1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v6.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Aug 12, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Time for a new thread, the other one is pretty full. You can find the old one here.

More terrible summaries incoming.

2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Ohhhhhhhh........

Now what's worth the honour to deflower this thread?

From the Horrors Comes Love by Minerva-Severus-Dumbledor reviews
    Harry’s captured by D.E.’s and winds up preggers, Sev’s his daddy, Draco’s the baby’s daddy, eventual HPLM romance.
    Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Drama/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 7,169 - Reviews: 46 - Published: 6-16-04 - Harry P. & Lucius M.

3. Roma

Roma Fourth Year

Has anybody found a fic with a terrible summary that is actually a decent fic?

4. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

There are no doubt quite a few like that, but the awful summary would dissuade many from checking it out.

5. silentclock

silentclock Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I don't think I've ever encountered a good story with a bad summary, but there are probably a few somewhere. It's just kind of hard to imagine an author failing at a two line summary and managing to write a good story.

Luscious by starlit.serenity reviews
    Lucious Malfoy has a secret. The kind that involves being a sex slave to the high inquisitor. Rated: M - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 741 - Reviews: 8 - Published: 5-25-09 - Lucius M. & Dolores U. - Complete

6. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

6. Mortal Moon » by BewitchedOne reviews
    After Voldemort's defeat, the Ministry enacts a new set of laws that state all dark creatures must have an owner. With Lucius Malfoy after Remus, how is Harry going to protect him? Future RL/HP, RL/DM, RL/HP/DM, DM/HP, BW/SB Edited and reposted, 10/30/09
    Rated: M - English - Romance - Chapters: 9 - Words: 40,618 - Reviews: 134 - Updated: 8-15-10 - Published: 2-27-09 - Remus L. & Harry P.

&

65. Sugar and Spice » by Blessing of Earendil reviews
    A potions accident turns Harry into a woman. This is the story of her life with her bi-sexual mate, Sev. HPSS Slash then Het
    Rated: M - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 20 - Words: 51,834 - Reviews: 346 - Updated: 8-13-10 - Published: 6-2-04 - Harry P. & Severus S.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  7. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

Half of the stories that I read that update often have bad summaries.

8. Phreak of Indoles

Phreak of Indoles Squib

I think I win. :).
    This is the link.
    http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/chapters122.htm

The summary.

For those of you who do not know what My Immortal is, it is in short and most accurately completely retarded. My Immortal is a very loose Harry Potter fanfiction story about Ebony (or Enoby) Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way, a gothic teenage vampire girl who attends Hogwarts school. To say anymore may spoil the lulz. The story is infamous for its horrible abuse to the english language and extreme gothic attitude.
    and now what you came for!

This is the first paragraph...

Hi my name is Ebony Dark’ness Dementia Raven Way and I have long ebony black hair (that’s how I got my name) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee (AN: if u don’t know who she is get da hell out of here!). I’m not related to Gerard Way but I wish I was because he’s a major fucking hottie. I’m a vampire but my teeth are straight and white. I have pale white skin. I’m also a witch, and I go to a magic school called Hogwarts in England where I’m in the seventh year (I’m seventeen). I’m a goth (in case you couldn’t tell) and I wear mostly black. I love Hot Topic and I buy all my clothes from there. For example today I was wearing a black corset with matching lace around it and a black leather miniskirt, pink fishnets and black combat boots. I was wearing black lipstick, white foundation, black eyeliner and red eye shadow. I was walking outside Hogwarts. It was snowing and raining so there was no sun, which I was very happy about. A lot of preps stared at me. I put up my middle finger at them.
    Whu Da fugg?:confused::confused:

9. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You've just discovered My Immortal, huh? You should try reading this webcomic.

10. Anme

Anme Professor

Best Dumbledore characterisation ever.

11. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Capital find!

12. Mutt

13. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

QFT.

I believe the greatest line in the history of literature was uttered by Dumbledore in this fic when he said

14. Mutt

Ahem Fiat, but I think this Dumbledore quote trumps all.

/end thread derailment

3. Who Can you Turn To » by Voldyismoldy reviews
    when Harry finds himself Pregnant at fifteen by Ron who refuses to accept the baby will someone unexpected step forward to help him raise the baby or will he be forced to do it on his own. DmHp, major ron and Hermione bashing, rape, child abuse, Mpreg,yoa
    Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 14 - Words: 61,598 - Reviews: 410 - Updated: 8-14-10 - Published: 7-22-08 - Harry P. & Draco M.

15. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

4. Life Has Killed the Dream by InvaderMedras reviews Yet another Harry Potter/Inception story in which Eames is Slytherin, Dom is Gryffindor and they're still friends. Somewhere along the line, Legilimency is used in exactly the way you would expect, Mal invades Dom's classes and Michael Caine teaches DADA.
    Rated: T - English - Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 909 - Reviews: 2 - Published: 7-30-10

GAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

16. Mutt

I'm very very very very confused right now. What's Inception?

17. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I really hope you are being sarcastic.

If not, google and pretend you were.

18. Mutt

Right. Of course I was. >.> <.< >.>

I don't watch TV, cause my satellite's always getting knocked out (I live in a very wooded area, so any amount of wind fucks with the signal).

19. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Ah, well. Googled now, I guess?

Not really a must-know, anyway. I was just surprised given the hype it's had, especially here.

20. Brandark

Brandark Squib

Not open for further replies.