1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fable 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Sacrosanct, May 17, 2010.

1. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

Fable 3 is to be released in the 4th quarter of 2010.

Let's list the main differences between the previous Fables

• There is a new aspect to the morality morphing called "extreme morphing"; if you are a bad person and you do an awesome move demon wings will sprout from your back (inb4 Denarian Renegade comparison) the wings don't do anything, they just look pretty
    • There aren't a huge selection of weapons anymore, instead you start off with a blank canvas as a weapon and as you change the weapon change ie if your good lots of blue, gold and white if your evil lots of red and black
    • It is set in the industrial era
    • It is roughly 50 years after Fable 2 and you are the son/daughter of your Fable 2 character
    • You can load your Fable 2 files into fable 3 so that when you interact with you parent they really are your Fable 2 character
    • You are working to overthrow a dictator of Albion but that's only half the story
    • After you overthrow the dictator you take over and you can be a good leader or a bad leader
    • And finally, dynamic expressions, previously when you interacted with someone you would smile at the m or do the arm pump and that was it but now you can touch people you can hold hands with your girlfriend and if someone is annoying you, you can just slap them upsides the head
    What do you think of Fable 3?

Here are some videos (some with gameplay) if you want to check it out yourself.

Fable 3 Debut Trailer
    Interview with Molyneux
    Fable 3 Trailer and Review

So, DLP, Fable 3; Fail or Win?

I'm going to give it a 3/5. Mainly because I'm being cautious considering all the hype over Fable 2 turned out to be a bit of a flunk I think this will be the same.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I don't give a fuck about Fable as long as it isn't on the PC. :\

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You do realise that the gameplay in the third video was from Fable 2, right? You could tell, because of the honking great message saying 'This is Fable 2 gameplay'...

Anyway, I am looking forward to this. I never really played Fable 1, but I loved 2, for all its flaws. Whatever else you can say about it, it was great fun. So yeah, definitely keeping an eye on this.

4. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Couldn't stand the first Fable, and I will never play another Fable game until they get themselves up to par with Bioware with storytelling ability and morality choices. Following a set good/evil path just sucks.

5. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eh it could be interesting, I have a fondness for the Fable series so Im most likely going to give this a shot however I am very wary about this new gameplay style Molyneaux keeps rambling about that makes it much more of an RTS style than the RPG style of previous games.

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Fucking loved Fable 1 and am digging this. Just hope it's on some other platform than 360.

7. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

I'll probrably end up buying it, completing it in a couple of days, before letting it gather dust on my shelf, like the prior 2.

Still it looks shitloads better than Fable 2, combat seems to have alot more when it comes to melee and spells, haven't seen any ranged combat gameplay yet. Not too sure how I feel about the 'weapon evolution system' yet.

The game seems to pick up after you become king it seems, you get to go to war with the rival country; I hope we'll be seeing some large scale combat.

At least the customization looks better.

8. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

You can't really compare Fable to anything Bioware does considering it's aim was more fun than serious. That said, I'm stoked. Loved the first two. Love how your previous character is your father. I'm dreading the bugs. For all the cool that was Fable 2, it was too damn buggy, even with the patch that fixed the game killers.

And don't pay attention to anything Molyneaux says. He hypes things too much. :p.

9. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Fable 2 was a massive disappointment, beat that shit in like 2 hours, now Fable 1 on the other hand was just epic. Hopefully this won't be a repeat of failure.

10. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

Unfortunately, I just discovered that Fable 3 is exclusively 360 and always will be.

Considering I only have a PC this is a huge disappointment.

I guess I'll just have to get a geeky friend who will give me his 360 if I flash him. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  11. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Or 15 geeky friends that will give you 20$ each. :awesome

On topic, rating the game on a cinematic trailer is kind of silly. I'll wait until more information is released.

12. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

My rating was more a prospective rating ie what I expect it to be.

You're not actually rating the game itself just giving us an idea of how excited/pumped about it you are.

So 5/5 is :banana:

3/5 is -_-

and 0/5 is :microwave:

/smiley abuse (I just wanted an excuse to use the banana)

13. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

This, mostly.

As far as I can tell there aren't really any other games quite like what Fable supposedly is. You have your character and your actions seriously influence the game and you grow up and become good/evil etc.

I tried Oblivion but I just couldn't get into it. Haven't heard of any other similar suggestions for the PC so if you know of something lemme know.

I haven't played the games so I don't really know, but I thought the point was that there wasn't a "set" good/evil path but rather a multitude of minor actions that resulted in which you ended up. I also thought you could end up with things like "slightly evil" or "really effing evil" or "morally ambiguous" or "saint" instead of just 2 options.

Are these Bioware games you speak of story-oriented RPGs or something else?

Correct me if I'm wrong, because then I can quit being irritable that I can't play it.

Fable3 looks fun though.

14. Terrai

Terrai Second Year

I never enjoyed the Fable series too much, as the whole factor of "choice" was not choice in my opinion. To follow a linear path of good or evil where you either turn into a saint, or a demon becomes kind of boring... and linear. I played the two previous games of Fable out of sheer boredom and it increasingly got worse from 1 - 2.

Fable was decently entertaining until I turned into a sadistic masochist with horns and gray skin, while simultaneously eating babies :awesome

Fable II was extremely short and even more face-palming linear fail that I couldn't critically think for the duration of the playtime.

Thankfully Fable III won't be out on PC so I won't be tempted to slap myself unconscious when I reach a state of critical boredom.

15. azrael

azrael Professor

Not sure how that follows, as Fable II was never on PC either.

Anyway, I am somewhat excited, as I enjoyed both the previous Fable games, even though the second was disappointingly short.

16. reggin

reggin Filthy Half-Breed DLP Supporter

I'll be pre-ordering this definitely as long as it doesn't require NATAL. I like my controller playing self.

And it's unpossible to beat Fable 2 in anything short of 4 hours. I've tried.

17. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

My brother broke my Fable 2 disk a week ago, so I am pretty excited about this. Possibly going to make it an early Christmas present from him.

18. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Story-orientated RPG's. Knights of the Old Republic is pretty awesome. KoToR 2 is great, but buggy as all hell.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are much better and are for PC and X-Box 360. I recommend both, though the second is much more character driven.

Also, don't know why people are saying Fable 2 was so short. The main campaign was meant to be short, but all the fun stuff on the side, getting married, buying ALL THE houses and bussineses, bringing the dead body parts of Lady Grey back together so you can marry her, made me sink tons of hours into it.

19. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bonus points if you read those with the voice inflections. Yeah, playing Fable Two too long did that to me too.

Still though, it was a good game. I'll look forward to trying Fable Three.

20. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Lol girls don't play games.

But seriously, I am really looking forward to this. I think they are making the online for more player, 2-8 maybe?

Last edited: May 17, 2010