1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Sonic: Warhammer 40,000 by Emperor Justin - M

Discussion in 'Games' started by ReverseSide, May 14, 2010.

1. ReverseSide

ReverseSide Slug Club Member

Title: Sonic: Warhammer 40,000
    Author: Emperor Justin
    Rating: M
    Genre: Crossover(obvious) Adventure/Sci-fi
    Summary: The Emperor's finest have been sucked through the Warp to a mysterious planet filled with mutants and heretics. They will cleanse in His Name. Will they succeed, or will Sonic stop them? Yeah, they're Space Marines. They'll probably succeed.
    Find it here.

This is a strange, strange combination of fandoms. Despite this, it's very well written, and the grittiness from the 40K universe isn't diminished at all. Pretty much everybody dies, and dies horrifically.

They only gripe I have with this story is the total curb-stomp dealt out by the Space Marines (gee, who could have guessed). The story suffers some tension loss because of this.

And yet, even with all it's flaws, it's still a decent read (grammatically sound, etc.), and held me entertained for however long it took me to read it. Maybe DLP will like it, maybe not, but I'm throwing it out here just in case. 4/5 from me. Sometimes, the weirdest combination is the best combination.

Edit: Whoops. I accidentally put this in the wrong For Review section. Would a mod please move it?

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Sonic, as in Sonic the Hedgehog? Really?

No thanks.

3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Dude, they're Space Marines. If they didn't curbstomp a fucking hedgehog and various constructions that can be defeated by a fucking woodland animal jumping on it, they'd be so far out of character they might as well be mincing and speaking with a lisp.

4. ReverseSide

ReverseSide Slug Club Member

Hearin' you loud and clear. I'm just pointing out that it detracts tension from the story, is all.

5. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I- Eh?

what is this i dont even...

6. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I think I am seeing a fad with WH40k. It can be crossover-ed with everything. Kind of like something else I'm familiar with...

Save WH40k usually makes everything awesome.

As to the fic, not bad. 3.5/5. Rounded up I'd say a 4/5. Grammar's not too shabby, one of two awkward sentences. Creative in a satirical way, kind of the way I took it anyway. I think would have better served as a one shot in my opinion.

7. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

These crossover writers turn out to be really good writers for some reason. 4/5. It is a curbstomp fic so far, with the marines taking out the entire critter military. I don't buy that they can't dominate the whole city, it seems like they can single-handedly murder every single inhabitant to the very last person, whether they run out of ammo or not.

8. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Read the first chapter, and was massively put off by the fact that the Marine sergeant was acting... well, human, about the losses taken in the battle.

Space Marines don't. They gave their lives for the Emperor, and their gene-seed was successfully recovered. That's a happy ending as far as the Marines are concerned. Maybe it's just my extremely canon-aware ass speaking, though, so I'll put off rating it until everyone else has had their two cents.