1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Spider-man Dimensions

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

http://spidermandimensions.marvel.com/#/home

This looks like it could actually be the first good Spiderman game to come out in forever. Amazing I hadn't heard anything about this yet, it looked awesome.

From Wikipedia:

Shattered Dimensions revolves around an artifact known as the "Tablet of Order and Chaos". When it is shattered into pieces during a skirmish between Spider-Man and Mysterio it causes problems with multiple Marvel Universe realities. Madame Web calls on four versions of Spider-Man from four realities to assist her in bringing the realities back into balance: the Amazing Spider-Man; Spider-Man Noir, a 1930s version of Spider-Man; Spider-Man 2099, the Spider-Man of a possible future; and Ultimate Spider-Man, who is currently bonded with a symbiote.

Each Spider-Man will be voiced by a different actor who has voiced Spider-Man in the past. Neil Patrick Harris, who voiced Spider-Man in Spider-Man: The New Animated Series, will voice the Amazing Spider-Man of the mainstream Marvel universe.[25] Christopher Daniel Barnes, who portrayed Spider-Man in Spider-Man: The Animated Series, will voice Spider-Man Noir. Spider-Man 2099 will be portrayed by Dan Gilvezan, who was the voice of Spider-Man in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.[6] Finally, Ultimate Spider-Man will be voiced by Josh Keaton, who lent his voice in the 2008 series, The Spectacular Spider-Man. Stan Lee will narrate the story,

Opening cinematic
    [yt]3ohxrlijqBo[/yt]

Gameplay
    [yt]MMk5YJElxO0[/yt]

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I've had my eye on this for a while, looks pretty cool. Having Christopher Barnes doing voice work makes me very happy indeed.

3. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

This sounds fairly awesome. Any ideas on the release date.

Btw NPH rocks.

4. Calz

Calz Oh, I Got the Mic Now!

Its not amazing.

Its ok.

Been playing at it, but I can say this: The Spider-Man Noir section of the game is basically a complete rip/homage to Arkham, right down to detective vision being put in the game as the upgraded spider-sense, and so on... though the enemies won't react if you take down someone and leave them lying in full view, that I've seen so far, which is... regrettable.

But yeah. Gonna keep rolling. First 2 sections done and going to save Noir for last cause that was the reason I wanted to play the game in the first place, the costume is kinda great.

5. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    ... when WAS the last good Spiderman game? Because this is definitely looking like the next one.

6. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Spider-Man 2 tie in game. Although I still have a soft spot for the PS1 games, based on the 90's cartoon.

7. Calz

Web-slinging in this game is... odd. Counter-intuitive, too. Probably the most annoying thing I've found so far, really.

8. Midknight

How'd you get a copy days before the release?

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'd imagine he did not get a copy. Cali is merely judging from what he saw in the gameplay video.

I think it looks awesome, 100% going to buy it for xbox.

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Xbox version's been on the net for like... a week, I think.

Also: Ultimate-Spiderman vs Deadpool. So do want.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  11. Midknight

Yeah I see it now on Demoniod since 9/1. Don't have a chipped box though =/

12. Calz

Not joking, been playing.

I want to fight deady too, since Ultimate is black suit and so on, but at the same time I don't want to fight deady because then I'd have to beat him.

I will say though, the bickering back and forth in a battle like that could be funny as shit, if they actually do it.

13. Antivash

Apparently its uber easy to just flash the firmware on your DVD drive in the console, as opposed to adding the chip.

The shit you need to do it, though, is like uber specific I think. Like.. You've gotta have a Via 6-something chipset on your sata shit, or it wont work or something. (last I looked into it)

Yeah. Thats pretty much all I want out of that encounter.

14. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

I don't know how many of ya'll read the Ultimate Spider-man comics, but Ultimate Deadpool != 616 Deadpool. He was a mercenary that tried to kill the X-men, but mostly he was a dick.

That being said I'm hoping it'll be an interesting game. I'll probably rent it sometime though, but won't buy.

15. Midknight

Havent looked into it in awhile, but last I looked, once you flashed you couldn't go onto Xbox Live, whereas the chip you could usually turn it off and not have it detected.

I may look into modding my xbox 360, if they get it to where it doesnt take extensive soldering, but with the bricking habit (RROD) the 360's have, I'm nervous to void the warrenty. I bought my original xbox used after the 360 came out for dirt cheap, so I didn't give a damn about cracking that bastard open and throwing in a 400gb hard drive.

16. Antivash

RRoD is actually pretty easily fixed, I found. I just did it yesterday, actually. And all it takes is a bit of thermal paste and some pennies. :eek:

Red Ring Penny Trick Youtube video. Took me like .. an hour, and my cousin hasn't called me back yet.

17. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Never tried the penny thing, I did it with just arctic silver thermal paste on my main chips and left it at that. Basicly the termal paste they use is shit.

A friend who showed me how to do it simply put a piece of cardboard between the big white airflow contraption to better direct the air flow.

That and we had some washers in place and completely removed the x clamps.

Results say more as I have litterally left the thing running on for a month with no issues, no turning off either.

The towel trick is just overheating the thing till it forces the board to resoder the chips back together.

Things been running strong, what 2 years now with no issues.

18. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    About the game. The plot looks cool enough, and the Spidermans are nice too. But videos of the gameplay that i saw I didn't like much. The game has potential, but the gameplay reminds me of Ultimate Alliance, which isn't bad, but its not good either.
    I do love the plot though, and some well placed Spidey smartass comments are always welcome.
    So, I guess its nice, but by no means the best Spiderman game.

19. Antivash

Yeah. I knew their thermal paste was crap, so I replaced it anyway when I did the penny thing. Fuck I hate those clamps they use.

20. Midknight

Yeah I know how to fix it, but it's one of those time versus value things. Would've used a filed/cut down mobo mosfet heatsinks instead of electric taped wrapped pennies.

So from the videos you're making a judgment of the gameplay and determining that it's just an okay game?