1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Kang, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Could not get into a single decent game of CoD:4 today. Fagets are all too busy with this. ;_;

2. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Mate, I seriously cannot take anything you say seriously when you have that sig. I just start giggling childishly. :3

Y'know what sucks?

That. ;.;

3. Oz

Lol. Friend of mine got it, tried to play it in XP through Sun Virtual Machine from Ubuntu and couldn't because he couldn't install his graphics card drivers in it. So he decides to put XP onto a small partition he'd just made, isn't paying attention when he starts installing and ends up formatting his 900GB of music, movies and TV series.

4. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Man, it felt like my cat and mother died just reading that last line.

5. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Yeah, for me too. If my building were on fire, my external HD would be the first thing I'd grab. "Fuck the pets; my HD is still in there!!!"

6. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Go go deliberately underestimating system requirements to expand the customer base.

7. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

Just finished the campaign and will be starting on the MP tomorrow. Jesus fucking christ..I thought CoD4 had a good SP. Even though it was rather short MW2 tops everything I've played so far. The mission where you're supposed to grab that guy in Rio..seriously heavy shit!

8. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Campaign blew my mind, "seriously heavy shit" is pretty much the only way to describe it.

Multiplayer has kept me off of my computer for 3 days. I only got on now because I had 3 shitty games in a row and got very close to throwing my controller.

OOH I popped off 2 nukes already! I figured people would get angry when it happened, but instead everybody was totally stoked and congratulating me. Probably the best part about it was getting the Global Thermonuclear War title, which has generated a hell of a lot of comments.

MP leveling is a real motherfucker, I've already got 1 day logged on this game and I'm on level 40 something.

9. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The best part is playing the multiplayer, not online, but with a bunch of friends. It is insanely good, and the graphics are amazing. I don;t have the game myself (yet), but I was playing with a friend on the Xbox and it was mindblowing, especally the level of detail.

We then payed the special missions, it was crazy. My friend is a relative newcomer to FPS, so playing the 3rd alpha mission with him was extremely funny. But the level of difficulty in those challenges is enough to keep people addicted for days.

This thing is going to make me fail college, and I don't even own it yet!

10. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Ive had this for a day or two now and I love it, popped off a nuke the other day, it was awesome :3.

And holy fucking shit, I started playing the campaign because I was getting frustrated with multiplayer and could not put it down, finished it in one sitting and just didn't want it to end.

Intense stuff
    Literally everyone you play dies

11. Oz

Got bored and started playing CoD5: World at War online. Is it just me or is it extremely easy to rack up a 30 kill streak? >_>

Dogs are 100 times awesomer than helicopter though. D:

12. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Not true. Soap lives.

And although it's not mentioned, it's pretty easy to pick up that Ghost is actually Gaz from MW especially since its the same voice actor.

Think about the end of MW, Soap is fucked up, Russians are trying to get Price breathing, and Gaz just got shot in the face.

MW2? Soap is back, so is Price, and Ghost is Gaz. So you never know who IW is going to bring back, although you see Roach and Ghost being burned, you never ACTUALLY see them die.

Plus the ending might as well have had "Continued in MW3" that's how obvious the lead in to the next game was.

Price carrying you to the chopper and Nikolai saying "I know a place..." then credits.

Ooh and anybody else dig the

Prisoner 627 reveal?

13. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Yeah, Prisoner 627 was a bit of a shock, as I couldn't believe Price could be captured by the Russians, unless he's been held since they brought him back from the brink.

Also, Ghost ISN'T Gaz, it's just the same voice actor. I'm pretty sure after getting shot in the face, Gaz would be dead, especially since he was crawling at the end of CoD 4, suggesting multiple wounds, so if the face-shot didn't kill him, then bleeding out would've done.

All in all, I loved the game, the SP was a lot shorter than I expected, though I enjoyed the ending, the twists were actual twists & quite shocking. MP is just as fun, though a lot more fast paced than I expected too.

14. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

15. Benjin

Benjin First Year

...Guys that have actually been able to get a Tactical Nuke, no bullshitting, answer this question truthfully.

Do you camp like a bitch?

I haven't even chose to unlock the Tactical Nuke because I know my chances of getting a 25 KS are low.

16. Oz

Played some of the campaign at a friend's house last night, and from the little I played... this may be the best game ever. D:

17. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

For the first 11 or so kills I didnt camp, when I was done with the ac-130 and was on nearing 20 kills, then I camped like a little bitch.

18. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I didn't get TN, however I did get close at 23 kill streak. I didn't camp until I ended up at very low health (around kill 19), before that I moved around and just used sound and wits to guard me.\

EDIT:Anyone else getting a new warning with CoDMP and having it error out and crash? How about SP requiring steam to be online to play? This is pure BS, the first game I paid for in about 4 years and the goddamn thing would most likely work better with a crack!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  19. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

SCAR-H, silencer, heartbeat sensor, Bling (Obviously), Cold Blooded, Ninja. Secondary was a silent AA-12. Just stay on the move and hunt them in ones or twos, and you'll be fine.

20. Benjin

Benjin First Year

Oh man, i just had a game about 30min ago that had me going ape shit.

I was using my usual class (Scar H, Bling, Stopping Power, Commando), playing Ground War with my mates. First 2min i was going insane, getting kill after kill, ran out of bullets on my Scar, had to switch to my machine pistol. Got a Harrier Strike, picked up a WA2000 and went to a building to snipe. Got a 9 KS, got my Pavelow, then i just sniped the shit out of anybody i saw.

With a MASSIVE help from my Pavelow and my previous Harrier Strike, i got a 25 Killstreak. I was fuckin' swearing my ass off into my mic when i realised i didn't unlock my TN.

Game over, victory, but no bloody Tactical Nuke.

TL;DR
    I got a 26 KS, 1 Assist, 0 Deaths and 0 Tactical Nuke. Didn't have it unlocked. I was going WTF and crying a river while my mates were laughing at me.

EDIT: I'm also proud to say that i did NOT camp.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009