1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DF Fanfic Ideas

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

But to become the Blackstaff, he would first have to a member of the Senior Council. He's a few hundred years too young for that...

2. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I can still dream. :(

3. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

Err... What? McCoy was Blackstaff long before being a Senior Council member...

4. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

This. McCoy got on the Senior Council after the attack on Archangel to replace Simon Petrovich. McCoy would have to vacate the position, but judging by how many Blackstaff journals that isn't something that happens often.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Five words, inspired by one of our more famous authors.

What Would Denarian Harry Do?

6. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You mean a Harry who has grown up with one?
    Well if he has a Denarian like Lasciel I think he would behave very similar to Shezza's Harry. If he has one of the more simple ones I guess they would take over. Unless he gets his Denarian when he is fifteen or something. Sirius is dead, he feels lonely and suddenly a hot (fallen) angel is there to comfort him and offer company, knowledge, immortality and power, all for the small price of his soul.

Is there a story like that? And I don't mean that he is angry at Dumbledore or feels betrayed or something. None of this "manipulative old coot" shit. He just feels sad, lonely and seriously overwhelmed with the prophecy and would take the coin without much thinking.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm really going to have to start using Dresden as my name for Harry Dresden, since everybody apparently assumes I mean a crossover when referring to Harry. To clear things up, I meant Harry Dresden in that sentence, since we have a pretty good telling of what Denarian Potter would do in any given situation already.

8. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

Only a spastic could have thought you were referring to a HP crossover story. Seriously, it's in a thread called DF Fanfic Ideas.

9. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Or someone who's been influenced by Shezza's Denarian series, which is motherfucking everybody. There's more'n a few people that started reading Denarian Renegade before they read any Dresden Files.

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I disagree with that conclusion. Especially after reading Denarian Trilogy we pretty much know What Would Denarian Harry (Potter) Do? so only logical conclusion was that Aekiel meant Harry Dresden. That and it's still thread called DF Fanfic Ideas.;)

And I have an idea for short smut/humor story. When Molly presented herself for Harry he could be more welcoming for her and engage in hot foreplay with her where he basically make her feel good and not allow her do anything for him. And after Molly orgasmed when she's waiting form main action he could ask her "Did it feel good for you". "Yes." "Good, because this was last time for you for very long time..." and proceed with his explanation about why she can't have sex or even play with herself. I think it would be quite funny scene and Harry being Harry still doesn't break (only bend a little) his rules.

11. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I think that's an awful idea and I wouldn't read it.

12. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This HP/Dresden mixup can get very ugly. Since I am more familiar with the Potter universe, well, I think you understand my first interpretation of Celestin's Harry/Molly idea.

Sick.

It would be interesting, though, to see a story of a Denarian or maybe just less moral Dresden the way Slytherin Harry was written in WWSHD... (Was it the same author who wrote that Dresden fic where he's richer and the first scene has Murphy going to visit him and being suspicious?)

13. Celestin

HP interpretation of what I wrote? This is image I really don't want to have in my mind.

Yes, the author of both stories is Big D. As for idea of Dresden from Righteous Man in the Valley (did I get a title right?) it's quite brilliant. Shame it has only about one chapter.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  14. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Ok, this is a very bare-bones idea for a short one shot. It's a Dresden/HP cross. And it situates entirely around a soul-gaze.

It would take place in Dresden style, with him describing a soul gaze with Master of Death!Potter, in which Master of Death would be more literal than figurative. Lots of writers use phrases similar to "I saw death in his eyes." I'm thinking more along the lines of "I saw Death in his eyes."

I know it's not much, and it would literally be either a one-shot or a very short scene in a longer crossover, but the idea has been nagging me and I wanted it out of my mind.

15. Celestin

That reminds me of HP/DF idea I had once. I was thinking of reasons why Potter should interact with Dresden world when if we want assume that they exists in the same realm, wand-wizard probably try to stay away from White Council and rest the same as they stay away from Muggles (but WC would probably know about them).

So I thought - what if being Master of Death means more that we think. What if it's something as being Summer/Winter Queens, someone who has important role in maintaining balance in the world. Now it would be funny to see Harry learning about this part of magical world (because Howgwart's education was more wand-wizard's part of the world oriented) with Harry Dresden as his teacher. They could meet when Harry Potter was in Chicago for some reason and by luck find Dresden advertisement in a phonebook, so he hired him for help.

16. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tiny idea for a Dresden one shot I had since reading the preview chapters for Changes, it's basically what happens if Harry takes Mabs offer as the whole giving into darkness thing that's been mentioned. Harry marching on Duchess Ariana's estate with the Winter Army backing him up and unleashing a frozen apocalypse on the little bloodsuckers.

17. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    But it just wouldn't be Dresden anymore Krogan. :(

18. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh I know, it would be very difficult to write in as a proper story because its very different than Dresden's beliefs, that's why I say it would have to be done like a What If? style one shot like they used to do with comics. I just have the mental image of Harry leading an army of trolls and other nasties on where Arianna is keeping Maggie he blows the door down and she says "You can't do this, this is a violation of the accords, the war with the White Council will resume and we will destroy you all!" and Dresden just says "Wrong bloodsucker, someone else is signing my paychecks now" and then impales her with a seven foot long ice spike.

19. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Well... it would be sorta in character for Dresden to take Mab's offer so he could fuck up the Red Court without it being a Casus Belli against the White Council.

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Discuss.

/filler

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010