aman, of which he is the last boss.

Archimonde -- In a Caverns of Time instance, which, in short, is an instance style wherein you work with the Bronze Dragonflight through use of illusions to maintain the timeline to the way it went. The wisps DO come out during the fight, and are a huge benefit at that point.

Blood Elves are allied with the horde largely because the alliance basically took a crap on them (sabotage, outright invasion, as well as that one commander who decided to get them killed in droves when they were allied) while the horde was willing to work with them through Sylvanas. Essentially, taking what they can get. Also: Attacked by the undead, not the forsaken. There IS a difference.

Hero classes are being worked on, slowly. I'd rather them take their time with it and figure out how to do it right (they've managed to bring death knights in line from how things went on their release).

A lot more effort has been put in recently to flesh out lore and story elements in the game with the most recent expansion, and I find myself satisfied with it for now.

I think you're not giving enough credence to just how much time and effort it takes to build and balance a game this big Chime, and relying too much on hearsay.

8. Rehio

High Score:
    Yeah, Blizzard takes absolutely forever to get things done, but when they release it, it's right. I know a lot of people seem to hate Blizzard and everything, but I honestly trust them to release a good game. That's probably cause I've been playing Blizzard games since I was seven or eight, though.

9. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not always, but generally, yeah every time they add something new, it's done well. The majority, at least, is added in well. There are some things they do that just make me scratch my head and wonder.

10. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

Well, i play WoW very casualy now days. Used to play fairly hardcore during vanilla and TBC.

Some time after Black temple was released all the experienced staff at Blizzard begun working on their next MMO. After that more and more of the previously senior wow staff have dropped of and the people we see developing the game today is actually a bunch of greenies.

The Warcraft lore is dead with WoW and if we just get one or two expansions more there won´t be any ancient monsters left. This leads me to believe that Blizzard truly is going to close the Warcraft series after wow.

11. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I stopped after BT as well, and now it looks like their making it easier to ninja, etc., as well as easier in general. Soon it'll be like Diablo 2, since their probably focusing on Diablo 3 now.

12. Skykes

Bullshit.

Think about it. Wow is their Golden goose, they are going to look after it and make sure it does not die.

Diablo 3 will earn them a lot of money: Yes, but once people buy the game, its not subsciption like wow is.

13. Erotic Adventures of S

So what do we all think of the new expansion pack announced at Blizcon?

I think it's a good move on their part as the original contect of Wow is 5 years old now and everyone is bored of it. This will give new life to the original game.

14. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think it will be pretty damn cool from what Ive seen, the idea of changing the entire world is an interesting concept. I don't know if you guys have seen it but they have an official trailer up on Blizzards website. Lots of cool stuff so far, I like the new races that they have, I was expecting Goblins for a while now but definitely not expecting the Worgen for the Alliance. The back-story for them looks interesting, it sounds very Van Hellsing. Lets see what else? Oh right the new profession Archaeology might be pretty fun, I wonder what it will do though. I'm pretty psyched to see what they do with this concept of an entirely changed world which I'm figuring will be a phased concept like they did in the Death Knight intro quests and a couple of other places. All in all I'm fairly excited for this, it was a good move making use of the Maelstrom in the middle of the ocean. However I'm wondering if this is going to be the last one because without entirely making up new things, they are running out of material for expansions fairly quick.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  15. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

I cant say Im not interested but Im still leery. I burned through Lich King in about 3 months and then quit. Im probably gonna play Aion now, but if I have the income when Cataclysm comes out, I'll probably check it out.

16. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Games going to the fucking casuals. I miss sunwell.

Yeah, thats coming from an extremely elitist viewpoint, heh.

I honestly... am not sure whether or not I will buy it. It fully depends on my workload at uni next year. Chances are I will skip it though, having already quit for 2 months+.

17. Erotic Adventures of S

It wont be phased. After patch 4.0 everyone will see the world the same way forever, no way to see old Azeroth.

I was expecting Worgen way back in BC, made a hell of a lot more sence than Drenai or how ever you spell those squid/goat things. BC was just retarded and is what made me quit WoW.

Goblins I didnt expect due to them being so common in WoW and a neutral race. Naga would have made more sence.

After this expansion the only big baddies they have left the Naga queen under the ocean who is supposed to be uber powerful. And then maybe fighting Sargeras lord of the Burning Legion, or maybe fight Kil'Jaden again at full power.

They could also do mini expansions with things like the emerald dream ect.

They have said from the start they plan to do 5-6 and bring the lvl cap upto 100 eventually.

18. Rehio

High Score:
    Cataclysm looks interesting. It'll provide a wonderful opportunity for me to go Worgen hunting. I don't care if I have to camp outside their phase area for days, I'm going to kill as many as I can.

Worgen and Troll Druids annoy the hell out of me.

Anyway. Anyone else enjoying the Trial of the Crusader instance? I know a lot of people have complaints about it, but I just can't bring myself to hate a raid with no trash and fun boss fights. Currently in my guild's Heroic 25 man group and we're having some difficulty getting through the Twins, but we'll be running again tonight, so that may change.

I like the "Attempts Left" feature, it's interesting.

Up to 5500-6000 DPS. Not as great as the similarly geared pure damage classes (and the two kitties in my guild still kick everyone's asses), but it's pretty decent for a Boomkin, I think.

19. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

It's funny, because when Worgen were first introduced, all the Horder (including me) were qqing about the alliance. Then, how the Horde started to hype the Goblins up (punt a gnome, receive a smile. punt a gnome, lose a leg), everyone started to hate the Worgens.

I think Cataclysm has everyone on there toes, with certain classes being accessible to certain races, the revamping of Azeroth, Hyjal, introduction of Malfurion and Gilneas as a BG, Blizz really went over there heads with this one.

20. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Really it will be permanent? Huh go figure, I still remember vanilla WoW, this will be interesting.

Also I agree personally although I play Alliance I would have happily made the switch for Naga but I have to be honest the Worgen look pretty damn cool so Im more than likely going to stay especially considering how irritating Goblins are. Like I said The Worgen opener looks very Van Hellsing so Ill give them a shot if for nothing else than that.

Last, really all the way to 100? I hadn't heard that before, very cool, I wonder how they're going to pull it off.