1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Left 4 Dead 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by se7en, Nov 26, 2009.

1. se7en

se7en Professor

Hey anyone play this game on the PC? I got it last week, but I had a C++ Runtime error. I had to reinstall SP1 and SP2, but now I fixed it and I've been really addicted to the game. I had L4D1, but this is leaps and bounds above its predecessor.

2. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

Yes. Awesome game, I am a motherfucker with the fire ax.

Also, the campaigns, from least favorite to most favorite:
    1) Hard Rain (Fucking witches... If at any point someone drops and is replaced by AI, prepare to fight about four of the fuckers)
    2) Swamp Fever (Not actually that bad, but has a few annoying things about it-- The mudmen obscuring your vision pretty high up on that list. Sorry, but if I can't see to shoot, the game's not a first person shooter. It's a coaster.)
    3) Dead Center (I fucking <3 this campaign right up until you get into the mall. Then I hate it.)
    4) The Parish (I live in Louisiana and have spent a good deal of time in New Orleans. You think I /don't/ get hard at the thought of killing NOPD zombies?)
    5) DARK MOTHERFUCKING CARNIVAL ('Nuff said.)

And the finales, from least to most favorite:
    1) Dead Center (Boring as FUCK)
    2) Hard Rain (Meh, just don't care either way about it)
    3) Swamp Fever (Kinda tricky to deal with given how spread out everything is, but fun)
    4) The Parish (The only thing that could make this better? Set it during late evening/early night or during a Hard Rain-esque storm)
    5) DARK MOTHERFUCKING CARNIVAL (MIDNIGHT RIDERS! Also, am I the only one who thinks that they're pretty much supposed to be KISS?)

3. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I wasn't a huge fan of Left 4 Dead, it was OK but... disappointing. I don't really know what was wrong with it, but it felt like there was something missing. Like it was rushed maybe, or a bunch of things had to be cut. So far it looks like Left 4 Dead 2 managed to include whatever was missing from the first game because I am totally in love. It's fantastic.

Also Ellis has some of the best lines I've heard in a video game this year, especially when he starts to tell an anecdote about his buddy Keith. I fucking adore him.

"My buddy Keith lived in a graveyard once for a whole year -- it wasn't a dare or nothin', he just got kicked out of his house. He said he NEVER saw a single ghost 'cept for this one time when a ghost stabbed him from behind and took all his money and he might've just been a homeless guy cuz he had a robe on with two eyes cut out his face..."

4. se7en

se7en Professor

Nick: "Why couldn't I have been in Vegas when the infection hit, or even Atlantic city? Instead, i'm stuck in this goddamn hill billy tunnel of love! Did you see the sign out there? 'Cousins only' day today!"

5. h2o

h2o Professor

I do love L4D 1 but yeah, it felt rushed. Only two of the 4 maps had Versus on them first... and only 4 maps in total, with no new ones seemingly being released in the near future of the release. Gameplay is excellent but, the lack of content...

And now they've made L4D 2 instead of fixing the first game. Bit pissed off about that, and the demo with daylight... didn't like it at all. I'm a big Valve fan but sometimes they need to get a proper kick up the backside. Half-Life 2's episodes are being released too slow and L4D 2 too early. Which is why I aint buying it, yet. Also I'm poor atm :p

6. Daven

Daven First Year

I love and hate this game. Loved everything on normal and advanced, but expert just kickes me in the balls.

7. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

1) Crash Course
    2) Last Stand
    3) They've explicitly stated that at least one more official map will be released for L4D1 ('Bout 50/50 as to whether it'll actually happen)
    4) Valve didn't make L4D1. They just published it.
    5) The daylight is actually a good mechanic. Wandering witches are awesome, the illusion of safety is just as problematic as straight up not being able to see, and New Orleans is a lot creepier depicted as dead empty during the day rather than at night.
    6) L4D2 was not released too early. It's feature complete,
    7) Quit fucking bitching about the HL2 episodes. They're good and worth the pricetag, and you just bitched about games being rushed out before they're done.

Pretty impressive, the amount of fuckin' dumbassery you managed to fit into a single post.

8. se7en

se7en Professor

I love the daylight. It gives you a completely new feel to the game. In the first one, the dark environment, for me, gave me a sort of panicky desperate feeling.It gave me goosebumps. This second one is more of a zombie massacre, with the melee weapons and the dismembered body parts flying around.

I really enjoy the VS. in the second one though, if you have relatively non-retarded team mates. The new special zombies make it really fun because of the variety.

9. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Charging dudes off ledges to their deaths, or charging them into deep water is quickly becoming my most favourite thing ever.

10. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright so I just picked this up and Im loving the hell out of this, from the melee weapons to the daylight mechanic its all ridiculously fun. My only gripe is that while it may just be my imagination the AI teammates seems a good bit dumber than before. Its like every time I start shooting the front of my barrel draws them in like magnets.

11. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Charger pisses me off, because I'll either miss the guy I want (the dude in red health) and hit the wrong guy, or they take a step in one direction and I go careening past and plow into the wall like an idiot.

Fuckin' awesome game though.

12. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I would just like to say that I think I killed myself in "The Parish" campaign - my apartment is about two blocks from the edge of the playable area in 'The Cemetery' chapter...

Now for a proper review - meh. Not going to win any awards from me, but its a fun game to get out when you're drinking with some friends, and the discussion turns to zombie invasion preparation plans. You can demonstrate the kind of whupass you're going to unleash.

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll imagine I'm killing kmfrank every time I play that level, now.

Very fun game. I never got into the first Left4Dead, and now I regret it.

Rehio on Steam.

14. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Haven't endeavoured to get it. Until my 'cross the pond version ships out, my only other option includes the Australian version! Yay - no blood, no gore, no added sense of satisfaction for killing those buggers, no immersion due to the game being glitchy as fuck... My favourite!

15. Seitou

Seitou Third Year

If i ever get L4D2 it'll be an import, Australia censored the shit out of this game. :/
    Seriously, the corpses fade away and the blood and shit is completely gone. >.< Stupid censorship bullshit.