1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by The Mysterious Nobody, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Damn it all.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Anyone have a good plot for a Batman/Ivy/Harley fic? Trying to learn the backstory and the continuity of any comic franchise is like wading into a quagmire. There's at most a dozen worthwhile Batman fics. I'm not at all surprised by the shortage.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5349453/1/The_Princess_and_the_Bat

This one's kinda good.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Batman/Ivy/Harley probably wouldn't work unless it was during Harley's stint away from the Joker when she and Ivy worked together, and then it would probably be Ivy using plant mojo to monkey with his mind.

By all logical thought patterns, Harley would only leave Joker if he was dead, and this I oppose greatly.

Of course, objectively, it could make a good character piece. Someone finally decides enough is enough, and they put Joker down for good, based on the Trickster quote from Underworld Unleashed; "When super-villains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories."

Harley goes berserk and tries to pound the creep into human putty, Batman comes up. you get the set up.

Yeah. Giving Grant Morrison control was bad for the series. While I give him a lot of credit for more use of the al Ghul family, and Talia specifically, but for the most part, Morrison has been a bane upon the fandom.

Color me skeptical. :|

I'll give it a try, however.

Yeah. :| I'm more for Ivy/Batman myself as well. Quin would never believably leave the Joker long enough for it to be anything more than a "rebelling teen" moment or a set up.

4. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

You'd be surprised at the amount of Harley/Ivy there is around. Most of it's fluff to the max, though, so if that ain't your bag you're screwed.

5. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Finished the game today, will go back and collect riddler trophies and spirit of arkham logs, Titan!Joker taking the batpunch was an awesome part of the last cutscene.

If we get to see a sequel in Gotham I'll be damn happy; keys to the batmobile please. :awesome

6. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Sorry, I mean Batman/Ivy or Batman/Harley.

One idea is that Harley might be interested in Batman due to her obsession with Joker - who always calls Batman the other side of the same coin, with the tragedy and comedy quote. So after the Joker kicks it, she transfers her fixation to the Batman, who just has a different kind of glamour than the Joker.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  7. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

In regards to the game, the fact that someone got 12 million points on the Crazy Night's DLC still blows my mind. I can not believe someone seriously got that high of a score. The best I can do is 250,000 and it takes like 20 minutes.

8. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Dude, wtf, my record is something like 12,000 on crazy night.

But I haven't tried it with the armoured suit yet, so :awesome

9. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to find out the total number of people who are ranked on the batman challenges, specifically the totally insane challenge map. I know my own rank, my friends, and the top 100, but I was hoping to find out a total to compare to.

10. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

$7.50 on Steam. If your computer can run it there's no excuse to not get it if you haven't already.

11. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How well does it play on the computer? I have it for Xbox, but I didn't bring it with me to college and I've gotten the urge to play this again.

Also, if it is good, are there any worthwhile mods for it?

12. Darje

Darje Groundskeeper

Thanks for the heads up! I can play it on the PS3 when I go visit my parents, but having a copy of my own (and at such a price) is too good to pass up. :awesome

13. Tehan

It plays damn well on computer and has better graphics (if your machine can handle it), but there's not really any mods apart from various reskins.

14. Tehan

If you missed it last time, it's $7.50 again on Steam, for today only.

15. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

This is not on the front page! WTF?

I had to go digging around the genre's before i found it. If i didnt see it here i wouldnt have known at all so thanks!

EDIT: Its there, was scrolling too fast in my haste to get it

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011