1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Dark Belra, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^This

I played Adept every single time, I took the other classes out for a spin but every time I played all the way through I was using an Adept. Heavy Armor looks better true, but Adept was much more fun for me and with the way they've fleshed out and upgraded the standing biotic system I see zero reason why I'd want to permanently change other just to take the others out for a spin.

Although I will say the Sentinel Tech Armor skill looks and sounds fairly pimp so that's definitely on my to try list.

@fuubar- Fair enough, its one of the reasons I love Bioware, they really do make an honest effort to keep to whatever dates they give unlike a lot of other game companies who pretty much throw out random numbers just to get people off their backs for a bit.

2. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

For anyone interested, a page I found while browsing the ME forums. It has links to most of the new info that was released.

3. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

The full cinematic trailer is out. Here it is.

A pretty standard trailer for a shooter. Just a few scenes about Sheperd, Thane and Grunt kicking ass in pretty CGI. However, I haven't been keeping up to date on Mass Effect 2 news, but I think the ship/tower/thing is new. Not to mention the enemies towards the end seem new too. Is it some Reapers or is it modified Geth?

Either way, not much more of a wait left. Since they haven't delayed it by now, I don't expect any delays.

4. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Those aren't the Geth, nor modified Reapers; they are the Collectors, an insectoid race with Highly advanced technology, who trade said technology to other sentient species for odd requests.
    They appeared firs in the Ascension novel and are one of the main antagonists of the game. They've started abducting humans and Shepard thinks their advanced tech might come from the reapers.

The character I'm most interested in, however, is Legion. Those 'evolved' geth look awesome.

5. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

Vanguard class looks like fun. From the videos I've seen so far and the first game, I'm pretty sure my first class will either be this or the adept.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait, Krogan, how did you play the higher difficulties as anything besides a Soldier? I tried Adept but I'd just get ripped apart in a couple seconds...

7. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

According to the video interviewers with developers, decisions carry over.

I'm still playing the first game, so:

Kaidan or Ashley?

8. Krogan

High Score:
    Really? On everything but the absolute highest difficulty I strolled through everything with liberal use of Lift, Singularity, Stasis and Push. Those combined with some well placed pistol rounds and it was a breeze.

Also Andro I went with Ashley since she'd actually proven herself useful and mildly competent compared to Kaidan. On most fights that I had Kaidan with me if it wasn't some basic grade grunts Kaidan got rolled hard.

9. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I haven't yet read which decisions carry over, but I sacrificed Ashley.
    I used neither of those in my team most of the time, but her personality just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't like these righteous, enforce-every-law, military kind of characters.

10. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Kaidan has an interesting sort of back story... but Ashley is a more of a full-fledged character (when romancing either, Ashley appears to have more lines). If you're FemShep it's a toss up, but if you're male, just pick Ashley. Sure she's a biblethumper xenophobe but I always held out with the idea I could change her.

It's not that big of a choice though, as far as I've read neither will join your party early on (if at all), so how far that decision changes anything is debatable.

A big change I heard for ME2 was they're finally making guns use ammo. How they justify that is beyond me (original canon says guns have infinite ammo) but I guess it could change fire fights up a little.

Right now I'm probably going to play with: Geth/Blackdude & Tali/RomanceOption. The other characters aren't really interesting me that much... especially the non-Tali females in the crew.

11. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Plus you could sex up Ashley.

Its going to be interesting to play the sequel because the humans will have their place on a new council, so other Human Spectres to play with perhaps?

12. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

From what I've seen/read, guns in ME2 use "thermal clips" - instead of automatically cooling down over time, they dissipate heat into thermal clips.

I changed her by
    nuking her on the planet near the end
    Or you change her views with charm/intimidate.

As for team, biotic teammate + engineer teammate (tali) + biotic main character rolled through the first game, so I'll stick with it in ME2.

13. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Which version of the game are people thinking of getting? Apparently there are different pre-order bonuses (different armours) depending on who you get the game from (Amazon, Play etc) or if you get the Collecters Edition (which has no pre-order bonus).

Normally I'd go with the CE, but the armour that comes with that looks pretty stupid, like a giant insect suit. Apparently it comes with a code for connection to the "Cerebus Network" which has some sort of extra stuff, but there's no hint of what it could be.

Apparently in the US you can buy a version with all the pre-orders, which I wish was around in the UK. So which version are you guys going to opt for? Going to bother with pre-orders?

Link to Bioware site about different bonuses here:

14. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I pre-ordered from Amazon, so it looks like I've got the Inferno Armor. I'm also going to have the ME Version of Blood Dragon Armor thanks getting Dragon Age as well, so it should be interesting to see how that works.

15. Krogan

High Score:
    Alright then so apparently I'm getting Inferno, Terminus, Blood Dragon and the Blackhole Gun.

16. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

Collector Armor (which, btw, is supposed to look look insect-like, considering it's modelled after the collectors), Inferno, and Blood Dragon armor for me.

The part about no preorder bonus for CE is not true (at least according to my gamecrazy). Also, Cerberus Network card is in all new copies of the game (standard & CE).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  17. aledeth

aledeth First Year

Steam for me. DDL is too convenient to pass up, it's cheaper than Amazon (no sales tax), and I still get the Inferno Armor.

18. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I still dunno if I'm getting this yet. Ofc ME1 was decent, but from what I've heard so far... ME2's combat has been improved at the cost of its story. I'm not going to get a Bioware game for the combat alone, going to hold out for more info before I buy it, especially since I'm hooked on dorfs again and I wasn't completely satisfied with my DA experience (namely the extra DL content).

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dorfs? What's that Chime??

20. Sora

Sora First Year