1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW accounts

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Huh thats nice, I play a destruction warlock so it will be nice as hell to get a chance to just sit and burn, instead of running all over the damned place.

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And... she's down. Fourth time. Second phase is pretty much nothing, only ghosts will spawn randomly and follow one person. They'll attack ya if you don't run away (on heroic it's instant death).

It was kinda hilarious, though. She died on this circle, and when half of the raid went to look at the loot it started rising up into a hole in the ceiling. Turns out it was an elevator.

And now it's time for the AIRSHIP BAAAATTLE!

Airship Battle was done in two attempts.

Saurfang was done in four attempts. My God, it was stressful. Boomkin takes care of one of the main parts of the battle.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  3. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Havn't got time to raid anymore, baraly even play, 'cause of military. But are you really two and four shotting new bosses in ICC? That seems... lame beyond description.

4. Rehio

High Score:
    Oh yeah, it really is that easy.

Of course, it's still the first four, so maybe the next wing will be harder.

5. Myduraz

Sad really... Gibt the old days of raiding instead...

6. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

There are hard modes for a reason...

7. Myduraz

I realise that's the new way of raiding, doesn't mean I can't remember the old style fondly.

8. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Even hard modes aren't that hard. Every single raid instance will contain bosses that can be cleared with little to no difficulty these days. Even the hard modes really aren't that hard.

I've played casually since sunwell for a reason. Sunwell prenerf was by far my favorite instance. I mean, Ulduar was cleared in what? A week? With 13 bosses. Sunwell took MONTHS. Eh, i'm not gonna get into this rant again. Game was cool, now its gone casual and no so fun anymore.

9. Myduraz

You speak the truth. Sadly it's still the most entertaining game around imo.

10. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

You can't really whine about the first ICC bosses being piss easy, because they are meant to be piss easy. If you take a look at Deathwhisper and Saurfang, I think its pretty safe to say that they will be fucking rough in hard modes, just by looking at the current mechanics.

We'll have plenty of time to get ready for Arthas (being released in march? april?) and then the hard modes.

I forsee Arthas lasting a few months, probably till next fall at the bare minimum, considering summer break, low attempts cap etc etc. (Heroic that is).

Really looking forward to it, I'll be knocking on the armies door before Cataclysm hits so this is probably the last raid instance for me to raid non-casual, and it promises alot of things.

PS - WOOT, locks are finally pretty linear in terms of dps between all 3 specs, im enjoying playing demonology a shitload, affliction is also great and pulls top dps, and destro is good for encounters that require short bursting of adds (I think destro will be the way to go on saurfang and deathwhisper HMs)

11. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

What do you guys think about the latest buff? How long have lichking been out? 3 weeks and they are making it easier already.

12. Rehio

High Score:
    Considering that we're perfectly capable of clicking off the buff if we don't want it, I welcome the thing.

Update on stuff: Doing 8k DPS regularly, as Boomkin. High movement fights can knock me down to 5k, though. Way over haste softcap. Trying to find more gear with Crit, but my new guild isn't that great and we can't even down Rotface.

Trying to down Sindragosa, in 10 man. She is such a bitch, and I loathe the magic debuff. It's constantly on me. I wanna see the Lich King, dammit.

13. Krogan

High Score:
    Im enjoying it, with my new tier 10 pieces on my lock I can reliably put out about 6k DPS running or not and I have actually gotten to see the Lich King and he is fucking awesome, I mean he skullfucked us bad but the fight is the most fun I've had in a raid in a long time. I think the absolute funniest thing is that there's one stage of the fight where he finally gets pissed off and decides to stop fucking around and uses an ability that instawipes the raid, its all part of the fight and actually supposed to happen but like 14 people just up and ragequit and the same time when it happens screaming about fail and shit. All you need to do is wait like thirty more seconds and the ghost of King Terenas appears and mass rez's the raid.

14. Deviace

Deviace Second Year

Not a fan of the new buff, my guild personally doesnt use it at all, we want to feel like we did it when it was at its hardest so just sticking it out with no buff atm anyway.

Not asif it matters much though, 5% to damage/healing/health wont do alot if your wiping due to people not understanding the fight mechanics, its just a little buff for the casuals to get a tiny bit further. Personally it wouldnt bother me if we had it on or not, I push out 10k+ as a combat rogue so my dps is fine as it is, and the rest of my guilds dps sit above 7k+ so we should be able to down the stuff without the buff anyway.

15. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've pretty much quit the game since they made PVE a joke.

I have been playing a hunter on and off in pvp, and well, marks is great fun to just kill the hell out of people.

I don't think i'll ever PVE again though.

16. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I PvP semi-seriously on two toons, mm hunter and resto druid. 277 weapon + Marks = hilarious as hell, btw. Globalling kids in bgs.

I still do PvE, though, and I enjoy it. Hard mode Putricide and LK are fights that you'd likely enjoy, Elli, somewhat reminscient of Sunwell in difficulty. I'll admit that PvE in general is a lot easier than it probably should be, but there are still some challenging fights out there.

17. Rehio

High Score:
    News for those who care: Beta Opt-in for Cataclysm is up, and the closed beta is going to be starting soonish (Maybe. It's Blizzard). If you've already opted into Blizzard's beta program and selected World of Warcraft as something that you're interested in, you're already signed up. If not, head to your Battle.net page and go do stuff.

So... I've got my Kingslayer 10 man and 25 man title, and I'm doing 10-11k DPS consistently as a Boomkin. My guild is doing hard modes now, though I'm not invited that often (guild already has a main Boomkin). They called me in last night because he disconnected, though, and I got to do Heroic Saurfang, which apparently all hinges on my knock back move. Fucking stressful.

I've actually started doing PvP stuff, which is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. That probably has something to do with the Starfall buff.

18. Krogan

High Score:
    Awesome, thanks man, I wouldn't have noticed until quite a while from now. I'm all signed up so fingers crossed.

19. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Never mind... Im dum.

20. h2o

h2o Professor

Started up again a few weeks ago... playin' Horde side instead of Alliance (Got 4 lvl 80 chars) on my Main Realm atm. Actually enjoying leveling my Warrior a lot, especially tanking the lower lvl dungeons. RFD & Uldaman yesterday were awesome :D

Realm: The Sha'tar EU
    Name: Proudmane
    Class: Warrior
    Level: 41

Leveling a Warlock as well a bit and a Druid with a friend but she's a complete noob so, takes a while when playing with her.

I've got chars on Darksorrow (A) & Frostwhisper (H) as well if anyone else is on one of em'. Would be cool to say hi! I'm quite looking forward to Cataclysm... Goblins & Worgens are retarded races tbh and I'm still pissed off at Blizzard for pussying out at The Wrathgate. Why can't my Undead Warlock brake-away from the Horde and go in Putress footsteps? Would have been friggin' awesome...