1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Delenda Est by Lord Silvere - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by craigery9700, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

Not so much magic for magic's sake. In what we see of Dumbledore, he's interested in redemption above all. Snape's interested in screwing a dead woman. The Marauders/Weasley twins are interested in pranks.

Actually, I stand partially corrected--that rules Voldemort out, as he's interested above all in avoiding death.

Again, folks, this is from what we see of the characters, not necessarily what the characters would say about themselves.

2. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

i like it a lot. it is decent all though the idea has been used a lot. great potential and it was well written which is expected from Lord Silvere. I can't wait for the update.

3. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I've never been a fan of H/Bella, and so far this reads a lot like their other story "Earl of the North" (although to be fair they did warn us of that at the beginning).
    Solid writing and semi interesting, but it's too early to judge.
    2.5/5

4. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yet they are all, still, interested in learning magic for magic's sake. They all seem to very much enjoy their magical abilities, some to a more greater extent. Just because they are interested in other things doesn't change that fact at all.

5. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

Eh, whatever. New chapter up. Nothing much different from the last three, except Harry's even more OP than before.

6. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Original P.I.M.P? :confused:

7. Stormey

Stormey Groundskeeper

This fic is getting more useless by each chapter.
    Considering it starts with Bellatrix committing suicide with a magical pin through her heart, which she really shouldn't have, thats pretty hard to do.
    1/5 from me.

8. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

Close enough =P

OP=overpowered. Usually used in whining reference to Warlocks, Death Knights, Rogues, Paladins, Mages, Priests, Druids, Warriors, Shamans, and Hunters in World of Warcraft by members of whichever classes are not currently the one under discussion.

9. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

If you call this Harry overpowered, you must absolutely hate half of the fics in DLP library. Besides, I think the authors are making the whole Wizarding World a bit more capable than what they are in canon.

10. Moeed

Moeed Third Year

I really enjoy reading this, now if only the author would start to move things along. God, there's only so much one can read about the difference between this Bellatrix and the future one.

11. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

It's more of a stylistic thing. I don't mind ridiculously overpowered Harry nearly as much when we can see precisely where this comes from--being bonded to a Denarian Lord, for example, or studying his ass off.

On the other hand, "oh by the way I'm fully capable of banishing 20 people as many feet with one spell, while simultaneously distracting them with all sorts of ridiculous schoolboy hexes and jinxes" doesn't sit right with me. If the authors were making the whole Wizarding World more capable, I'd think they would actually make Harry struggle a bit more.

12. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

That last comment was moderately humorous.

Personally I don't think it was so much his power as it was the fact that he shot them in the back, and I believe it said 'Low Powered' which yes, could be 'schoolboy' spells, but the power level doesn't take into account complexity or necessary precision.

And of course your ignoring the fact that all he was trying to do with them was draw attention.

13. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Um... He's twenty in this fic, and has been fighting a war for years...

This annoyed me too, albeit for entirely different reasons. Why didn't he start the fight with his area-banisher? Then he could have just stunned/disarmed them while they were still down.

They were trash. None of them was trained combatant.

14. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I hate this fic.

15. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Excellent input. I can see just what you mean. What with every last one of the reasons you gave, I dont think I'll read it now. :rolleyes:

Im curious to see where it goes, honestly. I have yet to find a Harry/Bella fic that doesnt... suck, so I have high hopes for this one.

What does bother me though is the forgers daughter. Seriously? Hitting on Harry like that? You'd think that if they were professional, they'd do their job then never talk to the guy again. But whatever.

16. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

You lie, or your standards are insanely low.

17. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    Here ya go - Only enemies, enjoy!

18. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

No not really. Most of the Harry/Bella fics I've read butcher one or the other's characters to the point that Im reading about one or more OC's.

More to the point, I just didnt enjoy what I was reading. We all have our personal preferences. I did enjoy this one.

Read it, and its on my update list, but the last update was March of this year. I dont hold much hope that it'll update anytime soon.

Also, see above.

19. fanficlover

fanficlover Fourth Year

Updated again, and a reasonably decent chapter at that.

Lord Silvere says he has a particular reason for Bellatrix using Muggle phrases.

The fic as a whole could be much better, but once you skip past the initial chapter or two, it does become easier to read.

20. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Read the latest chapter. Much better than the last one. Has my hopes up a little. This is where Harry is at a Xmas part with purebloods, it was very well done. Bellatrix is still a little annoying, but it is now coming off more as something you would expect a self-absorbed character with an inflated sense of her own power. Which is a big improvement, because before it was beginning to fall under the berating!gf cliche. Now if she had real power like the elder Bella then I wouldn't have an issue because well that crazy bitch deserved being arrogant.

So if the things that happened between the first chapter and this didn't happen I'd be really excited about this story. Right now I am cautiously optimistic again. It is definitely on my watch list, because it seems like the writer has regrouped again.