1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Power Known Not by Emikae - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Antivash, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title: The Power Known Not
    Author: Emikae
    Rating: T
    Link:The Power Known Not
    Summary: When vampires come calling at 4 Privet Drive, what fate is in store for Harry Potter? Sixth year, no slash, vampires, and other fun stuff!

Not Bad... Vamp!Harry and its not slash... its got its share fo Cliches ... like sirius coming back to life but most are overlookable... no pairing yet though it looks ot be heading down the H/Hr path... could change though .. I say give it a whirl...

2. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Er, Vash, whilst your rather... colourful... link works fine, you've spelt the title wrong. Knowm should be Known

I can stomach H/Hr as long as it ain't too bad, and vampire Harry not taking it up the brown eye sounds cool too.

I'll give it a whirl.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Me too. Like Vampire!Harry and the pairing doesnt bother me.

4. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Never really liked the VampHarry fics I have tried to read, but I will give it a try.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

meh.. shut up bastard... it was 5.30 .. i just woke up...

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I started reading this when it was first posted... for some reason I stopped. Can't remember why but normally I have a good reason too.

7. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I've only read the first two chapters so far and will read the rest later. Seems to me that Harry comes round to being a vampire way too early and the conversations, at least from what I have read so far, seem like there forced.

Perhaps thats why you didn't read on Syaoran, or perhaps you've got further into the story than me and found something really annoying.

I'll keep reading this next time I have chance and post what I think then.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I think it was how they talked but I still cant remember. Not going to try and re-read though.

9. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I give up!

Why the hell is Snape acting all nice to Hermione? Theres no explanation at all behind it.
    Dialog, theres too much of it and everybody seems out of character especially Snape and Hermione. That whole part with Buckbeak I was cringing, she was like a upset toddler sulking.

I dunno somebody else might like it, but I give up.

10. DaytonDeusBlack

DaytonDeusBlack Seventh Year

Like......wow! This fic is pretty good. Some of you might not like it but in my opinion, it's great!

11. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

This story is terrible - not even worthy of the bin.

Harry is beaten to the point of death by Vernon, and in a remarkable coincidence, the most powerful vampire leader in Britain decides to visit Privet Drive that night. She and her partner turn him, and voila! Harry is now one of the most revered and powerful vampires around.

This is one of those stories where there is no downside to being a vampire. It amplifies Harry's magic rather than destroys it, 'unlocks' his latent abilities, gives him natural occlumency, and basically turns him into a god. He can even go out in the sunlight with no difficulty. He only has to drink blood once per month, and even then he can just buy it.

For no discernible reason, these uber vamps take Harry under their wing and train him in the 'old ways,' whatever the hell that means. I made it seven or so chapters in, and it was just a bunch of supertrunk!training cliches.

The author doesn't even try to paint vampires as creatures of darkness. They bicker with each other as if they were in a bad sitcom, and 90% of the story is inane, unrealistic dialogue. Seriously, there's almost no narration. I'm beginning to think there's no such thing as a good vampire story.

1/5

Edit: another failtastic element I forgot to mention: Snape is 1/4 vampire. What is it with fics that do this? Shouldn't it be all or nothing? And it turns out that Hermione is 1/256th vampire or something like that because one of her ancestors was a vampire.

Stake it, behead it, and burn it with fire.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  12. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

The first chapter is absolutely terrible! But it looked like the story was turning into mediocre Super!Harry before the following:
    I'm not taking any more of this shit.

1/5

13. Tylendel

Tylendel Seventh Year

At least they are not sparkling vampires...

14. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

This thread amuses me, but only because it's fun to look back a few years and see what some people used to called grammar. :awesome

15. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

We also now know that Vash was overly fond of ellipses...

I have read this story once upon a time, as I see it in my massive list of bookmarks. I probably read every non-slash harry!vampire story between ff.net and hpff.com, but I don't remember the plot on this one, and have no desire to reread it. ?/5