1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoeHundredaire has well and truly lost the plot

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by yak, Dec 20, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

JH has always been a bit of an odd creature and he's long had a fractious relationship with us, but his latest creation is the latest piece of evidence that he's taking the express train to crazy town.

On the side of the affirmative, I present: Holly, Phoenix, Diamond and Elm. If any of you can make it to the end of chapter two, then you're better men and women than me.

An infant Harry is kidnapped by Emma Frost (XMen) who genetically engineers a child of Lily Potter and Emma and transfers Harry's consciousness into it hoping that Emma's DNA will give HP more supapowahs. Tadah! Harry is now Hazel (because Emma's girl DNA and Lily's girl DNA meant that there was no boy DNA, so Harry had to become a girl - no, really; that's the explanation given). It gets worse from there.

JoeHundredaire should just change his nick to JoannaHundredaire and be done with it.

edit: He's since added more to chapter one and plastered ugly character portraits throughout. >_<

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  2. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I'm not sure that Joehundredaire or his writing deserve their own thread unless he bucks the trend and puts out something with curb appeal. This story isn't it, to me anyway. It sounds like you don't recommend it either, so perhaps notices like this are better placed in Barely Recommended?

For what it's worth, while Joe is right that you can't get one boy child from two ladies, you can get two boy children out of two ladies' genes if you invoke time travel to let each father the other, and thus provide the Y chromosome for the other. Someone on here wrote a story about that once.

3. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Eh, what gets me about JoeHundredaire is that while I'm all for lesbians - he seems to go out of his way to make nearly every character possible a lesbian. Worse, with this story at least, he inserted a ton of OCs while slavishly following the fanon inept manipulator Dumbledore with sidekick Ron. I have no urge to read about several 11 year old Mary Sue's who will soon discover the joy of a clam bake before having the story being abandoned before the end of first year.

That said, the thought of Emma Frost attending Hogwarts would be cool. Kind of. If it was limited to a oneshot.

4. yak

They reverse engineered Harry's DNA to determine his mother's DNA, and then combined it with Emma Frost's DNA to form a half-sister of Harry. They go from DNA in a test tube to a fully developed (presumably one year old) baby in less than three weeks. Somewhere in that time they transfer Harry's consciousness into his half-sister.

I don't think that the XX/XY chromosome divide is going to be a serious problem for them.

edit: You're probably right about the thread. I haven't been around much and overlooked it.

Kensington: I was also vaguely interested to see where JH was going with the XMen crossover, at least up until he turned Harry into Harriette. I didn't read far enough to see any lesbians, or know that Emma Frost was going to Hogwarts. Some of what I read in Chap 1 has been removed and a heap more added.

5. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Oh for fuck's sake, we don't need to go through this again. This was a problem during the summer, and now...

You know what? I don't like Joehundredaire, and I get the distinct impression whenever I post on spacebattles that he doesn't like me, but he's got his audience for what he's writing. Given, it's not DLP. And if his plotting is pants-on-head retarded, then.. then that's his issue.

But here's my problem - why the fuck is even relevant or important to warrant a thread on DLP, particularly considering this is just flamebaiting from spacebattles about a former member here who was banned? Look, I was somewhat of a contributor to that mess last time, and while Perspicacity has been nobly defending DLP over there (including defending my fic - thanks Pers), we don't need more fucking conflict here.

Okay, fine, Joehundredaire likes his femmeslash - big fucking deal. It's not worth a thread on DLP that's just waiting for a fucking flame war to start. Case in point: we already had this conflict, and there's already some bad blood between spacebattles and DLP - we don't need anymore.

My suggestion: close this thread and forget about it. DLP doesn't need more drama.

6. yak

I must've been absent for any conflict over at spacebattles. Spacebattles always seemed like a pretty decent place to me and an odd setting for a flamewar with JH.

This wasn't meant as flamebait, though looking at it now it couldn't be anything but.

tl;dr: Nothing constructive here. Delete imminent in 5, 4, 3...

Edit:
    It's relevant because JoeHundredaire is writing in the Harry Potter fandom, which unless things at DLP have changed more than I think they have, places his HP writing firmly within our bailiwick. We've never been worried about criticising an author in the past for fear of offending others. You're correct about it being flamebait, and I wasn't aware that it'd bring up barely healed wounds here on DLP. I was shocked at the depths to which JoeHundredaire's writing has plunged and thought it worth a thread.

In retrospect it probably wasn't, but neither was your over-reaction.

I never complained about femmeslash (didn't even know there was any), and Kensington seems pretty ambivalent about it.

7. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

I yield all of the negative parts of Joe writing, add that he has a tendency to move onto other projects while leaving a prior story with a cliffhanger, But man he does have a way with a punchline.

I find his work not only readable, but re readable.

But what do I know?

8. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

So why's DLP so pissed at this Joe dude?

9. jpdt19

jpdt19 Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Long, long, long, longggggggggggggg story :D

10. Hashasheen

... I've been here longer than you have, brah. So that implies it happened after your arrival and I wasn't here at the time, or you lurked well and good prior to signing up.

11. jpdt19

jpdt19 Fourth Year DLP Supporter

my appologies.

I was not meaning to sound the old sage. I've not been around that long obviously.

I was saying it was a long story, based on what i heard when i asked around about Joe on my arrival. It seemed to be quite convuluted!

12. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    It wasn't that long ago iirc. He didn't like us or something, idk.

13. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    @Hashasheen: The "controversy" over Joe can be summed up as follows:

Joe is a village idiot and Internet Tough Guy (tm) on SpaceBattles.com who portrays himself as being self-absorbed and femslash-obsessed to the point of being a self-caricature. He came to DLP for a brief time; his self-destruct thread is still in the Hall of Shame, if you care to go delving. (Pay particular attention to his claims of having had a story of Shezza's pulled from ff.net over grammar or somesuch). Years after his DLP implosion, he's still crying over the butthurt, apparently. When last called out over distortions and generally being a cunt with regards to DLP, he responded proudly with, "Ha, ha! I was only trying to troll. Look how awsome I is--I trolled Ravenclaw and Vash, nyah nyah!" (I'm actually being generous with his level of maturity).

Most would be content to ignore him entirely. He's a SpaceBattles.com institution, not a DLP one. Discussing him at length in a DLP thread diminishes DLP, frankly.

14. Hashasheen

Huh. You know, all you had to say was spacebattles user and I'd get the intense level of idiocy and fail that compasses him. Still, knowledge is power as the Blood Ravens say. :awesome

15. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Hall of Shame thread. Why don't we all just shut the fuck up now before we have the exact same discussion.

Not open for further replies.