1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Voldemort

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Jaysues, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Jaysues

Jaysues Squib

I was curious if there are any fics floating around which follows Voldemorts rise to power. Preferably cutting Hogwarts to a minimum, I'm after stuff which follows Voldemort leaving school, and slowly gaining enough power to start his takeover.

I'm also much more interested in it being canon based.

I did a quick look, and nothing popped up, except for a few Harry goes back in time stuff. Keep in mind, I want it to be Voldemort centric, not Harry.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Eh, not exactly Voldemort-centric (altough he plays an important role), but one of my favourites: Methene's Of Blacks and Malfoys. It's set during Voldemort's first rise, and gives a great portrayel of the Wizarding World. If you want politics and the great scope of things, it's a must-read.

And I have it on good authority that it isn't abandoned either :)

That said, if anyone knows a good (i.e. non-slash, realistic etc.) fic following Voldemort exclusively, I'd be interested too.

Edit:

Just saw that now -- I'm not sure you'll find that, since it isn't Canon, AFAIK. If I remember correctly, the first time around, the Ministry didn't fall. It was on the brink of collapsing when Voldemort's Killing Curse backfired ... I think? And at least Hogwarts was never attacked (Hagrid says that in PS), so Voldemort didn't achieve a full victory and in fact never came as far as he did in DH.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  3. Jaysues

Jaysues Squib

Ah, I never said he actually conquered it, just that he gained enough power to do so. I want it to be canon, written from that point in time. I should fix that bit up actually.. lol.