1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DF Fanfic Ideas

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Turn Coat: Demonreach Harry (uses power of island to beat Skinwalker)

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well Winter Knight Harry and Denarian Harry are the only two I can see making a fic out of, besides smut I don't know how Harry being Laras thrall could work in the long term or what it would gain him. However him marrying her is a very interesting idea if a properly talented author took it up. Something of a he marries her and gets the White Courts full backing in exchange for him handling any problems of theirs that might arise in the blowing shit up supernatural department.

Winter Knight Harry I could really see happening under the right set of circumstances. You can easily tell that the darker part of Harry wants the power of the Winter Knight but his morals and sheer stubbornness keep him from taking it up. However with the right motivation such as say the life of his daughter hanging in the balance I can really see Harry cutting a deal with Mab, he takes up the mantle and agrees to work for her in exchange for her full assistance in saving his daughters life.

Denarian Harry is harder for me to in-vision but I would still say its possible for pretty much the exact same as Winter Knight Harry is, the darker part of Harry wants the power it would bring him but in this case both his morals/stubbornness and his previous experiences with the other Knights of the Blackened Denarius keep him from taking the coin. I think it was Big D who wrote the only fic I ever could seriously see as a plausible way of Harry taking a coin. It was in the museum meeting with Nicodemus and things went much worse for Harry and Nicodemus tore out his heart, before he died his other self came to him in his mind and told him that he still knew how to summon the coin and reminded him that the Denarians were going to take Ivy and do terrible things to her unless he stopped them and so Harry took the coin. Unfortunately the bastard abandoned it relatively early on.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jesus Christ I just got the most epic image of Mab herself turning up to turn Duchess Arianna's mansion into a desolate wasteland, smiting (and that is definitely the right word for what Mab would do to them) Red Court vampires left and right and generally just being unstoppable. It. Would. Be. Awesome.

4. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It...It...It must be done, I haven't the skills to properly capture the awesome of this scene but considering where we are I'm sure someone does.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

6. Hello

Hello Professor

Another idea I would personally like to see would be if Susan had given Dresden the kid right after she had it...which means we would have a overprotective father Dresden who kills anything that looks at her wrong...imagine changing diapers while fighting off zombies and other monsters. Totally awesome.

7. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

Heh, Harry doesn't have to become Winter Knight for that. He just has to offer Mab his firstborn child in return for whatever. Mab then has to protect her interests. Let the good times roll.

8. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Yes, because offering his firstborn child to Mab is something that Harry would do before taking mantle of Winter Knight.

9. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Harry's all about sacrificing innocents for the greater good, after all. And it's not like family is especially meaningful to him or anything.

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

..You know what I want to see? Lea Raised!Dresden.

Epic Oedipus in the making.

Fire, Force and Wind becomes Ice, Darkness and Wind. :3

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's only one small problem with that. Lea would rather turn Dresden into a dog.

EDIT: Thinking on it a bit more, it's actually a pretty interesting idea, assuming Harry isn't turned into a dog. He would necessarily be a master of deception and would be a major asset to Lea simply because he can lie and she cannot. He'd also likely have a direct inroad to the Winter Knight Mantle and the moral flexibility to take it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  12. Jon

I imagine lea only wnats to turn dresden into a dog because she didn't raise and shape him to her desires, and thus assumes he'd go against her. So, yeah, she wouldn't dog him if she was already assured of his loyalty.

Not to say he doesn't stray from the path she sets for him, of course. :awesome

13. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

This is a really cool idea. I wonder what excuse Lea had not doing this in the bookverse. I mean she was Harry's godmother and having a extremely powerfull wizard like Harry consider her his "mother" would surely have been a major boost in status for Lea. Especially due to the whole outsiderbane thing.

Now I wish someone skilled would write a story based on this. :)

14. Maijril

Maijril Muggle

Therein lies the problem. It would be a major boost in status for Lea. I imagine the situation would end up similar to what happened when Lea got that knife. And turning Kid!Harry over to Mab would probably go against her, admittedly small, godmotherly-ness.

15. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

I figure if Mab thought that having Harry raised by Lea would make him more likely to accept the Winter Knight position in the future, she would have been more than happy with the arrangement. Whatever boost Lea got over Mab would have been neutralised once Harry became a Winter Knight and fell under Mab's authority. This assumes ofcourse that Mab knows about Harry being special at the time already, but even if not an extremely powerfull wizard as a WK would probably still be usefull. And ofcourse Lea would end up with a wizard/knight with some affection towards her which would only be beneficial so even if she suspected that Harry would eventually "leave" her to become WK, she would still gain.

16. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

A Lea raised Harry would be pretty badass, but what could probably top this:
    A Nicodemus raised Harry

I have a few possible ideas how that could go...

One: Nick knows Harry's mother good enough to be early on interested in the childe, maybe some kind of twisted deal to protect him from the white king something along those lines...

Two: For Harry to keep some more of his Harry-ness (but not all, because he didn't get through the whole Council-shit and the to the farm) Nicodemus meets Harry after he kills his master and offers him a way to protect himself from the white Council that is hunting him...
    getting himself out of their juristication you could say.

Three: Probably more of an One-shot or a short chapter story, 'cause it would be pretty hard to think of a really long story with a plot that makes sense, but who knows? so Nick travels (somehow) back in time
    a) only his knowledge of the future goes with him (not the memory of the Fallen!)
    b) the knowledge of both goes back
    c) he goes all the way, his body, memories, Fallen, everything (could be interesting to see if the two Nicks would team up or fight against each other)
    And one part of his new ultimate plan to do whatever he plans to do this time is to get an early start at molding Harry's character and his whole being. It could be shortly after his birth, the death of his farther, etc.

It could be interesting to read and a possible 'enemy' besides the church could be the Black Council...there would still be Lea...and the whole Outsider issue.

17. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

18. Jon

Yes.

Gilgamesh.

Awesome.

19. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Mab probably has a thousand subtler ways to do it :p.

20. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch