1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Dark Belra, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's part of the reason why I put so many of my own personal points into Adrenaline Rush and used my fully researched Sniper Rifle, with two well placed shots even on Insane I could bring them down but you need Adrenaline Rush to be able have the time to sit there and aim for the head.

2. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Fuck you. I'm doing insanity now as a Vanguard and it's sucking balls. Before anyone says anything about rushing in.....I don't. LOL. That failed on the first three times. Thinking about going back and doing Sentinel with it, though.

Also, Kasumi's main shadow strike ability is pretty fucking sweet.

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I played through as a soldier first time round, and a mix of assault rifle and the Collector laser served me well. I rotated Grunt, Jack, Garrus and Mordin in the team for the most part, which served me pretty well. Only mission I had any major trouble with was the
    dead Reaper
    , which took me ages (well, that and the side-mission you can do for Liara, but that was because of a glitch). Oh, and I managed to keep everyone alive and save all of my crew.

I've got to say though, I'm enjoying it much more on my second playthrough. Tried vanguard, and it's crazy fun. Much more interesting than soldier, and a bit more of a challenge, with the limited weapon set.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
  4. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Nice use of spoiler tags shiny....

5. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Shit. Sorry about that, I didn't think.

6. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Like I said. Miranda and mordin are like gods in this game. Just warp and burn anything and if what krogan said is true, snipe everyhing else and you're sorted. Once the needed skills are maxed, nothing stands for very long.

7. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Just beat the new ME2 DLC: Lair of the Shadow Broker. Holy shit it's actually awesome.

Cost $10, and totally worth it. I beat it in four hours, and it's easily the best Bioware DLC released to date. The environments were clearly created just for this DLC, the story is engaging and entertaining, and you get to have Liara again as a playable character!

All in all, this DLC was better than the other game I just bought, Kane & Lynch 2, for 1/6 the price. If Bioware is putting this kind of work into DA 2 and ME 3, I can't wait for those two to come out.

8. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

For some reason this never occured to me.

9. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meh. It's only a plot hole if you get the Thanix Cannon long before you get ready to do the suicide mission. If you get it just before you go through the relay, ignoring it up until then, it's not so much a glaring issue.

That's what I do to justify it anyway. :rolleyes:

10. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

12. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Played it, and beat it, on hardcore. Thing was fucking epic the files the Shadow broker had on all of you're team mates was interesting, specifically Miranda and Grunts. I also loved Shepperd's quip to Liara about missing Omni Gel. Damn you security upgrades!!!!:awesome

13. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

Any ideas for a good team with an Adept?

I'm sick of playing Soldiers.

14. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Grunt/Zaeed and either Garrus/Miranda.

15. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

Thanks. Heh. I always used Garrus/Miranda anyways. And everytime I saw a heavy mech I cried.

Though...I got pretty decent at headshots now.

16. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Well, I definitely meant: Use Grunt and Miranda or Grunt and Garrus or replace Grunt with Zaeed. Grunt and Zaeed make good combat heavy characters... especially Grunt. Garrus and Miranda provide you with the Overload you never definitely need.

17. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

Yeah I always found it to be worthless most times. Whenever I used it on those giant Mechs it never seemed to do anything D:

Though after Adept should I play an Engineer, Sentinel or Infiltrator? I have recently discovered my love of the sniper rifle.

18. Darje

Darje Groundskeeper

When I played infiltrator on that difficulty right above normal (was it veteran? I can't remember) I could take down heavy mechs with a series of head shots while my squad mates kept me covered from the other enemies in the area. Make sure to switch ammo powers to maximize your damage against shields/armor.

19. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Pretty much this. I played Infiltrator my first play through. Twas pretty fun, actually. But a word of warning, any sniper rifle with a clip of more than one is pretty much entirely useless.

The Widow, on the ship later in the game is probably the best one. Using Disruptor/warp/armor-piercing and assassination cloak, you can one-shot 90% of the things you run into if you've been upgrading consistently up to that point.

20. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Sentinel is definitely the most interesting class to use in my opinion, not to mention the easiest. I played it on Hardcore a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast. With Tech Armor you can pretty much jump into the fray as much as you want, although sometimes with some dramatic dives into cover when the armor explodes and you have to recharge. Probably the only class where I want to max out every ability.

Definitely true, although the Mantis will go a long way with upgrades, even on Insanity. I think, I was near midways through the came when it couldn't one-shot enemies anymore.