1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I think this was suggested by someone but I don't think Santi has said so yet.

Personally I hope we don't see a full time skip. I'm enjoying the story as it is and don't feel a need to rush through to fourth year (though I can't wait to read it).

I can see a case for going through the rest slightly faster in order to get there, but actually doing a time skip? I hope not.

Though if he decides to do it I'm sure Santi will do it well.

2. cataclysim

cataclysim Second Year

I am hoping that Santi covers the third year as he has to show Harry is capable enough to to enter the triwizard tournament, so the coming year should be very important. We can see in this story that Victor is not academically very bright so the chances of him being the triwizard champion is very low, at least i hope that they are low.

The occlumency training scene was done very good.Looking forward to moar!!
    The Force is indeed with you Santi :) and i am hoping that the dark side is stronger.

3. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

How so? The tournament is not about who knows most magic, and even if it was, there would still be at least a few seventh years that are, in absolute terms, better in magic than Harry.

But yeah, Harry is going to be the Durmstrang champion. No other choice would make any sense storywise.

4. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Ever since Harry made the move to Durmstrang I've been expecting that his and Nathan's names would both come out as representatives of two additional schools.

5. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Given that Harry is the protagonist and there's no reason necessarily to have Voldemort attempt resurrection by the same crazy scheme, it's possible that there would be no incentive to actually put Nathan in the tournament. In fact, in terms of creating a legitimate schism between the two without the classic arrogant!other-boy-who-lived, having the 'nonhero' brother be in the tournament and not the other could have ramifications as large if not larger than if they were in direct competition. Rita alone would drive the wedge as far as it would go, and combine that with international prestige on the line...

ONLY SOLUTION IS SANTI: WRITE MOAR!!!

6. John Hopkins

John Hopkins First Year

I wonder if its a good thing for Santi to hear everyone thinking so far ahead of where the story actually is. I hope he doesn't become too influenced by all of the talk by his peers concerning future events in the plot. Not saying I dislike the discussion, I just hope he can still have an un-mutilated imagination when he writes.

Fantastic story Santi, much more refined then some of your earlier works.

7. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Hey Santi,

I just finished reading this in its entirety, and I've got to say, way to go on writing a great story.

Awesome ideas, awesome description, and awesome differences from canon - though I do admit that we know too little about Nathan Potter, except that we have a somewhat unlikable perspective on him, and that he's done a bunch of stuff that Harry from canon has done. I'd like to see more of him, and also see how interacting with Harry the prodigy (maybe through a few letters?) could influence/change the canonical Hermione. Wouldn't be the first Hogwarts/Durmstrang coalition that produced some great advances in magic, even if the last one may have caused World War II.

I'll keep it brief since I'm constantly being yelled at by people here to write my own stories again, but I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed the story, and am looking forward to many future updates.

Cheers!

Kevin

8. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Seventh Year DLP Supporter

^ What he said

I enjoyed this a great deal. Just finished reading it through and I really like where it's going so far. Part of what makes this so awesome is that the characterizations seem believable (if that's the right word) and really well developed. You've taken a couple of OCs, one largely unexplored character, and an unfamiliar setting and have crafted something that both seems very much like Harry Potter, yet is at the same time refreshingly different.

Kudos, 5/5.

9. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

I can't wait to see everyone's reactions to Harry's discovery. FUCK YEAH.

The Santi, get well soon!

10. KillerEggLord

KillerEggLord Third Year

60+ Pages is to many to scroll through to find what you are trying to read.
    First Eight Chapters are from FF.net, on the assumption that they are the proper edited chapters.

Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived
    Chapter 1: An Alternate Beginning
    Chapter 2: Hogwarts Fall
    Chapter 3: Choices
    Chapter 4: Durmstrang Spring, Part 1
    Chapter 5: Durmstrang Spring, Part 2
    Chapter 6: Durmstrang Spring, Part 3
    Chapter 7: Summer at the Hollow
    Chapter 8: Rising Expectations and Raising Questions
    Chapter 9: Part 1
    Chapter 9: Part 2
    Chapter 9: Part 3
    Chapter 10: Part 1
    Chapter 10: Part 2

Transfiguration Redo

Edit: Thanks to Yak for showing me how to fix the default post per page problem, while keeping a thread based view.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  11. CleanRag

CleanRag Professor

Right there is the perfect solution for everyone complaining about the amount of discussion.

12. Vorpal

Vorpal Third Year

Except that it doesn't link to the actual posts, but the thread page numbers, and so don't work correctly for people using non-default board settings. For example, this thread doesn't have have pages 45 or 59 or whatever on my screen.

Protip: use the link on the top-right of each post showing the post number instead.

Chapter 9: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Transfiguration Rewrite
    Chapter 10: Part 1

Rin, yak
  13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

... so instead of scouring the thread looking for story posts, we scour the thread looking for posts that link to story posts. Awesome.

14. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Or a super awesome mod, such as yourself, edits the first post of the thread and adds the index to it ;)

15. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Can't you just search by Santi's posts in this thread somehow?

16. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How does it even matter? I've got 32 pages in this thread (much more manageable than the odd 60), and I'd never need to search anything except the last chapter or so because I could just go to ffnet, as God and Santi intended.

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Or you're all just giant faggots.

18. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh for fuck's sake. Can't we just make a separate thread and end this moaning?

19. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

Absolutely not!

*moans in Seratin's ears*

20. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yes, everyone should definitely increase their default post-per-page count. 20 posts/page is too little.

Not open for further replies.