1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Polarity by Chris Myers - T - Spiderman

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Hashasheen, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Title: Polarity
    Fandoms: Spider-Man
    Rating: PG-13 for language and concepts
    Summary: When a Romero-style zombie outbreak hits, three supervillains, led by a long time loser, find themselves doing whatever it takes to save themselves, and eventually, the rest of humanity.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5124106/1/Polarity

5/5. Another excellent Shocker's fic in the realm of Spider-Man, the author wrote a good fic that's still ongoing (29 chapters, so it's plenty of reading time) and is interesting, manages to draw the reader in and provides a few laughs along the way (as well as a few digs at Shocker Legit).

2. Hashasheen

Bump. It's a good fic people, you're not gonna get dissapointed.

3. Ceins

Ceins Second Year

Yes it is and I truly did enjoy reading it.
    The beginning is sort-of difficult to get past due to the author experimenting but even that isn't all that bad.

Though now it pisses me off that Shocker can't be bothered to actually use his full power against an enemy but who knows maybe he had a good reason.

4. artenry

artenry Guest

Just read from the beginning till Chapter 29, and I definitely like it. The rise of a so-called B-list supervillain to a general hero through the trials and tribulations of a zombie horde is really well done here.

These superheroes and supervillains - they're human here, and they have human flaws and character that makes them interesting to read.

5/5 from me.

5. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

It's sad for me, a Spider-man fan, and a little ironic, that the only worth reading fanfiction in FF.net in that fandom feature the Shocker as a protagonist.

Awesome story, by the way. 5/5

6. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I really enjoyed reading this, ever since I read "The Shocker, Legit?", I've been looking for more similar fics and this was a great catch, thanks for the rec Hash. 5/5 for me

Also was I the only one who was depressed by the end of the last chapter?

7. Hashasheen

Next Chapter up. Ultimate villain is .... a little obscure, but damn. :eek:

The convo's between Electro and Shocker, and Shocker and Norman nailed it for me, especially with the comparison you can make to Shocker's earlier thoughts on Norman's re-acceptance to society.

@TMN: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=14782

Here. It's another fic I recommended, along with reviews by members of the board.

8. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I liked it watching a bunch of supper people duke it out with zombies and it not turn out like Marvel Zombies where people with powers own all else. It was a 5/5 hands down.

9. Hashasheen

Chapter 31 is up:

THE MOTHERFUCKING PUNISHER! :eek: OH MY FUCKING GOD. :eek:

10. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I didn't realise that this was a WIP. It's almost finished though. It's right on the cusp.

Excellent story. 5/5.

It could use a beta to clean up the occasional error, but it's pretty damn good considering.

11. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Fuck, this story is excellent, hands down, even if the author is slightly, maybe even subconciously copying the Shocker: Legit. Unfortunately this story's Rhino is nowhere near as interesting as Max Landis' but I think the fight scenes are far better, the Shocker seems a bit more like the second-rate villain he was supposed to be, his ass being constantly kicked.He constantly brings up the fact that the gauntlet need charging, which seems far more realistic to me.

About The Punisher, the Shocker Legit and this are the only two comic book stories I've read in recent history and despite their small differences they bith share one thing in common : they both fucking deify the Punisher.

Sure he's just one powerless guy against the masses of supervillains but the two stories really make it seem like he could take on the baddest of the bad and win, it didn't help that he rarely seemed to get a scratch in The Shocker : Legit? but to see him trussed up and dripped like a gut pig? *Shudder* It's like seeing Superman bent over by a dominatrix with a strap-on while he whines and cries. Fuck

To sum up: awesome fic maybe 4.8/5 from me but only because I read Shocker first

12. Hashasheen

This is sorta an inversion of Punisher, mate. Smarter Rhino, many of Shocker's friends screw him over, Punisher ain't friendly, his old man is dead, no luck of getting laid, etc...

13. Hashasheen

Chapter 32 is up. Seems a bit rushed, but the Punisher's lines were worth it.

14. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

I just read the new update. Nothing really stood out aside from Ares being a badass and the above. What's up with that Hash?

15. Hashasheen

I have no clue. I noticed that myself, but since I don't share the same username on fanfiction.net, I wasn't too sure he was throwing me a shout-out.

16. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

/me shrugs

I dont know much about Marvel universe...

17. yak

The latest twist was expected.

18. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

True, but still quite sad. Poor Herman.

19. yak

Sad? I like my leads to suffer.

20. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

It's nice knowing that I can simply jump into a story and know that it'll be good; your last rec pretty much guaranteed that, Hash. Awesome shit right here.

It does parrot 'Shocker, Legit' in many ways, but the differences in characterization are really top-notch IMO. Wonderful descriptions from Shocker's POV, who solidifies his second-rate status by outlining all of te specific ways that other hereos are better than he is; plus the moments of fanboyism or fear when meeting first-tier heroes (Ares and Wolverine, respectively), are just how I'd expect him to react.

Punisher really is deified, though; only Wolverine should've earned that kind of fear, since, y'know, the whole non-zombie aided regeneration thing he's got going on...

5/5, eagerly awaiting moar chapters.