1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

BF: Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, May 15, 2010.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Pirated s copy before I blew 60$ on it,

First impressions from the first few levels of the campaign:

First level... omfg this was horrible. The guns made me want to start mashing delete. Couldn't skip the opening movie, couldn't run until the game told you how to, Drove me nuts.

After that:
    They overused fog or something, there's a constant haze that is annoying as fuck. Everything seems slightly washed out. The snow level had me dying like a bergillion times, the snow would kick up and I couldn't see what the hell I was aiming at for shit.

Inaccurate weapons, I read this in reviews and didn't believe it. Yep. Fuck iron sights, and your stupid little arrow zoom, give me crosshairs and nasty recoil. I've read as I googled it, it's designed like this, spray and pray weapons are fucking fail. I used to be able to hold down whole hallways with my assault dude in Bf2142, now it's random if my bullets hit anywhere near I'm aiming?

So far the game feels and plays like a direct console port, and not the uber tight aiming we're used to on FPS designed for the PC. Small, contained, boxed in maps are what I've seen so far, instead of widespread stuff. Maybe multiplayer will change this. But from what I'm reading, not so much, it's just camp camp camp.

Tempted to reinstall 2142 and see if it's still alive. Bf2 was awesome, but the jet and helicopter whorage was just too gamebreakingly overpowered.

Going back in, with a fucking god mode cheat, tired of dying because my shotgun blast point blank didn't kill the dude on the second shot so I got unloaded on with a auto, lol.

2. El Scorcho

El Scorcho First Year

Don't judge Bad Company by it's campaign; Multiplayer is where it shines.

Play the Rush mode. Get to play in some huuuge maps

3. Midknight

Ah, but it's controls would be the same, the graphics the same. So it's a fair comparison for the most part.

The maps get bigger? Good. But there's no fixing the retarded ass spray guns unless you get better via unlocks, which I've always hated.

4. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    I forgot BC2 had a campaign, I've had it since the Beta and as of yet I haven't even opened up the single player tab.

Multiplayer is where it is at and believe me, the amount of fun you can have in this game exceeds almost any other game of its type. It is a bit frustrating for the first few levels however.

As for the guns, you need to stop using them like you would in MW2 or games of that ilk, you can't spray them except at extremely close ranges. They lend themselves much better to tap-firing.

The unlock system? Of the four class types, only the assault class's starting weapon is especially gimped compared to later unlocks, but the assault class in itself is a little Under Powered overall in my opinion. The PKM for the medic is one of the best options, the m24 has always been pretty good and with the recent patch that balanced all the sniper rifles to be pretty much the same, a stupid decision but w/e, its as good as any of the later unlocks. And the engineer's starting SMG is also pretty damn effective and only a couple of the later unlocks stack up. But with the engineer you are gonna be using Carl "the motherfucker" gustav for most of your kills anyway.

5. Midknight

I'm tap firing. From 10 feet away. Zoomed in at the head, still takes 2+ shots.

*shrug* It just seems weak atm, I'll play again later.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Fuck off Assault is underpowered.

They're the only class who can pop out an ammo kit and constantly spam grenades. -_-

7. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Yeah but rifle grenades got nerfed pretty bad in the last patch and to be quite honest, I never really found them that amazing before the patch. If you are talking normal grenades, the refill time on them is ridiculous so spam it is not.

Assault just doesn't have the point whoring ability of a medic, or the ridiculousness of the CG for engineers.

But actually I will concede that they are not as underpowered as they used to be with the balancing of the m60 and all the sniper rifles.

Thinking on it I spose I would actually consider recon underpowered now. Hopefully that will change in the next patch.

8. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

You really thought that rifle grenades were underpowered? I got the platinum star in that rather quickly. I really don't think that assault is underpowered at all. At first it does kind of suck but after a couple of unlocks, the second gun and the red dot sight, then your golden. IMO, nothing beats either the AN-94 or M16 with a red dot sight (M416 is a close third). Also, Gustav = the most overpowered thing this side of tanks lol.

Personally, I found it to be a massive improvement over bf2.

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I judge every game by it's Single Player because games are, first and foremost, THAT. What happens when I Am Legend comes and all you have is MAG?

10. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

I'm gonna have to disagree. I primarily play games online now and how enjoyable the online play is is what really matters to me.

11. kevo125

kevo125 Second Year

I primarily buy games for their multiplayer. But if the single player is really good or if i played it somewhere else and thought it was amazing then i buy for the single player.

Only reason i bought this game was because i have the first one and i thought it was amazing. But this one isnt as good: single and multi player are worse off so im a bit pissed that i wasted money on it.

12. Midknight

I download even the multiplayer games and judge their graphics, and controls, which do not change online. So far, I'm seeing a fuckton of shitty weapons, a player that drops like a sack of fucking bricks way too fast for normal difficulty, and wobbly ass weapons.

Not seeming to be something worth spending 50$ on to play online on anything other then a console.

13. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Carl Gustav is a terror. That shit isnt just regulated to anti-armor, its anti-personnel too considering one of the specialties is increased rockets. So like the RPG gets from 4 to 7, CG to 5 I think. and the AT4 to 4 I think. But yeah, mostly people dont really die from bullets specially when not playing on hardcore. You mostly die from the explosions.

Also I paid like 40 USD for this game. Got a coupon off the store. :D

Last edited: May 24, 2010