1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v5.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Sep 14, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

"A Severus?" There's MORE of them?!

2. Garrus

Garrus Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

God help us.

3. Seraphim

Seraphim Third Year DLP Supporter

It's a conspiracy the Severus-es are going to take over the world.

4. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Continuing with the horrifying Snape summaries...

The Wager! by Yih reviews Harry Potter, 7th year Slytherin, has an agenda – seduce the impossible-to-seduce Severus Snape… and Draco Malfoy, his best mate, is not pleased at all with the situation! Featuring Harry/Draco/Severus!Rated: M - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,378 - Reviews: 6 - Published: 2-4-10 - Harry P. & Draco M.

5. Bratling

Bratling Professor

*starts to turn green*

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

7. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

Hiding at Hogwarts » reviews After Harry's second Hogwarts year, he decides to hide at Hogwarts instead of going back to the Dursleys. However, this plan leads to unexpected realisations and consequences. Completely AU, partly OOC, sick!Harry

Actually, theres nothing too horrific about this fic... Until you recall its by Healer Pomfrey who has made 175 fics with the exact same plot. Seriously, I've calculated it, she's written a fic every 4-5 days average since her account has ben opened.
    Why?
    Why?!?

8. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

Of Puppies and Kittens Xander, now a were-leopard and a primal Hyena queen, is pulled deep into Vampire politics. Even with the trusty scoobies by his side, he is in for one heck of a ride. Slash Asher/Spike/Xan (CHAPTERS REWRITTEN!! :D)

I hear that most of the male characters in Anita Blake are mincing freaks and bisexual. but Xander and Spike never struck me that way. And the Hyena queen thing is jus fucked.

9. Radical Dreamer

Radical Dreamer Fourth Year DLP Supporter

I finally found one!

Raikiri Triken: The Three Souls Swordsman by Shadow Crystal Mage
    Harry Potter is possessed by the spirits of Shishio Makoto, Himura Kenshin, and Seta Sojiro. Carrying their three swords, Harry hunts down the supposedly dead Voldemort. Just one problem: the Dark Lord is staying with his cousin, the snake sannin. Chp25!

Samurai!Harry, anime-flavored, AND NARUTO CROSSOVER. Score!

10. Bratling

Bratling Professor

Actually, it's worse than that. Healer Pomfrey is also TeddyLongLong, so you need to double the number. I'd have to look it up to get an accurate count, actually, but she's got two accounts.

11. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I actually found this in someone's favorites folder...

Forgivable Expectations » by Jubilee3 reviews
    Being a Slytherin is tough work these days. With the war brewing around her, Pansy has to deal with inner-house politics, unexpected rivals, and an undesired attraction to Dean Thomas. Includes an artistic Snape and a French Draco.
    Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 9 - Words: 109,046 - Reviews: 257 - Updated: 12-13-09 - Published: 3-19-03 - - Pansy P./Draco M.​

12. Heosphoros

Heosphoros Fourth Year

Heaven and Hell Part 1 » by Woodland Goddess
    After Harry takes the Solmatus Revelios potion he discovers that Snape is his soul-mate. A tentative friendship leads to: intense situations,heartbreak. This fic will contain slash so if you don't like, don't read, and will also contain some HPB spoilers

Conveniently named potion, isn't it?

13. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Heh. Of course, it's by SCM, so it's excused from having a completely stupid plot. He makes them work.

14. Portus

Portus Heir

Sounds like Jungle Fever is frowned upon even in the magical world...

That one would be worth reading if it were an autistic Snape, or maybe a Tourette!Snape, wherein old Severus just randomly spouts a string of expletives, flying spittle and all. Yeah, I' read that just for the lulz.

15. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Typical Tuesday Traumas
    Dawn gets kidnapped, seems old Voldy-boots wants a key. Very strange, bit of violence - not for the easily confused. The pairing is (technically) dawn/fredw, but you wouldn't really know it! So whatcha waiting for! Get to reading my weirdness!

Wow. I'm so excited, I could just ... wander off and start supper.

16. LadyKitti

LadyKitti Second Year

Cherokee Camp » by grugster reviews After two weeks of torture by Death Eaters, Draco and Harry have to find a way to cope with all their memories. Severus, as their guardian, tries to help and spends some time with them at a therapy camp in the USA. Draco/Harry friendship

...then this one day at therapy camp...

Fox Black and The Boy Who Lived: Book 1: the stone by Kitsune Hatake your typicle harry is a wolf animagus with a twist of having a god sister who is an artic fox animagus and the daughter of sirius black

wait...what?

17. Roma

Roma Fourth Year

The Empire's Rise » by Lord Hadrian Black reviews
    Heritage, Lord, Lady, Heir, Bashing!Dumbledore,Weasleys, Dark, Evil, Light, Immortal, War, Manipulations, Independant, Fem!Blaise, Intelligent, Army!
    Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 11 - Words: 23,073 - Reviews: 59 - Updated: 2-9-10 - Published: 11-6-09 - Harry P.

This isn't actually a summary, just a list of cliches and words. "Dark, Evil, Light" what does that even mean? Is he a dark and evil while also being light or are there just dark evil and light characters?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  18. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Well, Fem!Blaise means she's The Girl.

19. Revenant

Revenant First Year

Balancing Without A Net
    It had occured to Harry that sprouting a cat's ears and tail should seem a little strange, but being pursued romantically by two of the Hogwarts Founders was just the icing on the cake. Abuse, Anal, Angst, DP, H/C, HJ, Language, M/M, MPreg, N/C, Oral, Rim
    Author [EmruasCat] -:- Rated [Adult++] -:- Chapters [4] -:- Published [2010-01-29] -:- Updated [2010-02-16 03:18:23] -:- Edited [2010-02-16] -:- Hits [7205] -:- Reviews [25] -:- Average / Total Vote [[SIZE=+1]+[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]+[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]+[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]+[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]+[/SIZE] / 41]

:wall:

20. Kari Black

Kari Black DA Member

Category: Harry Potter
    Title: Phoenix Land
    Genre: Hurt/Comfort/Family
    Rating: Rated: K
    Summary: Fawkes rescues eight year old phoenix Harry from his relatives and
    takes him to Phoenix Land, then to Hogwarts to become a professor's as well as
    an elf's familiar. Will the teachers find out about his identity? Completely
    AU, partly OOC, Animagus story.

This ended up in a C2 I subscribe to (it's been going downhill for a while now, and apparently they've managed to hit rock bottom). It's another Healer Pomfrey gem, and she's managed to change it up from sick!Harry hiding in Hogwarts to animagus!phoenix!Harry hiding in Hogwarts. Plus, Phoenix Land...yeah, that speaks for itself.

Not open for further replies.