1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I enjoyed the update and look forward to more. Kira I find to be slightly irritating but well written, so I expect to start enjoying reading her more when she shows up again. I must admit I was somewhat surprised to see that Krum as you've written him had a girlfriend after the discussion about how lonely, etc. he might have been causing him to fall so hard for Hermione. It works though.

One minor nitpick...

I'm reasonably sure that fidget has a "d" in it.

2. Stormey

Stormey Groundskeeper

What I am trying to say is, why will the age line be fake?
    What reason does Dumbeldore have to fake the age line when he can just draw one that works.

3. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Finally got around to reading this. Its not bad at all but I dont really think its my cup of tea. Its a decent read, but I cant seem to get into it. Ill probably keep up with it though.

4. greywizard-dumblemort

greywizard-dumblemort Fourth Year

Exactly. That answers the question that was raised in the first place; why the ageline?

True, so ageline or no he still has a chance of being in the tournament (which seems to be what people generally want).

Hopefully this ageline discussion's over. I'm dying for an update, any word on the next chapter?

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think you've misunderstood something somewhere along the line. The idea was that Dumbledore drew a completely working age line around the Goblet then hired the Weasley twins to try and get past it, thereby showing the students that if even the most creative thinkers can't get through it, they probably couldn't either. No faking the age line whatsoever, just adding a bit of theatrics to push the message home.

6. Stormey

Stormey Groundskeeper

Sry then, my bad.
    When I read
    I assumed he meant the age line was a fake not the incident.

7. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Just updated on FF.net. Also, I should have something to post in the WBA for chapter 5 within the next few days.

8. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'll read and review soon, I promise, but I like it so far.

9. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

Thanks for telling, I didn't get an email alert.

10. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

-Snickers-

Yup, that will do quite nicely. Keep it up, your certainly earning your four star at the moment.

11. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

12. MonCappy

MonCappy Fifth Year

Heh. I just thought of something. After reading the story in its entirety and the establishment of a friendship between Harry and Krum, it would be interesting if Harry was taken as what Krum would miss most.

13. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

Ha - well, that was cute; I lawled. Perhaps a little too cute, in fact. IMO you should avoid making such thinly-disguised references too often; it was so blatant that it actually took me out of the story, and put a bit of a dent in the flow that you seek.

14. Falcoren

Falcoren Squib

Liked your update caught a few mistakes here and there but this is one of the bigger ones. As the reader here finds out the name of the girl before Harry does.

Sonnets of a Sorcerer was written by a rather vengeful Irish wizard in the 1600s. He cursed every copy he made so that if you read the book, you are forever forced to speak in limericks,” Calypso commented. “But, by all means, go ahead and read it if you want.”

Harry quickly put the book back on the shelf. “Thanks for telling me. Umm, you're in my spell creation class, right?”

The girl nodded distractedly. “My name is Calypso,

15. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

It was alright. Good introduction to chapter five.

16. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think you should keep the Polanski thing - I didn't even think about it until I read blazzano's comment after the fact. Pretty nifty.

17. The Santi

The Santi Professor

I made the change originally, but I lost that version of the file. There were several other mistakes that both I and my beta missed, including a screw up where I wrote that Durmstrang was in Norway and in the next sentence Harry asked why he was in Finland. I've been going back and trying to make the changes in FF.net document manager as the errors are brought to my attention.

As far as the name Shluga, I talked with my original beta, and we did decide upon Shluga; however, neither of us can remember why exactly.

For the moment, I'm sticking with it just in case there is a reason behind the name that I've forgotten. It might still end up being changed, but the character isn't German. Originally, I included a line in the story about her being Norwegian, but, again, the name doesn't really work for that nationality either. It really is a bit of a mystery, even to me, at this point, but, as I said, I'm not going to change it right now just in case I discover what the reason behind naming her that was.

18. The Santi

The Santi Professor

In this case, I'm probably going to leave it, even at the risk of distracting the reader. I'm not a Polanski fan --although Rosemary's baby was awesome-- and outside of bashing him in the comments section on the economist or in my Politics of Europe class, this is my best forum to let loose some thinly-veiled Polanski hate.

Edit: Also, like Averis, I doubt everyone will initially recognize the name and the slight irony of the character's circumstances.

19. Lukaskr

Lukaskr Fourth Year

Random girl, puts him in a disadvantage, demands a potentially dangerous favour and he thinks everything is nice and dandy?

Considering his intelligence, doesn't he realize that she may be one of the people that had something to do with the attack on him? He already knows that she is advanced in dark arts, and took interest to him.

Harry deserves to get hurt for his foolishness.

20. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

He's smart, but he's still eleven. On top of that, I don't believe he'd have half of the jaded views he might have had growing up with the Dursleys. His momentary pause wasn't as sufficient as it could be, but I like to think he overlooked the danger for the potential knowledge the book held - which was indeed foolish.

Not open for further replies.