1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I think that:
    1) Possible but, I've feeling that Romulus isn't this kind of person. More - profit before revenge, but we didn't see to much of him yet so who knows (besides author).
    2) Like I said earlier, I think this is his motivation.
    3) It's interesting theory, especially if he thinks that Harry is next great wizard like Dumbledore and Voldemort (as his school record may suggests)
    4) If I recall correctly from canon, right now Quirell should be the only person aware that Voldemort is alive. Even Dumbledore has only feelings that Dark Lord isn't really dead, but not any proof. So unless Santi will change something (as is his right in his own fic), anything Rosier is doing right now is for his own profit.

2. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Well said, a couple of the same thoughts have been going through my head too, although I have my doubts about number 4 on the list.

3. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Working for Voldemort may not mean taking direct orders. It's possible that a few DE's had faith in his return, and would continue to do things somewhat in the interest of their cause just out of loyalty, even if it's not a direct act of support or an order taken directly from Voldemort.

4. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

It's also possible that Quirrel (remember he's possessed by Voldemort) contacted Rosier about a Potter transferring to Durmstrang.

5. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I sort of got the feeling from canon that the only Death Eaters who were really happy that Voldemort came back were the ones locked up in Azkaban.

Everyone else was like "Oh, shi..."

6. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

The only ones in Azkaban were the ones who either couldn't prove their innocence, were so fanatically loyal, or got sold out by others. Of course they're gonna be shitting rainbows when their lord comes and frees them.

Anyway, bout the story itself, I'm kinda up in the air about whether or not I really like it. Don't get me wrong, I love practically everything about it, but...meh. I don't like how every single person believes that manipulating the not-so-famous-brother-who-also-happened-to-live is their one way ticket to glory or whatever. The Rosier Conspiracy is gonna bug the living shit out of me until we find out what their scheming, but I still feel like Rosier Jr. is a little to forward in all this considering her age.

A side question: So is this gonna be a genuinely dark!Harry or will it be more of a neutral!Harry who also happens to be well versed in dark magic? Don't answer if you have to give up any plot points.

7. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

From my understanding Harry isn't going to be neutral at all. He has a very good relationship with his brother and doesn't sympathize with Voldemort's agenda, and probably never will.

8. Garrus

Garrus Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised if Harry ends up being alienated from the "light side" but does anyone actually think he's going to be joining Voldemort?

9. Onii

Onii Slug Club Member

No i don't think he ever will, dark doesn't make you evil.

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

This statement is definitely overused. More, I think that word 'dark' is overused, like you know - I'm cool because I'm dark.

About future of Harry, I think that he will grown apart from his family, mostly because of different groups of people he is part of right now and the way they see the world. But even then, I'm pretty sure that he will support his brother in any way he can.

What I'm really curious is how Santi will menage situation with Quirell. Will Nathan tell his brother truth? And what will be reaction from Harry when he hears that Quirell is dead. I suppose even if he will not know about Voldemort or even that his brother was part of this, he will want to know what really happened to the teacher who helped him so much in Hogwarts.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  11. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Well, the summary said Dark!Harry, and my bet is on him being good but being ostracized by all the light wizards. That seems like the most probable situation based on what's happening right now.

12. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Harry joining Voldemort doesn't seem likely, but it is possible. Canon!Voldemort is incompetent and bat-shit crazy, and so nobody with any sense joins him. But if Santi makes the Dark Lord both sane and capable, and I think he will... Then all bets are off.

There are many things to consider. First and foremost, it depends on how badly he will fall out with his family. Calypso is also a wild card; Men frequently do utterly stupid things for women. Also, we already know that Voldemort wants Harry as a Death Eater and there is no reason to assume he wouldn't be willing to teach him to get him to join. I don't think I will have to remind you that Santi's Harry isn't very good at resisting the lure of knowledge and power...

But yeah, if Santi wishes to go that route, it will take a lot work to make it seem plausible.

13. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I thought one of the entire reasons this story will be awesome is because Harry goes evil, but his family is nice.

Take the whole evil thing and keep it evil, none of that abuse crap.

14. Random Shinobi

You can be a nasty piece of work and not join Voldemort...

15. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

I'd like a quote of where this is mentioned. As far as I know, a sane Voldemort wouldn't even want a sixth year Hogwarts student; what would make him want a first year Durmstrang student? I could see Voldemort wanting Harry later on, when he's earned himself a reputation, but not just from the start.

16. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Quirrell made it fairly obvious, from a reader's perspective at least. Also, Voldemort would want Harry because he's the BWL-brother and as it would a huge moral blow [him being a Potter.]

17. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

This.

This Harry doesn't really seem like a follower. He likes having friends, yes, but from what I can understand of the character, that comes second to his pursuit of knowledge

But there are hints. Even now, he does not mind fear, and he may even start to like being feared as he sees the advantages that such a status might provide. He's starting to see that others his age just aren't on his level, and he resents the general douchebaggery/incompetence of wizardom in general. He may not follow Voldemort, but a misanthrope with his talent could be dangerous, sort of like Snape before he got neutered by Voldemort and Dumbledore, but nowhere near as terrible of a person.

18. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Aw, hell. You've only been posting new stuff HERE? I only got up to chapter 4 by reading on ff.net. Now I have to catch up, curse you!

19. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

This.

I think this story would be cool as hell if it took a Bungle in the Jungle type turn. Except push it even further. He left to go adventuring in Bungle because of everyone messing up his life. I want to see this Harry pissed at the light side for not accepting him and pissed at his family for not accepting his friends or being accepting of his talents for the Dark Arts but still caring about him. Then on the other side I want Harry to realize Voldemort's plan is dumb and just decide to be like you know what? I bet their are a hella lot of old magical ruins around and I am darn curious about magic so I am going to explore them.

Sorta having Harry be like Cassane in Renegade Cause but more neutral towards both sides. Would be interesting if you keep up the sane Voldemort deal and had Harry actually talk on friendly terms with Voldemort in between his adventuring.

I want to see Harry go fight hydras and medusa's in Greece then go to Bulgaria to fight mythical dragons and stuff. Then stop back in the UK every once in awhile and have to juggle both sides. You don't see stories that often that focus on Harry outside of the UK environment that are good unless they are crossovers and just bring Harry into crossover territory.

Feel free to tear my idea apart I am just letting my muse run wild here anyways.

20. Random Shinobi

You mean something like this?

Not open for further replies.