1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizard Giller

Wizard Giller Seventh Year

My guess is that Pettigrew isn’t saying, “He’s at Hogwarts,” while dreaming and/or plotting revenge. Given how cowardly he is, I think he believes someone there can grant him sanctuary and/or there is someone in Hogwarts he fears very much.

I think he is referring to either Professor Snape or possibly Draco Malfoy. Either way it would be a very big risk for him to go to Hogwarts knowing that his former friends likely have the Marauder’s Map and are certainly looking for him. I suspect that he will try to contact one of them seeking sanctuary sometime this year.

There is no reason for me to believe that Pettigrew knows yet that Voldemort survived the attack on the Potters in this story or even if he somehow went ‘round the twist like the other fanatics to know that Voldemort is in Albania. These were things he discovered in canon via overhearing where Quirrel spent his summer before Harry’s first year and naturally the conclusion of the PoS.

Therefore, I think he is looking for a DE to shelter him atm. I predict a fairly normal year for Nathan with Harry possibly being put in a tight spot and possibly us seeing Pettigrew through Calypso’s Malfoy connection somewhere down the line.

2. Anme

Anme Professor

Pettigrew getting in contact with Rosier might be a possibility but I have my doubts.

3. Hw597

Hw597 Seventh Year

Honestly, we don't know how Harry would perform in a tough situation as he hasn't reaaly been put in one. So saying Nathan is the hero and Harry isn't is a little premature. Nathan talent seems to be finding trouble more than anything else.

4. Roma

Roma Fourth Year

I was reading the Harry Potter wiki on old man Rosier, and it might just be one of the most worthless wiki entries I have ever read.
    I don't think he was saying that Harry doesn't have it in him to be a Hero. Just that Nathan has been a hero at his school the last two years, including killing a basilisk, and as such isn't probably very jealous. His reaction is similar to the reaction of most people when a sibling attempts to tell them how to take care of themselves, he gets annoyed and ignores them.

5. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

I didn't even know there was an update until I flipped back a few pages, but I read this and immediately laughed:
    That's clearly a disguised blow-up doll. Get going on that omake vlad.

6. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    An excellent update, overall.

I'm a little surprised, given Harry's parent's reaction to his skipping ahead in Dark Arts last term, that they're not more concerned about his taking top spot in Dark Arts this time around. Perhaps this may be addressed in their reactions to his accomplishments.

I didn't catch this when reading, but Harry's article should probably be co-authored by his Transfiguration professor; 12-year-old kids wouldn't know how to write a research article for publication. (Heck, I've had postdocs who couldn't).

7. greywizard-dumblemort

greywizard-dumblemort Fourth Year

It would totally be in Peter's character to seek out the one guy who could protect him indefinitely- the Dark Lord.

Afterall, as soon as he lost the protection of being the Weasley's pet rat in canon he immediately ran off to find and aid his master. This could be done believably if its preceeded by something like the dark mark slowly regaining a minor bit of colour; a sure indicator that the Dark Lord is still around in some form or another. I remember even before his ultimate revival the mark was active and colourful enought to spark fear in Kakaroff.

Someone mentioned "lady witches and gentlewizards"- yeah, 'lady witches' sounds redundant to me as we know in this series witches are invariably female. Ladies and gentlemen is fine to be honest since I would imagine witches still consider themselves ladies and wizards themselves men.

Anyways Santi, great update as usual. This remains up there with the greatest of them. I like your characterisations, your magical theory and the fact that you don't sacrifice quality by rushing. Keep up the good work.

8. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

Is Godric's Hollow protected? I mean when exactly did Pettigrews betrayal happen? Given that he used to be a trusted member of the marauder club, it would have made sense for him to be informed of where the Potter home was located, allowing him to ignore the fidelius. Assuming that the charm was not redone afterwards, Pettigrew might still have access to the place.

As for going after Harry, there is always a chance that if Pettigrew is after revenge, he might want to kidnap Harry and use him as a hostage or something to lure Nathan into a trap. It is not beyond reason that Pettigrew might know the location of Durmstrang, or be able to find out somehow.

