1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age 2 Announced.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gizmore, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

2. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Here is a question/slight thread derailment. What are your favourite/most useful mods for Dragon Age: Origins?

3. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Winter Forge without a doubt. Along with the Arcane Warrior no sheathe to cast mod, All Skills unlocked and Nightmare Plus.

Lotsa lotsa zero's.

4. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Not really tried modding Dragon Age for the PC, I prefer modding other games like Fallout.

Any mods worth downloading?

/On topic

Anyone remember old Flemeth? Despite certain choices some of us may have made, she apparently reappears in DA2, I'll find the source for it later.

5. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

6. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

The redesigned Quanari looks badass.

Which makes me sad about the lack of race customization.

7. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

So, after spending the last thirty seconds or so mumbling "omg omg omg" to myself, I've decided that Bioware can just have my wallet right now. I actually just redownloaded DA:O and DA:A as my entire game collection was recently stolen, and am about to play through again. Can't wait for #2

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That... was fucking awesome beyond words...

9. Trafalgar

Trafalgar First Year

While the trailer rekindles my fanboy love of the Dragon Age series, I can't help but compare it to the Sacred Ashes trailer: Here.

While the trailer for DA:2 isn't as long, it does have a Quinari getting ripped in half, so I'll call it even. Also significantly less annoyed at the fact I won't be able to play as a Dwarf, now that I've seen the pure bad ass they seem to be making Hawke into.

Only problem is that they look set to release both this and SW:TOR in the Spring of 2011.

10. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ohh yeah, that fire spell was AWESOME.

+1 Hype in my mind.

11. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

I see that Hawke(?) in the trailer seems to be using blood a lot, or at least wiping it around everywhere. Does this mean he's using blood magic? Or could this be some product of Avernus's research into tainted warden blood?

12. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

The trailer was awesome.Hawke was badass and the last spell was beyond cool.

I am still wondering how the fuck Flemeth survived. If she is supposed to be a companion,maybe there will be a quest to track down Morrigan,kill her and get her child for Flemeth.

13. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

... O.O woah

I think I regret that I'll miss the launch of this more than I regret missing my cousins wedding by being in Kenya all next year.

14. Raonar

Raonar Squib

Everywhere (being one with all existence makes you
    As far as I know, Hawke isn't and won't ever be a Grey Warden.

My guess is that he gets Flemeth to turn him into a half dragon/something, probably similar to what she herself is, only without the ancient, immortal abomination part.

Also, since the action starts in Lothering, just after the Warden passed through, I'm guessing he could have met Flemeth prior to Morrigan asking the Warden to kill her.

Anyway, was it said anywhere tha Flemeth is a companion? I highly doubt she is. From the screenshots I've seen, Hawke and Bethany are by themselves when they meet her, so it's probably an early game encounter or somesuch.

Also, I suspect that the Qunari Hawke kills is the Arishok Sten speaks of in Origins. It would be interesting to run into Sten in the game. It would be very possible, considering that at least 8 years of the action occurs after the Blight and, thus, after Sten would have left, provided Asala had been recovered.

I'm still peeved I won't be able to play a dwarf though. Ah well.

15. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Qunari in the trailer is probably not an accurate depiction of what we'll actually be seeing in the game. Never trust a trailer. Could be wrong though.

If that's the default look for a male Hawke... I like it. A lot better than the default male Shepard, at least. I'll probably still make my own, though.

16. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

This actually looks pretty awesome. I haven't played the fist game. Should I play it before I pick up this one when it comes out?

17. Perfection

Perfection Fourth Year

The first game was amazing, definitely play it even if it's not necessary to play the second.

18. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I vaguely remember a Quinari that looked almost exactly like the one in this trailer in the

assassination attempt on Leliana

Though I could be wrong.

EDIT:

My feelings on this game keep going up and down.

At first, I didn't like the sound of it. Then the trailer brought me back up.

Now this

Cell shading? Cartoony? Real time action? Ummm, is this really Dragon Age II?

I'm starting to get a bit worried. I have faith in you Bioware, please don't turn this into Jade empire. They tried something very similar with the fighting and art style, and it did not turn out great.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  19. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Goddamnit, it sounds like they're consoling it up. Fucking idiots, they'll ruin a perfectly great IP if they do that. What's next, loading screens every 50 steps?

20. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That fire spell was one of the most badass pieces of magic I've had the pleasure of seeing in a game in a looooooooooooooooooooong time, heads will fucking roll if I can't use that in game.