1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v5.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Sep 14, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Walrus

Walrus First Year

A combination of atrocious slash, creature fics, unbelievability and poor grammar.

6. I just wanted to ask » by evil minded reviews AU / With Voldemort on his back and some other things that always nearly killed him, Harry hadn't had many experiences when it came to – sex. So whom will he ask anything about it when he begins to get interested?Rated: M - English - Hurt/Comfort/Romance - Chapters: 11 - Words: 77,293 - Reviews: 259 - Updated: 6-18-10 - Published: 2-1-10 - Harry P. & Severus S.

11. Details that change a life » by bluerose88 reviews A new nurse arrive at Hogwarts and everything change! What will happen now? spanking later onRated: T - English - Chapters: 9 - Words: 28,598 - Reviews: 25 - Updated: 6-18-10 - Published: 1-25-10 - Harry P. & Severus S.

26. Harry potter and the saviour of the light » by adurna-reader reviews au. Harry was raised by sirus and remus and not the dursly. didn't go to hogwarts until fourth year.has some of the hp sereies in it. starts summer before year four hogwarts has found harry potter grey harry.. Disclaimer- I do not own Harry Potter.Rated: M - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 24 - Words: 116,964 - Reviews: 72 - Updated: 6-18-10 - Published: 5-11-10 - Harry P. & Blaise Z.

34. Marriage? » by Kat100666 reviews Dumbledore believes when he hands Harry potter over to the Dark lord as a spouse that every thing will work out for the better, what happens when Harry actually falls in love with his husband? Marriage, Mpreg, Slash.Rated: M - English - Romance/Family - Chapters: 20 - Words: 23,700 - Reviews: 68 - Updated: 6-18-10 - Published: 6-5-10 - Harry P. & Tom R. Jr.

116. Hear no Draco, See no Draco, Speak not of Draco » by 3 Twisted Brothers reviews If you think that veelas are posseive, then vampires are ten times as worse. And poor Draco as both types of blood running though his veins.Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 10 - Words: 26,330 - Reviews: 96 - Updated: 6-17-10 - Published: 7-2-09 - Draco M. & Hermione G.

2. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

What the fuck?

^ This is what really gets me. Non-sequitur much?
    How do you go from some random new staff to most-likely-yaoi?
    *Throws up arms in frustration and walks away disgusted*

Look what I found:

Look at the review count.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  3. Walrus

Walrus First Year

8. Year Of The Snake » by AlbinoF0x reviews Harry, never understood why the Basilisk saved his life in the Chamber. at times he wishes it hadn't. years later, he finds himself in the Chamber once more while hiding from a furious Malfoy after recovering from Snapes curse. Harry/Basilisk AU OOCRated: M - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 8 - Words: 45,053 - Reviews: 86 - Updated: 6-18-10 - Published: 4-7-10 - Harry P. & OC

I am not sure whether this falls under 'Worst Fanfic Summaries' or 'WTF fics' or both. Saw the summary, lol'd but decided not to click. Wonder if it's smutty... how on earth would that work?

4. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Yeaaaaah, I'm going to go with WTF more than Worst Summaries on this one. Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

5. Walrus

Walrus First Year

You're a braver person than I am. I saw Harry/Basilisk and didn't open it. That excerpt made me wonder what was going on in that author's twisted mind. Will go ahead and post in the WTF thread now.

Edit to add some of these awful ones for good measure:

4. Someone to Protect Him » by Lovefremione reviews Dumbledore ignores Harry's pleas to leave the abusive Dursley's, and Harry's friends take action. Ron and the twins go to their older brother Charlie for help, and he readily agrees after hearing about the abuse.Abuse,underage sex, HP/CW, eventual mpreg.Rated: M - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 16 - Words: 52,105 - Reviews: 443 - Updated: 6-7-10 - Published: 2-20-10 - Harry P. & Charlie W.

5. Pride and Prejudice » by HarrySnapeAlways reviews AU/OOC Two couples LM/SB,SS/RL don't want to send Harry to the muggles.They do but send elf, and come tutor him,Albus unaware. Slyth. Harry comes to school smart/powerful. dumbledore/some weasleys bashing.warn slash, maybe mpregRated: M - English - Friendship/Family - Chapters: 52 - Words: 68,924 - Reviews: 793 - Updated: 5-12-10 - Published: 7-29-09 - Harry P. & Viktor K. - Complete

Awesomely bad, poorly written mpreg slashy fics found when searching for manipulative Dumbledore fic. Look at those review counts!

Started reading the first few chapters for giggles but couldn't take it any more. Just gross. The first one features a submissive 13 year old Harry having sex with Charlie Weasley, for a start.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  6. happilyeverafter

happilyeverafter Sixth Year

A Female for Two Hours by Opalay Saturday reviews
    After his classes are over, Harry goes to Dumbledore's office so Dumbledore for no reason decide to change Harry's gender for two hours to see how Harry feels as the opposite sexes

What a descriptive summary...

7. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I... want a Welf.

8. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I especially like this review:

9. happilyeverafter

What could you do as a "sequal" how could it measure up to the amazing piece of writing?

10. Dark Minion

Turning Ginevra into Ginevar of course.

11. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

This fic is awesome.

In the first chapter he visits Gringotts and does an Inheritance Ritual, aside from being the heir to Gryffindor and Slytherin as well as owning half of England he apparently inherited:

He probably could open up a zoo. Or build an ark.

12. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

^ Sounds more like he ought to be making a magical omelette.

13. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

No, not an omelette he should bake a magic cake.

14. Dark Minion

Snape Gets A Day Off » by smorez614
    Snape gets a day off and watches Degrassi and goes to a water park and does other things.
    Rated: K+ - English - Humor - Chapters: 4 - Words: 1,004 - Updated: 6-25-10 - Published: 6-24-10 - Severus S.

Notice: It's already two days old but didn't receive any reviews yet.

15. Arbiter

Arbiter Groundskeeper

16. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

That is surprising.

17. Portus

Portus Heir

You say that as if there's any other type.

The question is, would it be a magical lie?

To add to the topic - sort of, 'cause this one more than deserves to go in the Awesomely Bad fics thread, simply from my forcing myself through the first chapter - I give you:

Beginning a New Path

by stargatesg1fan1 2 ReviewsMassive crossover between Harry Potter/Buffy/Stargate/Star Trek Enterprise/X-Men/Fantastic Four/Iron Man/Highlander/Justice League/Underworld/Star Wars in that order. Full summary inside. Harem, Aw...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Crossover,Erotica,Sci-fi - Characters: Fleur,Harry,Hermione,Lily,Tonks - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [?] [Y] - Published: 2010/06/26 - Updated: 2010/06/26 - 4640 words

Anyone wishing to seriously follow this travesty would need a score card to keep up, with that many different fandoms supposedly rolled in. I read the first chapter, eyes bleeding and brain pleading with me to stop, to see what to say about it. It's basically a 13-year-old's mental masturbation set to keystrokes.

This will make you laugh, especially if you actually read any of the story:

Three internets to anyone who can be fucked to venture past chapter one.

And this is from the author's response to a review:

If I didn't know any better, I'd think FicWad was developing standards!

18. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    ^ Awesomely lulzy, and no. I didn't get past the first chapter. I'm tempted to though, just to see the utter trainwreck that this will be:

EDIT: Oh my God...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  19. happilyeverafter

He could open up a zoo with his animagus forms:

I quite like how he also owns

And my God, what original names!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  20. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I cheated and went into the last chapter. I found this.

I just laughed.

Not open for further replies.