In truth I find myself hoping for something of that sort simply because I still think that Harry should get to adventure and be the "hero" that saves the day to show us that he can hold his own and think on his feet in a dangerous situation just like Nathan can.

9. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

No. Dumbledore instituted that rule that specific year. It's not specified whether or not if it was for all the schools that rule was instituted or solely for Hogwarts and Durmstrang and Beauxtabons just decided to be polite and bring their seventeen year old wizards. For all we know, Dumbledore could allow Beauxtabons and Durmstrang to bring younger wizards (especially Durmstrang, who rarely has that many people reach seventeen and still be in school from the looks of it, and those that remain would be epic in comparison to other schools) and only enforce the age-line for his students.

10. CleanRag

CleanRag Professor

Yes it is under a Fidelius Charm. If peter knew the secret before they would simply recast the charm like any sensible person.

Voldemort said he didn't know the location of the school so Peter knowing it would be ridiculous. If a sniveling coward like Petegrew can get the location it would ruin part of Durmstrang's hype. Hell they made the Chief Warlock of the ICW take an oath not to betray the location; its secure information.

I want Harry to have an adventure as much as anyone, however, I trust that Santi will give Harry an adventure when it is his time to have one. Not degrade his story with a substandard and forced plot that every fanfiction reader has seen 10,000 times. Everything in this story so far has been very AU and origional; all of the canon events have happened to Nathan. When that adventure does come I hope it is an original idea involving the world that has been created for Harry.

Until there is a smidgen of evidence that Peter is going after Harry drop this shit. It is one step behind the whole 'Grindelwald Has a Horcrux at Durmstrang' plot on the ridiculous scale.

I believe Santi has said that he would be getting to the tri-wizard tournament by ch. 13. That means a 1 or 2 chapter third year like this last one. Not much time for a intricate plot line unless Santi changed the outline of the story.

11. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

Reason Harry did not get mad at Dumbledore for using Legilimency? Because he's completely stupid and cannot connect one to two outside of a book.

12. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

...Wut?

You're funny bro. :awesome

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  13. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

...Wut?

/Filler

14. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

EXACTLY! This guy knows what the fuck is up.

15. Darth Mage

Darth Mage Second Year

On to more serious subjects I was just reading through the last page and realized you included Kosarev's first name as "Alexander." From earlier chapters, if I remember, his name was penned as Armando! Which one is it?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  16. Sferics

Sferics Second Year

Right. That must be it, it's not like Harry has recently made a discovery that defied conventional knowledge and experimented with it in a creative test.

17. Roma

Roma Fourth Year

Or it could be that Harry is a twelve year old who completely trusts Dumbledore and sees him as a grandfather. Plus, from what I was able to gather, Dumbledore is not actively searching for memories in Harry's head, he is just trying to get a read on how Harry is handling Pettigrew escaping Azkaban. Now whether or not that is true is another story, but Harry trusts Dumbledore and why wouldn't he believe that Dumbledore was using Legilimency for such a benign purpose.

18. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

Now, before everyone starts complaining about the limited reaction from the Potters about Harry's achievement, I'm going to be writing a short 5-6K word interlude that will cover the reactions with a bit more detail. The order will likely be:

Dumbledore
    Grindelwald

The only way that could be more awesome is if it was Dumbledore visiting Grindelwald to bring him the news.

19. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Or perhaps it is because wizards don't really believe in the sanctity of mind? They seem to think that repeatedly Obliviating Muggles is funny and nobody has ever expressed any outrage over Legilimency. It also seems that the milder love potions are perfectly legal. And we shouldn't forget that in this fic they teach children the Trauma Curse...

20. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I figure your surface thoughts are fair game seeing as they're right there. Doesn't mean it's not rude and inconsiderate, but it doesn't strike me as particularly immoral. That and as it's been said, Dumbledore had legitimate reasons for wanting to gauge Harry's reaction, and he didn't try to dodge the issue when confronted, he was merely concerned.

Not open for further replies.